Old 06-12-2016, 10:34 PM

Default Vent window alignment issues

I'm having an issue with my driver's side vent window; it's not lining up the same as the passenger's side did at the bottom of the vent channel where the adjustment screw is.

For the passenger's side, the bottom of the vent and rear channels are about 0.5" from the inner door skin when I have the adjustment screws set up. The passenger window rolls up & down great, no binding.

On the drivers side, the vent window lower channel adjustment screw point wants to sit about 1.5 inches from the inner door skin (untensioned). I can force it inwards about a 1/2", but forcing anything makes me nervous. I'm worried that once I have the felts, etc. things will bind. The driver's side vent window frame doesn't appear "tweaked", nor does the door have any obvious issues.

Any ideas? I'm really stuck & can take pics if my description sucks. This is the last body issue I have (thankfully).

Old 06-13-2016, 10:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Is the bolt on the front of the door jamb loose so the vent window can move?

Old 06-13-2016, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrffytr1 View Post
Is the bolt on the front of the door jamb loose so the vent window can move?
Sorry, I forgot to mention that this is on a post car.

Went out to mess with it more tonight, but still no luck. Measured the difference between the driver's door, and the passenger door, for the bottom of the vent window and the final difference is 5/8" more away from the inner door skin on the driver's side door. Don't know if I should try to bend the door frame/whatever, or whether that kind of difference is ok.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As long as the windows roll up and down smoothly it shouldn't be a problem. If the driver's window is binding then you have something out of kilter. I am not familiar with how the vent window assembly bolts into a post car. Is the only adjustment at the bottom of the channel?

Old 06-16-2016, 06:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Stick,
Not sure I fully grasp the issue also not sure if you have a Body Manual.
Here is a link to the '67 Fisher Manual Door section with Ventilation window details starting on 6-42.
These will apply to the '66 as well, Hopefully they will give you some ideas what to look for.
If you could post some clear images I'm sure we can figure it out.
Cheers
http://www.thefirstgensite.com/libra...67S6P22_86.pdf