Old 09-19-2016, 07:31 AM

Default 72 GTO Nose Filler

I just bought a low mile 72 GTO, and it does not have the nose filler piece that goes from the nose to the radiator support, that encircles the latch and springs. I have looked at many pictures of 72's and some have it and some do not. Is that the case? Did all have it or was it optional? It is a factory A/C car. Also it does not have the target style bezel over the park lights like a lot of 72's have, but more like a 71 park light. It is an early build date of 2nd week of August.

Old 09-19-2016, 08:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

if the '72 is a 400 car with AC, it originally wouldn't have the large plastic filler. The filler was used on endura nose A body's with 455 Dports or 455 HO engines & factory AC. First use was on '71 models built right after the Fall UAW strike was resolved.

On the lack of parking light bezels, that is odd, routinely, when a new model year Pontiac was introduced, all of the new model year styling pieces were present. Being so early a build, one could "guess" its possible. Does the car have '71 or '72 dated parking light lenses?

Old 09-19-2016, 03:16 PM

i will look at the date codes on the lens's. Thanks