Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 12-21-2018, 01:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a saved sheet dated May 14, 2011, peak HP 924.5 at 7700 and 7800, peak torque 716.7 @ 6100.

Anyone have anything else?

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 12-21-2018, 07:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Larry’s been running that for years. Trying to recall, but he’s right around 3000 pounds if I recall. Haven’t scaled the car for quite a while.

63 Lemans Race Car- 8.81 @ 151, 5.60 @ 123(SOLD)

67 Bonneville ragtop

74 Firebird - 455, e heads, TK0600 in process
Old 12-21-2018, 09:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
Are you drinking with AQ?
Hell no, I can’t drink till 3-4 am in the morning every day.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 12-21-2018, 10:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
My opinion... the cv1head was ****ed since Gach got his claws in it from its conception...then Charlie sikes ****ed it even more... from that point on, it hasn't been considered anything but a street head... that head has yet to get a fair shake with a racer that doent really have a tight budget...
I considered making a run at it but decided on other interests...not that I have an open checkbook but i could have funded the project... not only is an open budget racer needed but one with the ability or knowledge to tune the car and engine... put that combo together and I will bet 5k on the cast head over a billet top end any day of the week...

You would lose that money!

7.940@170.84. 3460#s

Last edited by LiL Jack; 12-21-2018 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
Don't know yet nitrous combo was only out once car went 9.99 @ 141 on the motor nitrous converter on 87 pump gas Had a electric problem so no bottle yet all fixed now . Car should go 8.50 or better still street legal 3280lbs
Easily!

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 12-21-2018, 10:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Langer View Post
Good luck with the continuing sales of your proven race product.
DIDTHATJUSTHAPPEN

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 12-21-2018, 10:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson Port Development View Post
... well, if every time the heads replaced heads on a car and went faster is "No History" to you then i'm not sure what kind of answer you're looking for sir ...

... and billet heads has nothing to do with a cast cylinder head ...
Ken Keefer went faster with E heads.

And that BS Brian went faster on CV1s is BS!

He turned the boost up to get it to run the number.

It will be interesting how he does this year.
The Procharger bar is set pretty high with Billy going 6s at #3650

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 12-21-2018, 11:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

On a side note, did boom boom get in the 4's yet this year as proclaimed? Did anyone take his bet? I'm not saying he can't, just the weather might not cooperate till January 1.

Old 12-21-2018, 01:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post

You mean it wasn't with "less boost"?
Quote:

True... it'll take a damn good cast head to top that... maybe something like an Edelbrock

Old 12-21-2018, 02:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
... Fulton ran 7.80-7.90's at Norwalk with the EHeads ...
What happened to him this year?

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 12-21-2018, 04:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty4cyl View Post
CV-1 head and intake. The bottom intake I started with and Roland said I needed to use his intake,which is the top one, so I did. Still ran the same. So there you have it Sir. It is all For Sale
We might be able to pair up our singles to make an easier sale to a V8 guy...

Old 12-21-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
What about N/A CV1 what's the best et.. E-heads when 7. something. N/A and 6 something boosted … And that is a really big mountain to climb...
I ran 8.08 @ 165 N/A, with a pretty mild bracket combo. Granted, race weight was around 2400 lbs, but still...
Here's the video. https://youtu.be/GxD_DYIuVCQ

'61 Tempest wagon 2Dr, '05 GTO LS2 powered, 12.39 @ 109 mph at Drag week 2015 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsVRzMXERtA

'64 Grand Prix, Pump gas, 529ci., CV-1 Heads, Holley Dominator EFI. - Single turbo in progress..

'70 Trans Am, Ram Air III 400 - 4 speed.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Ken Keefer went faster with E heads.

And that BS Brian went faster on CV1s is BS!

It will be interesting how he does this year.
... that is not true and you know it ... and keefer went from 10.5's to 10.0's when he switched over to the as cast CV-1's, with the hyd. roller cam, then later he sent those EHeads to SD and gained 40cfm, but miraculously picked up .7 tenths ?? Yeah, that's when he installed the solid roller camshaft too, but nobody wants to discuss that ...

... so you seriously expect people to believe BH picked up close to 200hp on the dyno and over 80ft.lbs and ran the same ET at the track ?? Man you are well dumber than even i thought ... nice try Jack, stay off the loser zone it's clearly rotting your brain ... here's a refresher for your bias ass ...

Ultimate Warrior

Talking Dyno results...477 cid Pontiac w/ ATI F-2
Dyno results

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I went to BES last Wed. and dyno'd my motor. The motor is a 477cid, IA2 block, 9:1 compression, e-heads. Here are the results:

NA

614 HP @ 6300rpm
590 TQ @ 4700rpm

Procharger F-2

1100 HP @ 6400rpm
895 TQ @ 6400rpm

The motor still has alot left. These numbers were with 20 degrees of timing. I didn't want to put anymore timing in it because the motor kept going lean. The motor was making 22-23 pounds of boost @ 6400rpm and I didn't want to push it any further. I think the lean condition was a combination of fuel supply and carb issues. I told CSU that I was only going to make 15 pounds of boost and it made 10#s before it even hit the redline. The redline is 7600rpm and I used c16 gas. The CSU carb is kick ass, those guys really know what they are doing. I'm going to put a bigger pulley on the blower to lower the boost, so that I can put somemore timing in the motor. I'm figuring I should probably see another 200+ HP gain when I put the bigger pulley on and give it more timing.

I'd like to give a special thanks to the following people: Tony Bischoff and his crew at BES for an awesome motor, Kevin from CSU for a kick ass carb, Mark & Wade from BOP Engineering for bracketry for the F-2, Bruce Maichle for his insight and connecting me to the right people, and everyone who has helped me make this project a reality.

Sorry for the short post, but I'm at work and can't post all the details right now.}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{bad69bird's Avatar
Ultimate Warrior

Default I took my motor to the dyno yesterday with the CV-1's and...
IT PERFORMED FLAWLESSLY!!! We made over 25 hits on the dyno and had ZERO issues with the heads and valvetrain! It should be noted that these heads were out of the box and had no port work done to the intake or exhaust.

I first would like to thank several companies and people for their support and great products! Luhn Performance Inc., Roland Racing, P-dude, Rhodes Custom Auto, New Era Racecraft, BES, ML, Tom Vaught, Mike Cerminaro, and Jeff Kinsler.

So here's the story...

Mike C. and I drove out to New Era Michigan, which was a 13 hour trip. We drove through Thursday night and arrived at New Era Racecraft on Friday morning. Steve and Kyle took over from there and began making all of the necessary brackets and pieces so that a pontiac could be fitted to their dyno (If you are in need of a dyno and you are in near them or even if you are not GO THERE. Super, super nice guys and very knowledgable.). If you have a forced induction motor, it's the only place to dyno your motor. The information that they have access to on their dyno is second to none! Once the motor was mounted, we did the break-in and heat cycle on the motor. We finished that up around lunch time and everyone went and got some food while Mike and I changed the oil, checked the valvetrain, and re-torqued the heads. Once everything looked good, we began to do our pulls.

The first few pulls were done in short sweeps to check everything out (AFR's blower brackets, belts, oil pressure, boost etc.). Steve did not print out every pull, just my best one, so I don't have all of the numbers. Once we had a good baseline and changed a few things to Mike's carb (dual needle seat) to fit my motor (I brought my carb, but Steve said it was probably a waste of time to try! LOL) we started doing full pulls. We tried ALOT new things and of course the typical jet and timing changes. So here's the numbers:

HP: 1273.8 @ 7200rpm
TQ: 975.9 @ 6800rpm

Steve and Tom V. got that carb so consistant that the AFR's only varied .5 thru the entire pull. They started out at 11.9 and finished out at 12.3 (it hit 12.4 once, then went back down to 12.3). Peak boost was 23.5lbs, BSFC average was .53, and the average AFR was 12.0. We were going to try another jet change and let the blower cool down after that this pull, but we just ran out of time (last dyno pull was at 8pm). The blower was very hot (you couldn't even touch it) because we were running the crap out of the motor, so it had a major case of heat sink. We believe that between the jet change, letting the blower cool down completely (enough to simulate what the temp would have been between rounds), and something else, the dyno would have seen numbers in the 1300hp-1350hp range. But shoulda, woulda, coulda...I'll just have to show it can run that number at the track!

We wanted to see what the coated pistons looked like after the runs, so we tore the top end down on the one side and the pistons looked perfect! It is definately a worth while investment to get your pistons coated! Upon further inspection of the valvetrain everything performed like it was supposed to. I have to admit that I was concerned about having a pushrod that was almost 10" long in there, but there was no issues.

The newly modified brackets from Luhn Performance Inc. were incredible! I put a brand new blower belt on at the beginning of the day and when I looked at it throughout the day and at the end, it looked just like it did when it was new in the box! The brackets had next to zero, if not zero flex! My old brackets had alot of flex and would chew up the belts all the time. The new adjustment tensioner was awesome, very easy to use and you can adjust the belt tension with one hand! Thanks again LPI!

Once the motor was loaded onto my truck, Mike and I started the 13 hour trek back home! What a freakin' crazy three days it has been...but well worth it! Mike and I were up for 54 hours straight and I had to get some rest before I posted.

I have a couple of videos of the dyno pulls that I will try and get posted up within the next day or so.}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...=458399&page=2

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...=605228&page=4

... and here is the best EHead pass video (8.64 @ 159.2) ... https://youtu.be/VGS-AfW4uk0

... and here is the CV-1 run first pass right off the trailor !!! (8.48 @ 164.8) https://youtu.be/hFY07UHCsec

Last edited by Anderson Port Development; 12-21-2018 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin Poe View Post
I ran 8.08 @ 165 N/A, with a pretty mild bracket combo. Granted, race weight was around 2400 lbs, but still...
... where did you shift that engine Kelvin ?? ...

Old 12-21-2018, 05:56 PM
Senior Chief

63 Banshee, let me know what your thinking about the heads. Maybe we can both be happy. Thanks Rusty

Blown 4cyl's to the front
Old 12-21-2018, 07:11 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Langer View Post
Good luck with the continuing sales of your proven race product.
shirley youre not talking to me...
almost half of my 3rd casting run is sold. i was going to wait to do another, but Bragncar wanted me to do another asap, so i did it for him

Old 12-21-2018, 07:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

rusty,
sorry you had a bad experience. normally i dont post when these are aired, but i took exception to your calling my product a 'boat anchor'

to recap-
when you first got your cv-1, you had an issue first time out cuz you didnt read the instructions. you sent the head back to me and i had it repaired for you at my cost. i made nothing on it, just trying to help.

had conversations w/ you about about your program after that- seems you broke a crankshaft?

the Hogan manifold design was horrible the way the end runners met the heads at a severe angle... so i decided to fab another for you. the 1 pic'ed i sold you at my cost- $850. didnt make anything on it... jusy trying to help you out.

as I remember, you put that new manifold on, then went out and ran within a tenth of your best ever previous wide port E time that first run. but times degraded afterwards same event.
leakdown test showed there was issues w/ comp loss.. seems you told me sent them to Slawko. teardown showed the exh valveseats had moved cuz they were cut too thin- thus yielding the phrase 'wedding ring' valveseats.
then you sent head to calvin. apparently you werent happy about something- so shipped your head to bill. werent happy about something there either, so decided to sell everything...

am i remembering something incorrectly?? bottom line... as always is this.... i do my best to help my customers, and ...sigh

Last edited by 7T2; 12-21-2018 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:11 PM

Quote:
... where did you shift that engine Kelvin ?? ...
Bill, iirc I shifted at 74-7500.

'61 Tempest wagon 2Dr, '05 GTO LS2 powered, 12.39 @ 109 mph at Drag week 2015 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsVRzMXERtA

'64 Grand Prix, Pump gas, 529ci., CV-1 Heads, Holley Dominator EFI. - Single turbo in progress..

'70 Trans Am, Ram Air III 400 - 4 speed.
Old 12-22-2018, 12:06 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin Poe View Post
Yes I watch you and met you at Norwalk 2015 awesome car..

Old 12-22-2018, 10:34 AM
Senior Chief

Mr Jim, First I never said you didn't try to help me, if I did show me were I did. Second, the CV-1 head never ran within 1 tenth of the Edelbrock head.After running the head, I said it didn't run as good, so it was recommended to have it ported and bigger valve's put in because it was on a blower motor. I sent the head to Calvin so he could port the head and put bigger valves in it. After running head ported, I took head off and seen it needed exhaust valve work, so I took it to Slawko to have valve job done. I then sent head to Bill to have raceplate exhaust put on. He said the way Calvin ported the head, he would have to do a lot of welding to head to install raceplate, and that I should buy another CV-1 head instead. So I decided not to buy another head. Put head back on, and through talking to you, you told me Calvin cut the valve seat's to thin, and that another guy had his seat's fall out, so I decided to go back to the Edelbrock head. As far as the intake goes, you said the intake was a Blem and you couldn't sell it that way, so you gave me a good price on it, so you could sell it. So I guess it was better to break even on the intake instead of having it sit on shelf and collect dust. I sent the head back to Calvin and he fixed the seat's and I payed him what he wanted, so Calvin and I are good, no problem. Maybe this will clear some thing's up, maybe not. You said you took offense to me calling your product a : boot anchor : but I guess you are OK with Bill calling everybody names when they don't agree with him, or have negative thing's to say. Is this the Pot calling the kettle black by any chance. OK I have said enough on this, time to move on. Merry Christmas Jim. Thanks Rusty

Blown 4cyl's to the front