Old 06-05-2019, 02:12 AM
Senior Chief

Default Shifter mounting bracket for ‘67 GTO Muncie 4 speed

Folks - have an issue. I have mounting plate #1957773 installed. Problem is, I do not have a hole in said shifter mounting plate to insert the reverse linkage. It’s like the bracket is wrong for the application. The linkage looks correct for a 67 4 speed, and was told it was correct, and would match up with the shifter. So, as such I can’t shift into reverse obviously. I bought the Muncie separately. Is there another mounting plate part number for ‘67? I have another 67 4 speed, and I got under and took a look and it has another hole in the mounting plate. But I would have to take the shifter out to see the part number. The car Did not come from the factory with a console could that matter? The linkage looks the same as my other GTO. Any ideas here? Restoration Guide offers no help, can’t find anything on internet either.

Thx,
Rob in NorCal

Old 06-05-2019, 03:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Is this the plate you're talking about?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/67-68-Ponti...-/272926099851

Old 06-05-2019, 05:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

https://www.shifterdoc.com/productca...889-54p373.htm