Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 01-13-2020, 09:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
You're one of the lucky ones Frankie. When Keisler went out of business I had not yet received any of my order, only emails with excuses as to why things were delayed, the whole time knowing they were filing bankruptcy, and took my money anyway. I'm part of the class action lawsuit along with 100's of others that didn't receive their products and even after all these years it's still ongoing. Don't know if I'll ever see anything. They even owe SST a bunch of money to this day. I was talking with the owner of SST last year about that deal. It's a real mess, and was told at the time the current group that is working on the Legend trans hasn't paid their rent for the building they are in for months and were looking at eviction. SST tried to buy out a lot of stuff from Keisler as well as the current Legend deal, but most of it fell through. So even after all that I had hoped Legend would come around again but when I was told to put a deposit just to get on a waiting list, there was no way I was getting roped into that deal, after knowing what I knew already.
Lots of money owed to various people. Not a good deal all around and way too many details to lay out here. A lot of crooked things going on down there in Tennessee.

In a nut shell, I'd suggest people to look elsewhere and not wait on the Legend stuff.
I totally agree...When I bought it I purchased it on my AmEx just in case. I kept in contact with Jeff every few days when the ship date was established. Last I spoke to SST, Jeff whom worked for Shafty still worked there. Then I figured if I had problems with the trans I could get internal parts from Legend. But now that Legend seems to be in trouble I guess I'm on my own. I have about 60K on the trans now I probably should be somewhat nice to it. Last I was on the Legend website they had some whack rearend they were trying to push. Maybe they should have concentrated on their transmissions more. As far as there trans housing it is very stout compared to the TKO's. Poor marketing...I had one problem with the tranny, the Shafty shifter mechanism started to bind. I clearenced a pin and lubed it up and has been fine since. What all I have read and info from Silver, I think the issues with Shafty started with Legend not delivering to Keisler timely enough for the orders Shafty was receiving. I wouldn't swear to that though. I received class action suit paperwork as well but since I received my trans and really had no beef I ignored it.

1978 Black & Gold T/A [complete 70 Ram Air III (carb to pan) PQ and 12 bolt], fully loaded, deluxe, WS6, T-Top car - 1972 Formula 455HO Ram Air numbers matching Julep Green - 1971 T/A 455, 320 CFM Eheads, RP cam, Doug's headers, Fuel injection, TKX 5 Spd. 12 Bolt 3.73, 4 wheel disc. All A/C cars
Old 01-13-2020, 11:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I would have really liked to have had one. To me the Legend has the perfect gear ratio set, with enough overdrive, in a smaller package, and more strength. It could have been the ultimate 5 speed. Disappointing that someone couldn't get behind it and manufacture and market it properly.

Old 01-13-2020, 10:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm very happy with my Legend...but...if there IS ever a problem.....

Old 01-14-2020, 03:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It was my fault. I had worked my way down to 13th on the waiting list for Legend after two years and apparently that was a jinxed number and it took them out.

Old 01-14-2020, 10:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I knew it!! LOL

Old 01-15-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtospieg View Post
I'm very happy with my Legend...but...if there IS ever a problem.....
Over the summer, I had an issue with the shift rod coupler in my Legend. Thru my dealer, I got a call from a tech at Legend (on a Saturday afternoon) and he walked me thru the fix. I couldn't be happier with the trans and the tech support I received.
I was told Legend is kept very busy with building gears for Harley Davidson transmissions, and the owner of Legend is looking for funding to expand the 5 speed transmission side of the company.

Old 01-15-2020, 04:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's GTO View Post
I was told Legend is kept very busy with building gears for Harley Davidson transmissions, and the owner of Legend is looking for funding to expand the 5 speed transmission side of the company.
Well that's interesting considering the owner of SST invested money with that deal and was telling me he's still owed a bunch of money from them, not to mention they weren't paying their rent for the building they're in.

I wonder who's telling the truth.