Old 03-04-2019, 05:27 PM

Wow, $129k. That seems like a big number to me.

Old 03-10-2019, 09:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_collector View Post
very true. I have done it and helped reunite some myself and am in the process of trying to do a couple more right now.
when you are talking about cars that they made a couple of hundred of, the odds of the engine being for a particular car are one in less than a couple of hundred because some still have their engines. and it seems the rare Pontiac engines, especially roundport ones had a very good survival rate even when separated from the car it came out of.
My 70 RAIV GTO was M21/4.33 equipped. Bought with non original motor, but ended up tracking it down. It had spun a bearing and was yanked for a junkyard 400. Car was sold and owner #3 kept the RAIV engine.

Anyway, some guy found a 70 RAIV Judge, M21, 3.90, missing the original engine. He ended up buying the RAIV motor from owner #3. Really nice guy, but he wouldn't sell or trade me the engine. I gave up. I sold my car years ago.

Old 03-10-2019, 09:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Judge View Post
I have had two 1970 RAIV Trans Ams over the years. Both built in July and both had original blocks. One had a L or December block and one had an E or May block. There are norms for block dates vs. cowl tag build dates but as we all know, there are several deviations especially on these low production high performance Pontiacs. There are some crazy date anomolies in 1971 with the strike. You just cannot say Always or Never!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My old 70 RAIV GTO was 11B built. Block dated K059 - November 5, 1969. Seems a little tight for an 11B car, but it was a Pontiac built car.