THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 11-02-2022, 08:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It'll be interesting to see if this becomes a thing now. So if you're within a certain distance of the leader, you can catapult around the last corner on the final lap and maybe win, or at least place better.

And if that becomes a thing, then if your the leader, you'd almost have to do the same just to make sure nobody does it to you.

Then what if more than one driver driver decides to do it at the same time?

Will probably make for some interesting crashes.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share
Old 11-02-2022, 08:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That will be a illegal move next year. Already talk the field should have been froze when he started riding the wall. It was a awesome move but I’m thinking it’s one and done.

Old 11-02-2022, 08:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandam1979 View Post
That will be a illegal move next year. Already talk the field should have been froze when he started riding the wall. It was a awesome move but I’m thinking it’s one and done.
Well that's gonna spoil all the fun.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share
Old 11-02-2022, 08:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I watched NASCAR racing since the late 60s, when they started trying to tell me what, and how I should think, is when I said that's enough. I quit watching at that point, and doubt I'll ever attend, or watch another race.

Tony Stewart is now racing in NHRA, he says there is no drama there, no controversy, much more fun for him.

That move wouldn't work at all the tracks, because not all the tracks have a wall without any deviation from a smooth curve. Some of the walls vary through the turn.

I'm sure that NASCAR will either modify the walls surface, or just flat out make a rule against what happened at Martinsville last week.

The track at Darlington was used somewhat the same way, hence the term "Darlington Stripe" used to denote the damage to the right side of the car from riding the wall during the race.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2022, 07:55 AM
Senior Chief

IF they want to stop it, make the wall like a cheese grater!

64 F-85
72 4-4-2 Mondello's VO Twister II
84 Hurst/Olds #2449
87 Cutlass Salon
54 Olds 88 sedan
Old 11-03-2022, 01:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandam1979 View Post
I’d say yes to this until they do research to find out how many new KIDS are now watching to see if it happens again. As soon as the figures come in that it’s brining in $$$$$ forget about it. It’s a no brainer they’ll go w the MONEY $$$

It’s a corporation now. . But maybe It’ll go all electric to increase its ESG score.

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
Old 11-03-2022, 02:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If they throw a yellow when he contacts the wall, the field is frozen nullifying any gains. Thing is last week they didn't throw a yellow, so it stood.

It used to be they went back to the previous lap, in short track racing that is how it still is. NASCAR embedded sensors in the tracks and score electronically, so they don't go back to the previous lap, they take a snapshot of where the cars are at the time they throw the flag now, then revert to that lineup for the restart.

They make up the rules as they need to, so with that freedom they will stop the rim riding, one way or the other.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 11-03-2022, 02:58 PM
Senior Chief

This stunt got people talking about NASCAR, thats for sure.

64 F-85
72 4-4-2 Mondello's VO Twister II
84 Hurst/Olds #2449
87 Cutlass Salon
54 Olds 88 sedan
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Anonymous For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2022, 03:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo69bird View Post
I’m all for black and other minority drivers etc always was I want to see people there for talent not color or gender or any of that crap, (what was that Richard Pryor movie). Shouldn’t have given that dude a hard time like they did but the woke **** nascar has pulled went too far . I wanna see fair merit based racing!!!
NASCAR is far from woke and has had "diversity" long before most sports did.

Wendell Scott was the first African American driver and team owner in the Cup Series. He won his first race in 1963. He's in the NASCAR Hall of Fame.

Sarah Christian was the first female driver to run in NASCAR - back in 1949...

Old 11-03-2022, 04:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I’m guessing this weeks race will be a ratings winner. I’m also thinking he gets taken out before the race is over and it will oddly enough be the 11 car, talk about ratings.