Performance Parts For Sale/Wanted Just Performance, non-stock, trailers, tools and related accessories here.

Old 08-29-2022, 02:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default WTB 400 /455 short block

Thought i would try here first before waiting forever for a shop to get this done.

Prefer forged crank, rods, pistons...........if you have something available, let me know.

Rich

Old 08-29-2022, 08:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a 400 shortblock in a car that I bought. It started and idled around ok but I can't speak to its manners under power. Stock cast crank, Eagle rods, some sort of pistons....lots of unknowns that make it hard to sell. 1975 block...not the 557. Built by Don Johnson. Supposedly ran a high 10 in a Firebird, but I have no proof of that. No cam or timing cover.
Apologies for the sketchy detail. Let me know if you have any interest....

Eric

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

“The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”
Old 08-30-2022, 08:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Eric, i was hoping to find something already done........thinking that isnt gonna happen.

Still trying to find someone to do my 455...........seems everyone is too busy, gonna keep looking and hope for the best.

I just got my tkx 5 speed, figured i need to pull the motor anyways for the rear main leak, that way i could get the trans indexed alot easier with the motor out. Just hate to have everything sitting there for all i know a year or more.

Old 08-31-2022, 05:46 PM

Default 455 Short block

PM sent

Old 08-31-2022, 06:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There's a 455 for sale in this forum...

Old 09-01-2022, 06:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

How soon do you need it?

Old 09-01-2022, 08:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey thanks for the reply guys........i pm Ed back..........after some thought, im just gonna fix what i got now instead of all this messing around.

Rich

Old 09-02-2022, 11:55 PM

I have a 400 I am building that I can take the heads off. 020/020 rods and mains Resized rods with ARP bolts ARP main studs