Old 03-17-2019, 08:42 AM
Suspended

Default Big car rear steer boxes, this one is fantastic!

I recently bought a new Lee 14:1 steering box with a 30 pound valve for my off topic Chevy. I was thinking how wonderful this box would of worked on my old 64 Pontiac Bonneville that I did all kinds of suspension work to..

The Lee box is well known for its precision and used in NASCAR. They completely take everything apart and blueprint it. I had there 12:1 in my 64 but it was over assisted and the 12:1 ratio was a little too sensitive on the highway for my liking..

This box has all the good features of both manual and power in one unit. It has a positive feel going down the road, not the over assisted feel we are so used to. With the sensitive rear steer linkage the over assisted feel is magnified. This box snaps back to center like a manual without all kinds of positive caster so you can keep the stock control arms and run maybe 1.5 to 2 degrees of positive caster and have a nice snap back.

Now I'm thinking of getting that 65/66 Catalina I always wanted. Oh how I love those 8 lugs.. Hmmm lol

Moderator, could you please keep this in the 62-66 section? This is directed at the big car people who's cars have rear steering linkage, thank you..

Last edited by 389; 03-17-2019 at 08:50 AM. Reason: ;
Old 03-17-2019, 10:08 AM
Senior Chief

Do they offer a manual box?

Old 03-17-2019, 10:20 AM
Suspended

I am not sure, here is there web site.. https://leepowersteering.com/

I am not affiliated with this company in any way except for being a grateful customer..