THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default In the spring a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of...

Pontiac's FIREBIRD GIRL! In 1983 the Firebird Girl was Ms. Natalie Carroll. Ms. Carroll, a Detroit-based model, was featured in all sorts of Pontiac promotional material, including print ads, sales brochures and even a few TV commercials, plus the now infamous 1983 Pontiac Excitement calendar.

This calendar featured many of the racing vehicles that Pontiac Motor Division sponsored that year. You might call it a racy calendar. At least one Pontiac executive thought that the images, or perhaps only one image, of Ms. Carroll was TOO racy. The calendar was recalled from distributors shortly after its release. I became an instant collector's item.

Most of you have never seen the contents of this calendar. Many of you weren't even born at the time of its very short release.

Calendar cover.

I have scanned and uploaded the entire calendar to the following location on Wild About Cars. Thirty-one years have passed. Times have changed. Mores have evolved with the advent of cable TV and the internet. Check it out and determine for yourself if it deserved to be banned.

The calendar is fairly large at 18 x 24 hanging open, so to speak. Download it free of charge at the following link–

http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/cgi-b...aldisplayed=50

Old 04-09-2014, 12:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks, Ric!

That calendar and Ms Carroll are awesome.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 04-09-2014, 12:39 PM

Enjoyed Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nothing better than a wet tshirt!

Well, except no tshirt!!!

Old 04-09-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
Nothing better than a wet tshirt!

Well, except no tshirt!!!
Well, except a wet tshirt and not flat chested. Otherwise very nice.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

so where is she now and what does she look like

Old 04-09-2014, 08:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was curious too but couldn't find much. She appeared in a 1st season episode of Knight Rider, bit part as a model. You can watch it on HULU, episode is The Topaz Connection.

She was 25 in 1982, makes her 56 or 57 today.

HPP ran a story on her in Feb '84 issue.

A blurb in the '90s supposedly reported that she was married with kids, long out of modeling.

An IMDb bio suggests more recent film credits (production role) but that is another Natalie Carroll.

I'd guess she looks like an average mid 50s aged woman today. Probably better to remember her by the calendar and ad shots.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V. View Post
I was curious too but couldn't find much. She appeared in a 1st season episode of Knight Rider, bit part as a model. You can watch it on HULU, episode is The Topaz Connection.

She was 25 in 1982, makes her 56 or 57 today.

HPP ran a story on her in Feb '84 issue.

A blurb in the '90s supposedly reported that she was married with kids, long out of modeling.

An IMDb bio suggests more recent film credits (production role) but that is another Natalie Carroll.

I'd guess she looks like an average mid 50s aged woman today. Probably better to remember her by the calendar and ad shots.
That's what I was thinking as well.

Dr. Thomas Sowell