Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 08-03-2014, 04:41 AM

Default Champion Cooling: Buyer Beware

I ordered their 61-63 Tempest/Lemans direct fit radiator June '13. When it arrived, I started process of changing out factory 2 core to find out the petcock & lower output tube hut my lower radiator support. I called them & explained situation & I wasn't cutting support to make it fit. I asked if they could move both inward 4.5" from both bottom corners. Sure, for a $175 custom application fee. Ok, I needed it to fit. A month later, I received new one & they moved the petcock & lower output in 6" & cut the core down 4.5" !!! WTH....
Now its 2 week b4 Norwalk & I told them I was using it but now I had to buy a smaller flex fan & lower hose since radiator height was shortened.
I told them there were 2 different motors & 2 different radiators for 63. I will send them my 4 cyl factory 1 to CAD, then they would have both types. No problem in told by Matt at Champion. He would even reimburse me for the parts I had to buy to make it to Norwalk (about $60.).
I wedge pcs of rubber hose into upper & lower radiator supports to hold smaller radiator in place & off I go. No issues driving it till I parked it in Nov.
I get it out of storage and April I have not heard from Champion nor received my new radiator. A quick call & Matt's too busy now & I'm dealing with Steve. Come to find out they moved warehouses over winter & nothing more was done with my prepaid order.
Steve looks into it & finds order, my factory radiator & so he starts ball rolling.
CAD done, off to China it goes. My radiator arrives in California at their offices in late June '14. The overflow tube it at 10 vs 2:30 but they will fix it there & send it out.
I get my new radiator & instead of the top of the upper tank being flush all the way across, they cut the filler neck down 1.5" so the cap is below the top of the tank which will be hell to check with factory fan shroud in place.
A call back to Steve and they're done with my order; nothing more will be done to correct this as they're satisfied with results,EVEN THOUGH CUSTOMER IS NIT SATISFIED AS IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE FACTORY.
I'll be contacting the area Better Business bureau BUT try NOT to give them ur business if possible. Save yourself some trouble.
Robin Triplett

Old 08-25-2014, 11:59 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via ICQ to Tim66
Default champion

Thanks Robin for the warning,I will stand clear of them.

Old 03-16-2015, 11:51 PM

O M F G...
is been a year since I got my final product radiator from Champion. just now do I have time to put in there " new radiator". as I put it in I notice it is about 2 inches too tall! now this is a radiator that they were supposed to CAD off of my original I sent them as a template.
HOW can a business operate and give the customer what they paid for not once not twice but three freaking times now!

DO NOT USE. THIS. COMPANY EVER.....

63 Lemans convt. Present
63 Tempest HT bbw Parts car
Old 10-28-2015, 11:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I just saw this and wanted to recount my experience with Champion Radiators.
I purchased an aluminum radiator for my 75 Formula when I put in the 455 and th400 I built.. I installed it 4 years ago. I posted pictures of that here at the time.

I drive this car everyday (it is my only car).

It works like a dream. I thought the piece was well made. It required me to trim the corner pieces on the radiator support but I attribute that to the thicker then stock core.
It was not a custom piece, granted. THe value was exceptional I felt.

I do recommend these radiators. That is my experience.

Work
'67 GTO Convertible "Koerner Built 413 500 hp with a Victor!.. I'll run a stock intake."
'75 Formula 400 - Daily Driver -
Running with my Home Built 455 and TH400

Details here:
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=588372