Old 02-19-2016, 09:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyT/A'S View Post
ummm....wasn't that kinda harsh?
You just gotta look. You can still find T/A parts. Maybe 20 years from now, but not yet.

Just Say No To 8” Flakes pause pause

F ire B irds

🇮🇱
Old 02-19-2016, 10:06 AM
Suspended

Lightbulb Clue Bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
Note negative comments EVERYTIME a new reproduction part is brought to market...usual "too expensive" "who's going to pay that?" comments...

I've no dog in this hunt. Find it ironic that often same "expert" keyboard commanders think nothing of spending 1,000s of hours on InterWebz, Trolling Swap meets, and spending big $$$ hoarding parts...and THEN call out those who spend time, make the effort, and actually produce a finished licensed high quality product. Over time prices usually drop...as volume of sales increases...

IMO - If you don't like it don't look or buy it...Freedom of choice. Someone paid over $100k for one of these @ BJ, buyer remorse or not. The price for these niche parts is peanuts in comparison.

I've no Turbo's or need for the product offered...so I'll leave it at that.
Rinse and Repeat as applicable

Old 02-19-2016, 11:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by burd View Post
You just gotta look. You can still find T/A parts. Maybe 20 years from now, but not yet.
There IS a market for ANY product...at ANY price....

Just because YOU won't pay that much for for doesn't mean the price is too high...It's just too HIGH for you....

Just have a look in the FAT catalogs of the Firebird parts whores....Year one....Classic....NDP....they are just FULL of overpriced,aftermarket CRAP...that SOMEBODY is buying...

The part in discussion is a dedicated DECENT copy of an OE part...that is NOT available in used or aftermarket....it was created for a need....and it WILL sell...to somebody....that doesn't want to spend the rest of their life going to swap meets looking for one...JMO

Don't get me WRONG....I LOVE swap meets.....just don't be in a hurry ...looking for something specific...

Eye Candy......garage band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUPcHxHRx3s

Go full screen & turn it UP!
Old 02-20-2016, 10:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

No, there's gouging and selling.
Ok, I have a nOS hairy Hose, it's for sale for $4,000

F ire B irds

🇮🇱
Old 02-20-2016, 01:06 PM

Before you accuse anyone of "gouging and selling", base your words on fact. The cost to manufacture this component compared to the selling price, is beyond the $589 figure. If you are so privileged to judge the cost based on my invoices, I'll send them to you. Less this information, your judgment of the cost is moot.

Old 02-20-2016, 01:36 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppinto View Post
Before you accuse anyone of "gouging and selling", base your words on fact. The cost to manufacture this component compared to the selling price, is beyond the $589 figure. If you are so privileged to judge the cost based on my invoices, I'll send them to you. Less this information, your judgment of the cost is moot.
Ppinto, since you dont "live" here - FYI from this thread http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...=783129&page=3

Quote:
I Bought the whole Interior off of this guy, I still have a few pcs left, PM me with wants. I always buy Camel when I see it, it goes fast.lol
Quote:
So...great you're offering to sell. Not being inside the secret inner-circle / secret handshake society, got to ask few Qs:

- Who are you really?

- What is the big mystery with "your blog"? Link please...

- Where & what name are you already selling elsewhere - such as eBay, Craigslist, TAC,?

Thx in advance for verification. Rather this info come direct from you instead of 3rd party
Quote:
I'm Burd here and everywhere,I own a F Body site/forum, but love the Pontiacs, when I see nice Parts I buy them, always at the shows/swaps, I did the Auto shows for 25 Years, car cars and cars, love em, I live minutes off of Woodward, I buy only nice clean parts, sell them to usually people I know looking for them, I met Bob at the Natz, I know Norwood, but don't hold that against me, lol
BTW, a few of us are going to the Swap in early Jan, anyone in the D that wants to hook up PM me. I think I did send you my # but you never called me, no mystery, and I dont do Ebay, I had strange luck selling here, people make offers on $35 things, lol ah, no
So Burd where's the link to your "F Body site/forum?" Post it up!

Old 02-20-2016, 01:58 PM

I don't sell interiors? My post at www.tachrev.com explains the product for Turbo T/A's that I designed and manufactured. If you would like a copy of the advertisement that is posted at Tachrev.com, email or PM me. It's a .pdf, not sure how to post attachments here?

Old 02-20-2016, 02:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Moot, lol Buy a stack of them. Lol.
I just bought a nice orig one. My point is you can still find orig ones, way cheaper.

I just found a set of Camel mats. For the guys that like expensive stuff, I'll part with them for $3,500. Lol

F ire B irds

🇮🇱
Old 02-20-2016, 03:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Ppinto, since you dont "live" here - FYI from this thread http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...=783129&page=3

So Burd where's the link to your "F Body site/forum?" Post it up!

Sites don't like when you post up other forums, I sent it to you in a pm, and I sent you my fone #, nothing secret, you never wanted to talk.

F ire B irds

🇮🇱
Old 02-20-2016, 04:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't get the whole argument.

Buyer A is happy to be able to purchase a nice reproduction and it fits with his/her needs.

Buyer B prefers to search out OEM (and where available, NOS) instead of purchasing the reproduction.

Sounds like everybody wins. Buyer B should be especially happy with less competition hunting for the same NOS part.

Old 02-20-2016, 04:51 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Sites don't like when you post up other forums, I sent it to you in a pm, and I sent you my fone #, nothing secret, you never wanted to talk.
Meh.

Absolutely no idea (again) what you're talking about. Never recv'd "PM fone #" etc. that you claim sent; but @ least 2nd time - or more - you've posted that on this forum.

And coincidentally - again - no PM you claim sent as this is written and posted...But this OP thread was created and is all about you, and your opines, right?

Old 02-20-2016, 04:54 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkillphil View Post

Buyer A is happy to be able to purchase a nice reproduction and it fits with his/her needs.

Buyer B prefers to search out OEM (and where available, NOS) instead of purchasing the reproduction.

Sounds like everybody wins. Buyer B should be especially happy with less competition hunting for the same NOS part.
Exactly. But hey instead - bloviating on how floor mats are the same and as plentiful as recreating and offering niche turbo display assemblies?

Old 02-20-2016, 05:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkillphil View Post

And with THAT comment....the defence closes it's case.....

Old 02-20-2016, 05:15 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyT/A'S View Post
And with THAT comment....the defence closes it's case.....

Old 02-20-2016, 08:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking

unitedfbody.com

F ire B irds

🇮🇱

Last edited by burd; 02-20-2016 at 08:58 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:47 PM
Suspended

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	421587  

Old 02-21-2016, 10:03 AM

Yes, the original turbo displays can be sourced however, are they worth the time sourcing? The original injection molded plastic is a type that cannot withstand the engine / turbo temperatures and have proven to breakdown. Yes, they can be sourced however, they will continue to degrade, crack and blister just like the original.

Old 02-21-2016, 12:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppinto View Post
Yes, the original turbo displays can be sourced however, are they worth the time sourcing? The original injection molded plastic is a type that cannot withstand the engine / turbo temperatures and have proven to breakdown. Yes, they can be sourced however, they will continue to degrade, crack and blister just like the original.
Yeah that's true. Mine is split in two.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 02-21-2016, 09:54 PM
Senior Chief

I'm happy to see the part available and it looks like it was well done.

Old 02-21-2016, 11:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
No, there's gouging and selling.
Ok, I have a nOS hairy Hose, it's for sale for $4,000
just wondering how the girls like that hairy hose of yours?...

I'm sure there's some corrective medical procedures available to deal with the unwanted hair folicles...

Last edited by 2manyT/A'S; 02-21-2016 at 11:08 PM.