THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 11-21-2016, 01:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Thanksgiving thoughts......

As Thanksgiving approaches, I thought I would share some thoughts I had recently......

I'm thankful for:

1. Living in a country where where one can arrive with practically nothing and succeed, accomplishing things not possible in other countries.

2. Living where one can peacefully object to the government without fear of reprisal.

3. People who volunteer to put themselves in harm's way to defend our country and way of life.

4. Our forefathers, who crafted a document that has served as a template for our government for many years, and is still relevant today, It was
also designed to be adaptable, with due process.

5. My parents, who came to this country at 30 years old, with nothing, dragging 2 kids, a third on the way, not knowing the language, instilling into their five kids a work ethic enabling us to succeed.

I can't imagine doing the same at 30 Years old. They are now gone but their legacy lives on in us and our kids.

I remember my Dad saying " This is the best country in the world". They had first hand experience at seeing the opposite.

Back when they were alive, Thanksgiving dinner consisted of at least 25 people, ourselves, aunts and uncles. cousins. My Mom would do all the cooking from scratch with help from her sisters.

They are almost all gone, but I am thankful for having them in my life.

Good thing this is not paper....it would be stained with tears.

Happy Thanksgiving to all...even Democrats!

George

Old 11-21-2016, 01:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours George.

No doubt, this is the greatest country on the planet.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah guys, I agree. This is definitely the greatest country on earth !

TJ & I are very thankful to have been born here. We are also very thankful to have been born into great families. Our parents provided for all our needs, to the best of their ability.

Also, our parents & grandparents stayed married til they were parted by death. Nowadays, not many folks can say that. Because of this, we were spared many of the problems & heartaches that broken homes can cause.

We do not take any of this for granted. Thanks be to God for this great country, our families, and every blessing we have received in this life !

Old 11-21-2016, 05:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well said, George.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 11-21-2016, 06:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Red Skelton Thanksgiving

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 11-21-2016, 07:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

amen, George!

Old 11-21-2016, 09:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I am thankful for all you wrote George. Great reminder.

I am thankful current events in the world caused a new sense of being informed in myself.

I am thankful we are in a country we are allowed to disagree in.

I am thankful that in spite of _____________ (fill in yerself), America is the Best.

I am thankful great grandparents and grandparents went through Ellis Island.

And personally:

I am thankful I am still able to be thankful.

I am thankful I had the gift of my sons, not a "loss" as some put.

I am thankful I survived myself.

I am thankful I lost that other guy I was.

I am thankful for a few friends, not a bunch of social contacts.

I am thankful for this refuge from the storm that sometimes is out there, PY!

I am thankful I had disease, as I value life now.

I am thankful I was foolish to then know wise and aspire to.

Really thankful for my old Poncho.

and I am thankful for everyone of YOU.

Old 11-21-2016, 11:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A very moving post, Anthony.
I hope your Thanksgiving is a good one.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:35 AM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by george kujanski View Post
They are almost all gone, but I am thankful for having them in my life.

Good thing this is not paper....it would be stained with tears.

Happy Thanksgiving to all...even Democrats!

George
Not all great artists put paint on canvas, George; some raise children. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

~Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Old 11-22-2016, 10:41 AM
Senior Chief

I'm thankful for grandparents that left their homeland to come to this great country. Being immigrants the only work available was hard, dirty and low paying but they persevered. I'm thankful for my parents who improved on life although their factory jobs were no walk in the park but they made sure their children were going to have it better than them. Lastly I'm thankful for a great wife and son.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank You George. All of those are from the heart. Thank you Anthony and all of you for being great guys for whom I am thankful for knowing.

I too am thankful that my two parents, both of whom were orphans, found each other somehow and made a simple life for us full of love and fun.

I am thankful that we grew up "poor", but didn't know it because we were taken care of and loved. It taught us to not want.

Every old, faded photo of my family is a party, and us kids carry that on, and will have a big Thanksgiving, and I am thankful that this is important to us.

I'm thankful we can speak our mind in my family and still love each other.

I am thankful for my business partners who for 26 years have been able to put personal issues aside and build a successful business that our families rely on.

I am thankful my 2 children are happy.

And mostly, I'm thankful for my Wife Julie who is the strongest and most loving, hardworking person I have ever met. Her loyalty and selflessness as a Mother and a Wife makes me ashamed of myself sometimes. She is going through some serious heath issues right now and is facing it with grace and courage.

Amen brothers.

Work
'67 GTO Convertible "Koerner Built 413 500 hp with a Victor!.. I'll run a stock intake."
'75 Formula 400 - Daily Driver -
Running with my Home Built 455 and TH400

Details here:
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=588372
Old 11-22-2016, 04:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Very well said by everybody. It is a good thing to reflect on our past and where we have been, and to give thanks for so many blessings. My wife and I still go to three family reunions each year, two on her side of the family and one on my side. When I tell most folks about having family reunions they look at me like I must be from another planet. Sad to say most young people today are not connected to their past and their world view is very skewed as a result.

69 Bird w/1970 400 block(409 cubes), #64 heads, hyd. roller, Q-jet by Jeff E., original interior, ps, pdb, th350, and 3.73 gears. Pump gas, street driven muscle. 3800 lbs. race weight. Best, 11.39 @118, my son's car.

79 T/A w/463, Scat crank, Eagle rods, Icon pistons, Lunati solid roller, 262/270, KRE 325 heads, Northwind intake, QF950 carb, full interior, ps, pdb, th350, and 3.73 gears. Pump gas, 3650 lbs. race weight. 10.68 @ 126 so far... no tuning yet.
Old 11-22-2016, 04:48 PM
Senior Chief

I am thankful that for the first time in probably 20 years, my father and I will be sharing Thanksgiving dinner. We spent too many years not talking because of some past issues. I hadn't seen him in something like 15 years. When I finally went and visited him last month, I was shocked at how much he aged. It scared me. I fear that I won't have enough time to make up for all those lost years. Like a good friend of mine always says, Y.O.L.O. - You only live once. I sure as hell tell myself that everyday.

Old 11-22-2016, 05:06 PM

I'm recently retired from the Army. This will be the first time in 22 years that I'm not beholden to Big Green on whether I spend my Thanksgiving with my family or not. Then I realize and I am thankful that the Army allowed me to spend many Thanksgivings with the finest men and women in the world, my Brothers and Sisters In Uniform. From my first Thanksgiving in basic training at Fort McClellan, to the next one on a small rock in the middle of the ocean, to last years that was spent in Kuwait. I have enjoyed each and everyone. I'm thankful for those moments and thankful for the men and women who have served, are serving, and will serve in the future. God Bless.

Old 11-22-2016, 05:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dillon View Post
Not all great artists put paint on canvas, George; some raise children. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
Thanks Bob, always words of wisdom from you.

george