EFI Tech All things EFI and making classics modern!

Old 11-18-2015, 04:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Right, I figured it would be something like that. I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm curious to see the details of what FITech offers - what exactly will we get and how will it work, look, and install. I understand how it *could* work but until we see what they offer we won't know for sure exactly what approach they're taking and how the parts will look/install. Like will they offer a unit that completely replaces the distributor or will it be something that mounts inside the distributor? Sorry I didn't make that clear.

Old 11-18-2015, 04:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The Throttle body type injection does not require a can sensor, as they are batch fire injection.
MP EFI Sequential ignition and injection reacquire a cam sensor.

Last edited by Ollie; 11-18-2015 at 04:52 AM.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, that's what Im talking about. The sequential system. I'm curious to see what exactly they offer/how it installs.... LOL We already know what the TBI system consists of.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Aren't all ignition systems sequential?

Last edited by STEELCITYFIREBIRD; 11-18-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:47 PM
Senior Chief

Just incase anyone is curious about running this system on e85. I have just finished the install of the go efi 8 on my 462. This system i am running on e85. I have the car ideling great and it has great throttle response. I am working with fi tech to tune in the starting up process. Once that is done i will be taking it for a drive. So far i am very happy and impressed with this system. The car idles clean at 950 rpm which is right where i want it with how big of a cam the engine has.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:41 PM

tadaaa

http://bangshift.com/general-news/ne...ess-than-1000/

Old 11-19-2015, 07:53 PM

Impressive, we may see a price war now, which is good!

Old 11-19-2015, 08:31 PM
Suspended

The deciding factor for me after the Holly has proven itself like the FiTech has is where its made. The FiTech is made in China but with close attention to detail from the guys at FiTech in CA. If by some chance the Holly is completely made here that would be the difference, but I don't think it will. I wouldn't be surprised if they came out of the same factory.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:38 PM

Components at least would be from china, but china started loosing factories to other 3rd world countries, in 5 years from now we will be unhappy with junk from another part of the world.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

ok I got my fitech up and running tonite. 78 trans am factory intake that I modified ,factory air cleaner and shaker. No issues with hood clearance and it runs freaking awsome. only got to run it for about 10 min but it feels extremely smooth all the way to the floor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	413795  

Old 11-19-2015, 11:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

another
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	184
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	413796  

Old 11-19-2015, 11:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

one more
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	256
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	413797  

Old 11-20-2015, 07:10 AM

Very similar to my setup other than I am using a spacer at the moment. Did your factory drop base have figment issues?

I would recommend getting new 3/8 hose for the PVC, when I had my pvc go into the spot in the manifold you have it now I had a speratic idle, when I switched it to the port on the carb (now back of fitech) it smoothed out my idle.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:12 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Angelo, no mods at all to the factory air cleaner base. I did need to use a 90 degree an fitting to connect to the efi unit, I did also change the pcv to the port on the efi before i fired it up. I had to get an aftermarket throttle cable bracket to get proper alignment for the throtle cable and kickdown cable. I also had to make some minor modifications to the bracket for it to work.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:30 AM

Awesome. I found a throttle stud for a Mopar application worked perfectly for the kickdown. Will dig up the part number the weekend.I use the same 90 degree elbow at the same angle to clear my factory air cleaner as well, but I wanted to confirm it wasn't just me that got it to clear.

Old 12-02-2015, 11:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Just wanted to update on my progress with Fitech unit. I have not had much time to drive the car much but when i did it was taking longer than normal to start it after I had run it for a while. I finally got a chance to call fitech and spoke to Brice, He explained to me that the units are shipped basically set up for a small block 350. He asked if I was hearing a lot of air sucking thru thr TBI and I was. He explained that my 461 wasnt getting enough air and comapered it to trying to breath thru a straw. He had me check the IAC steps on the display screen. He said the ideal reading would be between 5-10. my reading was over 200. To correct this he had me turn in the screw on the bottom left corner of the TBI. This opened the butterflies up slightly. I kept him on the phone with the car running and we made adjustments to the screw 1/8th of a turn at a time untill the IAC readings were between 5-10 at idle. I took the car out for a ride and made a few stops and the car fired right up each time. One other note I overtightened the an fittings on the fuel command cender and crushed the nylon washers. this caused me to have a fuel leak. I replaced the nylon washers with some metal ones that came with some an fittings i had and it stopped the leaks I was told b Bryce at Fitech that they are working on some instructional videos I think this would be a huge help being there is no tuning or trouble shooting guidelines in the manual or on there website. I do have to say that i love the way my car pulls all the way thru the rpm range with this system. for someone like me who doesnt have the skills to work on tunning a carb it is a good alternative that allows me to realize the maximum potential of my 461. Im sure a perfectly dialed in qjet might pull out a few more ponies but i probably would not notice the difference. One other nice benefit is that you can program a max RPM even if you are not using it to control timing. It uses a fuel cutoff to achieve. this is a great feature to keep the revs under control.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6t7goat View Post
I do have to say that i love the way my car pulls all the way thru the rpm range with this system. for someone like me who doesnt have the skills to work on tunning a carb it is a good alternative that allows me to realize the maximum potential of my 461. Im sure a perfectly dialed in qjet might pull out a few more ponies but i probably would not notice the difference. One other nice benefit is that you can program a max RPM even if you are not using it to control timing. It uses a fuel cutoff to achieve. this is a great feature to keep the revs under control.
Exactly. Love that concept of not having to gain 40 years of tuning experience to make my stuff run great. I don't have the time or desire to tweak on jetting for the next decade or two.

Old 12-03-2015, 07:50 AM

You can now buy FiTech products at Jegs.

IAC adjustment is new to me, can you explain where you get to that setting in the touch screen?

I am thinking about using fitech to control timing. I am using a programmable MSD 6al2. At this point my curve is nothing fancy, may as well be able to adjust it from the fitech rather than have to pull a laptop.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:25 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Angelo, On the touch screen go to the dash board and scroll down, you will see a line that says IAC STEPS this is the setting that needs to read between 5-10 at idle, It is achieved by turning the phillips screw on the drivers side front of the tbi. Turning it in will bring the number down. I started with one full turn in and then made 1/8th turns to dial it in.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

For you guys that have the distributor hooked up to the Fitech. What are the options for setting the initial, total and the also the curve.