Old 08-31-2016, 06:41 PM
Suspended

Always a class act...

Old 08-31-2016, 07:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Dick,
Thanks for the great write, and congratulations on some great passes.

Will you be coming East this fall and to run in some of the great weather we have here?

Stan
So Stan, what does Dicks Norwalk performance compute to there, on a nice fall day? Say 65 deg, negative DA and down hill !

JK

Old 08-31-2016, 08:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Talking

congrats to dick, laura, and jeff,
youve really been getting after it since the switch. looking forward to next year already
best,
jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud View Post
Temp gauge workin?
lol- i asked doug (first cv-1 test car) same question when the gauge in his 73 t/a showed 175*,, after running 210 with 6x's no other changes.
no hype, just facts and figures
jim

Old 08-31-2016, 08:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry if you already mentioned before but what's your water temp when your staged? Are you driving the car to the lanes or towing?

And congratulations on the personal best. Sounds like there's a lot left in it!

Last edited by goatracer; 08-31-2016 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats on the very successful outings this year. It was a pleasure visiting with in the staging lanes at Norwalk. Car is outstanding in any venue, performance is off the charts...Enjoy the ride!

Old 08-31-2016, 08:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Congratulations Mr Fulton and crew! It was very nice to see you again and meet your wife! Great people. Jake and I didn't get to see any runs but we heard them and looked up at the timing boards (busy working in the pits) Impressive! Keep up the good work.

Brian

Boobs & bacon
Old 08-31-2016, 08:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It was great finally meeting you Dick. Your car is gorgeous! I can certainly attest to the cooling of CV-1's. I was on a 17 mile traffic jam last weekend called the Woodward dream cruise. Car was lit for 2 hours straight, never above 185. Mechanical water pump and mechanical 16" fan. Temps were low to mid 80's.

Old 08-31-2016, 11:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatracer View Post
Sorry if you already mentioned before but what's your water temp when your staged? Are you driving the car to the lanes or towing?

And congratulations on the personal best. Sounds like there's a lot left in it!
I know Dick competes in a "street" class...pretty sure they have a drive before hand but hopefully Dick or someone more informed can confirm.

Worth noting also...Dicks performance at Norwalk was on his DOT's... Not the slicks he planned to run. He cut a slick at Norwalk when he got there.

Old 08-31-2016, 11:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWilkie View Post
So Stan, what does Dicks Norwalk performance compute to there, on a nice fall day? Say 65 deg, negative DA and down hill !

JK
Bruce,
I am going to pass on that. While the atmosphere here at PY has changed lately, there are still places on the internet where people are still stuck in the past. I am waiting for a chit storm to happen at one of these places over this thread and I will not feed the trolls there.

What I was really hoping to do was to be able to see Dick's car run in low DA at that down hill track.

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 08-31-2016, 11:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Bruce,
I am going to pass on that. While the atmosphere here at PY has changed lately, there are still places on the internet where people are still stuck in the past. I am waiting for a chit storm to happen at one of these places over this thread and I will not feed the trolls there.

What I was really hoping to do was to be able to see Dick's car run in low DA at that down hill track.

Stan
... you never know Stan ...

Old 09-01-2016, 02:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Bruce,

Stan
Would like to see that as well.

And yeah I'm sure I've generated some fodder someone will try to give a whole different meaning to. Doesn't bother me anymore. Let them continue to prove they're fools. They are doing a fine job of it.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:44 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWilkie View Post

JK
I ran at Kentucky this year and picked up a tenth from 97 degrees to 85 same track next day nothing else changed on my car. No I don't run Nitrous BUT I run on Alcohol! Just some FYI FACT!

GTO George

Old 09-01-2016, 10:29 PM
Suspended

Great post by Dick. Thanks for providing data to the emotion.��

Old 09-02-2016, 06:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats Mr Fulton.You sir have done a great job! Glad to hear your motor was not hurt....I couldn't wish that on anyone!

All this talk about east coast downhill tracks
I'm glad Cecil County was brought up.
Cecil County is a NHRA member track with a track alt of 341 ft.
They have a NHRA division 1 race there and I'm sure it's within the NHRA allowable spec of degrees downhill that a racetrack can be...I'm sure the stock and super stock guys go there to set records!
Below is the link of the recap of their D1 race
http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCSt...er=30#indextop

Cecil is no more of a downhill track than Tri State is in Earlville IOWA
I can tell you that Earlville IS a downhill track built by stock/super stock guys and they will tell you it's right at the limit of allowable degrees downhill angle... Track alt is 1059 ft but I'm not sure if that's the starting line or finish line because it is a noticeable difference.....in September I have seen the Air at that track get down to 370ft DA....I love that track! It's layout is AWESOME and cars go fast there!..And it's only 241 miles south east of the Twin Cities...

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.82@159.91 in Joliet May 2024 ….157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23
Old 09-02-2016, 08:27 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Congrats Dick and the entire Fulton team. You guys work hard and your performance shows. You are advancing our sport and having a blast doing it.

Jason - Tri State is awesome. We need to meet there sometime. About halfway for both us us. Let me know the next time you are heading that way. It would be great to catch-up.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I know this is off the subject but is a high NA hp CV1 coming?

Old 09-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
I know this is off the subject but is a high NA hp CV1 coming?
... not off topic at all Brian, we've actually put the 572 back on my to do list since i finally got the 428 completed, but a few things have changed with the build now as i'm targeting alot more RPM, so my billet manifold is not a good fit anymore due to the runner length, but yes we're working on it ...

Old 09-02-2016, 10:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson Port Development View Post
... not off topic at all Brian, we've actually put the 572 back on my to do list since i finally got the 428 completed, but a few things have changed with the build now as i'm targeting alot more RPM, so my billet manifold is not a good fit anymore due to the runner length, but yes we're working on it ...
Cool, but nothing else in the pipeline?

Old 09-02-2016, 10:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Cool, but nothing else in the pipeline?
... actually yes, there are other builds, but i'm not at liberty to discuss those yet ... the 572 is the only one i can discuss at this time ...

Old 09-02-2016, 10:31 PM

Congrats to Mr. Fulton and his team.

I've removed quite a few posts from this thread, mostly trolling posts and replies to those posts.

Please don't take offense if you see that your posts have been removed, just attempting to keep things a bit more friendly in here.

It's great to see Dick posting about his experiences while running his car at Norwalk, we hope to hear more as time goes on.