Old 03-30-2016, 11:54 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sstuff View Post
I did alot of research regarding 1965 GTO exhaust because I wanted something as close to OEM style for my low mileage car.

After talking a couple of times with the Owner (Eric Gardner) I went with their system and I am Very Happy!

He took the time to explain how they do Muscle Car exhaust. Most all their pipes are formed using NOS examples they have accumulated over the years.

My 65 system was a little under 1K. I didn't need their head pipes as my originals were still very nice and solid and so were my hangers. Note - Their head pipes have the "Correct flat area" of about 7 inches long just under the transmission cross member (just as my Originals have). Some other systems do not have this detail!

I had to purchase the whole system as they won't sell seperate pieces. That's fine as the stock mufflers and tail pipes are dead on. They also do the OEM correct double cut at the end of the tail pipes giving that factory finish.

I installed this system with little effort as the fit was perfect.
You are right. I to talked to Eric and was very nice talking to him. Yes the kit was actually $775 I think he said but as I wanted the splitters he was including the most recent repo version [the $289] version and in the end still $1135, not bad including splitters and correct splitter hangers.

Old 03-30-2016, 01:57 PM
Suspended

Do any of you have the upper to lower control arm braces and did the full size muffler get it the way. One of the main reasons I am doing this other then the system is old but works fine is my problem with the large mufflers getting in the way of adding the braces and I am using factory exhaust brackets. My car I thought should have come with the braces as I thought 4-speed cars made after mid year 65 all had them, but my car does not and I am going to put a set of repo's on. Thanks for all the responses not sure yet but leaning hard to the Gardner.

Old 03-30-2016, 03:53 PM
Senior Chief

My 65 still has the original exhaust. 2 1/4" into the mufflers and out. 2 1/4" into the resonators and 2" out of the resonators.

Old 03-30-2016, 05:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

FWIW, our car has the control arm brace and the stock style mufflers don't rub. Close, but they don't touch.