THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 03-30-2020, 01:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrffytr1 View Post
You do know that Windows 10 can be set up to look like 7 with the icons instead of the apps?
It can? Now it makes sense - my laptop runs 10 and is “normal.” Bought my kids one, and can’t figure out how to use the thing.

How do I do it?

Old 03-30-2020, 11:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Windows 10 updates can take a long time to download. They often require rebooting the computer. The updates are fairly frequent. I like Win10 fine but took a while to adjust. I use Edge without issue but miss some of the features in IE.

I agree the "forced" updates are "intrusive" and "controlling" but they also fix stuff that otherwise would not have been fixed. New releases of software as complex as an OS and all the baggage cannot be expected bug-free so having the ability to fix and keep up with the applications is a good thing IMO.

Old 03-30-2020, 11:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris65LeMans View Post
It can? Now it makes sense - my laptop runs 10 and is “normal.” Bought my kids one, and can’t figure out how to use the thing.

How do I do it?
Read this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...5-53ba5012b9b7

Windows 10 has an "Action" window that pops up on the right side of the screen. Press the windows key (the window pane logo) on your keyboard and the "A" key at the same time. When the action window pops up there will be a control on the bottom left of the action window that says "Tablet Mode". Click that to toggle between tile mode and desktop with icons.

Click anywhere on the desktop to close the Action Window. If you can see a tray along the bottom of your screen, you should also have a button that looks like a square with a point on the bottom - like a cartoon text symbol. This will also open the Action Window.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shiny For This Useful Post: