Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 11-03-2020, 09:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
So, you're saying that he can stuff a 255/45/18 under the front end of a '64

Regardless, I showed 64speeds own post where he stated that he bought 235/45/18's, not 255/45/18's.

I just get tired of all the BS that speed spreads and his asking time after time the same question. He's been asking about steering boxes for close to 5 years now - paralysis by over analysis as I posted earlier.

Jeep GC boxes, Monte Carlo boxes, rebuilt boxes, Lee boxes, Delphi boxes, Lares boxes. It never ends.

Huh. All this time I've spent here thinking it was a public forum and that 64speed was spending his own money, not yours. He makes his own decisions and deals with the consequences. He may need a friendly reminder now and then due to his disability but I don't find it frustrating at all.

I've worked as a consultant in my past life and been paid to make recommendations based on engineering principles. At times, my recommendations were totally disregarded and it didn't bother me one bit. I've always said Principles define the paths, but Principals choose the one they prefer. Not my company, not my car and not my money, it's all the same.

Get over it and don't try to put words in my mouth. I can do that myself.

Old 11-03-2020, 11:13 AM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
Tom, when I put disc brakes on the front, my problem was the bottom of the front wheel opening on the front fender with a 235/60/15 with 4.25" BS on a 7" wide rim. I would have needed 5" BS on an 8" rim to clear that same tire with disc brakes.

That's why I ordered 4.625" BS on my 7" wide rims for my current 215/55/17's that are 26.3" tall on the front. That would equate to 5.125" BS on an 8" rim.

No way he gets a 255/45/18 on the front of a '64 with a 27" tall tire that's .75" wider.
Thanks Champ.

I personally see, as I posted earlier, "a lot of WANDERING" in 64Speeds threads. Pictures of his parts inventory, comments about saving $50 with Chinese knockoffs vs the real deal parts, When it comes to Brakes and Steering I buy the best I can because I would never want to have a cheap part fail when a family member was in the vehicle.

I know he has disabilities. That is one reason why I have been overly patient with his multiple posts on the same part/subject, lack of interest in finding quality parts that would work on the vehicle (searching HIMSELF) vs asking 20 people for their opinions and then later bad-mouthing the vendors who tried to help him, after he made a bad decision.

I have received parts from his that I purchased that were just thrown into a box with one tiny piece of bubble wrap that arrived with the pieces broken. So I personally do not deal with him any longer. TRUTH

So NC, there are two sides to every story.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 11-03-2020, 06:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The only thing on my car that are Chinese knock offs are the front control arms which Summit now sells. I have all top grade **** everywhere else. Tom it was you that told me my rearend was overkill! Also the most expensive item I have ever sold you was my front control arms. I did just dump them in a box. How do you damage those damn things? They weigh a ton, the bushings were **** as were the ball joints? I am sorry that they didn’t each get a Tiffany box. I have skimped on very few things and nothing of safety. Like I said it just sounds like some people like to drink Hatorade. As far as asking questions others have asked. Everybody on this goddamn forum does that. Cam posts???? A million. Head posts, check. I do my research just like the steering box. I did research ad nauseum. I then wanted real world experience because I got too much info. I do my damn research. Then I look to others with real world experience to tell me if it lives up to the hype. Oh by the way Neighbors Complaint has the same control arms as me and he isn’t driven off a cliff yet. I went to the tire shop while the car was together and said put the biggest tires on this car that will fit on all four corners cause I do not like staggered wheels. This is what Blacks put on there, they have never screwed me before.

Old 11-03-2020, 07:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64speed View Post
...I went to the tire shop while the car was together and said put the biggest tires on this car that will fit on all four corners cause I do not like staggered wheels. This is what Blacks put on there...
really? hey you racist half wit, you are not in the clubhouse.

Old 11-03-2020, 07:30 PM
Senior Chief

Wow! Wtf. This is what Blacks put on theirs? So what do ya mean by that? Thankfully your not a cop any more. That comment had no place in here!

Old 11-03-2020, 07:31 PM
Boost Engineer

I believe the name of the shop he is dealing with is called "Blacks" shop, Scarebird.

I did not assume that he was saying that there were Black employees,
doing the work.

Tom V.

64speed You did the same sh*tty packing with the gas doors I purchased and yes they were damaged with your piss port shipping.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 11-03-2020, 07:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes it’s Blacks Tire here in town. Christ on a crutch. Talk about TBI. Admin please close this

Old 11-03-2020, 07:40 PM
Senior Chief

Christ on a crutch. What a joke you are

Old 11-03-2020, 07:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You know all malice aside what is it? Is it that I like research? Is it that I’m thorough? I know I have repeated questions before and I have REPEATEDLY apologized. I like input. I like cars and I like people to like my car. I don’t want a cookie cutter car and believe me the car will be personalized to me but at the same time I don’t want people coming up and looking at a car show and saying WTF when they walk off. Everyone has an opinion, Wilwood vs Dynalite, Moser VS Strange etc. I have spent a LOT of money and I don’t want to buy a name because of the best advertising, I genuinely care about return on dollar, if I ask about brake pads and someone says hell no I slid thru a stop sign, that’s information I wanna know. I’m not trying to bother or aggravate. I am trying now to decide what color to paint the car since the blue interior is out but I am overwhelmed honestly by my options. Dare I ask for pictures???? I don’t know if I should. This is all supposed to be fun. Y’all can say what you want but when my cars done you might not like it’s appearance but you won’t be able to say I cheaped out!

Old 11-03-2020, 08:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I know I have repeated questions before and I have REPEATEDLY apologized.
First, apologizing for something is pointless if you're going to do the exact same thing
later. Second, apologies aren't sincere when you're copping an attitude.

You like to research things, so why are you listening to some employee at a generic tire
franchise? I honestly can't even begin to imagine how frustrated you'd be if the fender
contacted the tire. Just because something "works" in a driveway, doesn't mean it works
out on the road.

Old 11-03-2020, 09:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 242177P View Post
First, apologizing for something is pointless if you're going to do the exact same thing
later. Second, apologies aren't sincere when you're copping an attitude.

You like to research things, so why are you listening to some employee at a generic tire
franchise? I honestly can't even begin to imagine how frustrated you'd be if the fender
contacted the tire. Just because something "works" in a driveway, doesn't mean it works
out on the road.
They measured with their little tire device. I trust them. By the time the cars on the road they will be out of date anyway and all I really needed was rollers because when I bought it one of the wheels was bent, the tires were dry rotted and it’s not that big of a deal. I get mad because I get tired of constantly being told I am cutting corners. Wilwood is not cutting corners, Moser is not cutting corners, Borgeson is not cutting corners. I have NEVER personally attacked anyone in any of these posts or even called out anyone in the clubhouse. The level of vitriol that sometime gets spewed, and not just on my posts, is insane. Someone commented on my TBI. It makes me forgetful, not stupid.

Old 11-04-2020, 12:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Yes it’s Blacks Tire here in town. Christ on a crutch. Talk about TBI. Admin please close this
You could have phrased that sentence a hell of a lot better!

I apologize for calling you a racist half wit.

Old 11-04-2020, 12:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebird View Post
You could have phrased that sentence a hell of a lot better!

I apologize for calling you a racist half wit.
Thank you for having the fortitude to apologize. Blacks Tire is not a chain it’s a mom and pop owned by a deaf man. I have never been screwed by them. He did tell me that I may have scrubbing at full lock but I can live with that for a 255. I just can’t wait till it’s done and I can post pictures. I understand people get frustrated with me apparently but I don’t appreciate the personal attacks. Redundant questions ok I get it but you guys forget there is a LOT of information on here and when I use the search function to find an answer not only do I have to weed thru my own **** but everyone else’s. It’s hard for me to do that. Right now I am searching they the mountain of oil filter posts to see if the Baldwin B9 or the Baldwin B39 is the taller filter. God forbid I ask again Haha

Old 11-04-2020, 01:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

B9 is longer

Old 11-04-2020, 02:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Blacks Tire is not a chain it’s a mom and pop owned by a deaf man.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Black's Tire and Auto Service.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	553023  

Old 11-04-2020, 02:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The Blacks tire I use is not a ****ing chain! The mans last name is Black. Do you always have to be a know it all!!!! If you notice there is not one near the golden corner (GA border) of SC. If you’re gonna be a prick at least find out where I live! Way to show your ignorance. I live in a town of less than 1000 people. The only chain anything we have is Burger King, Subway, and Hardee’s!

Last edited by 64speed; 11-04-2020 at 02:53 AM.
Old 11-04-2020, 03:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
The Blacks tire I use is not a ****ing chain!
That's a completely different statement, you never used qualifiers earlier. Blanket statement wrong.
And accusing someone of being *ignorant* while you're, umm, unaware of the chain?

Old 11-04-2020, 03:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 242177P View Post
That's a completely different statement, you never used qualifiers earlier. Blanket statement wrong.
And accusing someone of being *ignorant* while you're, umm, unaware of the chain?
You just can’t admit being wrong can you. I said I never do personal attacks but the level of pettiness that it takes to do an internet search to find out that there is a chain called Black’s tire just shows that you’re a prick with too much time on your hands.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

As I said admin please close this thread. I bought the Borgeson and this is just juvenile.

Old 11-04-2020, 10:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
You know all malice aside what is it? Is it that I like research? Is it that I’m thorough? I know I have repeated questions before and I have REPEATEDLY apologized. I like input. I like cars and I like people to like my car. I don’t want a cookie cutter car and believe me the car will be personalized to me but at the same time I don’t want people coming up and looking at a car show and saying WTF when they walk off. Everyone has an opinion, Wilwood vs Dynalite, Moser VS Strange etc. I have spent a LOT of money and I don’t want to buy a name because of the best advertising, I genuinely care about return on dollar, if I ask about brake pads and someone says hell no I slid thru a stop sign, that’s information I wanna know. I’m not trying to bother or aggravate. I am trying now to decide what color to paint the car since the blue interior is out but I am overwhelmed honestly by my options. Dare I ask for pictures???? I don’t know if I should. This is all supposed to be fun. Y’all can say what you want but when my cars done you might not like it’s appearance but you won’t be able to say I cheaped out!
I got bounced from a different car site for 3 posts that were similar to each other. The old panel beaters in there got tired of me quick. I thought "man, 64speed wouldn't last 30 seconds in there".....

White '67 LeMans 407/TH350/Ford 3.89... RIP
Red '67 LeMans. 407/TH400/Ford 3.25

Last edited by chiphead; 11-04-2020 at 10:39 AM.