Originally Posted by twinturrbo406 View Post
… involved ??? In what way ?? …
I do not know.

Old 12-27-2022, 02:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
I do not know.
… of course you don’t but yet you make posts as if you do 🤣 …

Old 12-27-2022, 02:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
...How could I feel I am smarter than some man I have not met ? I am sure the man is not stupid. Why even ask
the question ?
,,,The cam is too big, so I said it. There are Wide Port pump gas 505s with over 850 HP around with cams that have 20 deg less duration.
,,, I do not know much about Pro Stock mountain motors. You know more about ports than I do OK.
Me talking about those KRE heads have nothing to do with you. I have never been impressed by their CNC stuff. That is what I was trying to say.
...Mikes results are real.
....std pushrod E heads are not a fair compassion to CV-1s. Non cookie cutter Wide Ports are.
...I have never tried to run a flow bench. But you are a human being and learned how to do it. Same applies for me.
… so you agree standard pushrod Eheads are no comparison to our CV-1’s ?? …
… just so you know 380cfm HP’s are are standard pushrod location head ����…
… and yet again, you think if I can do something then that means you can ������…
… if that’s cam is too big then why does it make the HP combo go the fastest it had ever run ?? …
… please by all means continue sir, this is great stuff !!! …

Last edited by twinturrbo406; 12-27-2022 at 03:13 AM.
Old 12-27-2022, 03:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Why , I have never dynoed a engine/car in my life nor have I ever said I have dynoed anything.
IMO they are kind of overrated and underrated at the same time.
If you have a engine/combo that you spent big money on and are pushing HP. Trying something different, want to carb dialed in from the start and/or want the info for the perfect torque converter, pay the 800+$ and go through a whole weekend or more of labor and for me, pay the 2,000 knock yourself out.
But for all the people who dyno a 350hp known combo wheezer you just paid 800$ to check for oil leaks.
I think its ridiculous. Make a run in stand, set the timing and check for leaks, install in car.
My 461, if the stars line up I might get it dynoed this spring but if I do not have the time I will put it in the car and go racing. Everything in the combo is well thought out and should be very close to optimum.

I just wanted to return the ragging I got for posting a couple 625-HP
motors that I built a while back that were pump gas and ran low to mid
10's in 2 differant cars. You doged the speedmaster headed motor and
over camed ED headed motor when I posted dyno sheets, You probly
don't remember. Anyway I was just waiting for your dyno sheet to compair
And to rag on your combo. Well still waiting. And it's all in fun.

GT

Old 12-27-2022, 03:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueghoast View Post

GT
I did that ? What a D!c&.
You run those Chinese things ? I hope my Chinese T400 parts hold up !
I don't think I will have any dyno sheets for you to rag on anytime soon. Its a monumental effort where I live.
You will have to wait and rag on my 1/4 mile ET, MPH and weight info. But I have a feeling its going to rock.
I have done about all I know to my shortblock and heads I know to do short of aluminum rods and metric rings. For pocked ported HPs I think its going a sweet engine. There might be a little power in going to a slightly smaller valve with my 4.155 bore, maybe. But I am going with 2.20
I know a couple people who have met you and they say you are a cool dude.

Old 12-27-2022, 04:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
… so you agree standard pushrod Eheads are no comparison to our CV-1’s ?? …
… just so you know 380cfm HP’s are are standard pushrod location head ����…
… and yet again, you think if I can do something then that means you can ������…
… if that’s cam is too big then why does it make the HP combo go the fastest it had ever run ?? …
… please by all means continue sir, this is great stuff !!! …
...until I see a std port E head rip the head off what The Farmer car has done, yeah. Its not like its a hyd roller build in a heavy s gen now.
...Yes, KRE 380cfm High Ports are std location. KREs 400cfm High Port is a wide Port head that needs rocker shafts. BUT, other porters can get 400 cfm out of std High Ports. What does that tell you ?
...why wouldn't I think I can learn a machine like a flow bench ? Do you know what I do for a living ? I mean, I beat my first adult in chess at 8 years old. Its not like operating a flow bench in like operating CERNs Large Hadron Collider.
...why. because it has a 8" converter and with that cam the 60' kinda s#cks. People have made 900HP on pump gas and 1000HP on race gas with cams like that. So its a little big, not ideal but still gets the job done.
Its not that big a deal, It ran better and I am happy for Mike.

Old 12-27-2022, 05:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
...until I see a std port E head rip the head off what The Farmer car has done, yeah. Its not like its a hyd roller build in a heavy s gen now.
...Yes, KRE 380cfm High Ports are std location. KREs 400cfm High Port is a wide Port head that needs rocker shafts. BUT, other porters can get 400 cfm out of std High Ports. What does that tell you ?
...why wouldn't I think I can learn a machine like a flow bench ? Do you know what I do for a living ? I mean, I beat my first adult in chess at 8 years old. Its not like operating a flow bench in like operating CERNs Large Hadron Collider.
...why. because it has a 8" converter and with that cam the 60' kinda s#cks. People have made 900HP on pump gas and 1000HP on race gas with cams like that. So its a little big, not ideal but still gets the job done.
Its not that big a deal, It ran better and I am happy for Mike.

… a Cerns collider ?? Really ?? I don’t care if you can fly the space shuttle what does that have to do with cylinder heads ?? …
… ANSWER ?? Nothing 👍🏻 …
… this thread isn’t about my personal life, it’s not about you, it’s not about KaNipples, it not about any of these other combos or cars or any other nonsense you guys keep trying to throw in here, it’s simply about what Mike Moak’s 65’ GTO ran before the new heads and what it runs now with the new heads 👍🏻…
… the fact you or KaNipples dislikes the cam, the color of the, car, or the taste of the oil he ran or even myself for that matter is utterly irrelevant 👍🏻…
… FACT … Mike’s car is considerably faster with his unported CV-1 heads 👍🏻…
… insert next unrelated post here 👇🏻…

Old 12-27-2022, 07:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=PAUL …We're the tires the same one used previously?[/QUOTE]

… ummm, you can read right ? …
… and yes, you’re a well known CV-1 hater, congratulations Paul, you win 👍🏻 …

Old 12-27-2022, 09:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
… ummm, you can read right ? …
… and yes, you’re a well known CV-1 hater, congratulations Paul, you win 👍🏻 …
You know darn well why I'm telling you to bring "pillow biter" Byron into this.

The reason I asked is if the guy is running five year old plus tires that may explain his sixty foot.

Why would I not believe what you said on the tape? It was your voice, your recording and your exit interview.

Hopefully one day you figure out how to make big power with a CV-1 head.... Right now all the fast ones were done by other shops. Even one of your faithful had to buy a second hand combination done by BES to figure out how to go fast with them.

Best wishes Bill... You mucked up another one of your threads because your ego is way bigger than your IQ.

Old 12-27-2022, 10:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

So the guy changed his Pistons and top end. He picked up a fair amount so far and I'm.assuming he is happy with what he got for his investment. If this is the case I'm happy for him. Not a Kevin Sweeney fan but he is making some products that people use so there is a community win there. Half information is pretty much a lie when posting results. I think that's where things started going to crap here.

Old 12-27-2022, 11:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueghoast View Post

GT
I have a list for pump gas combinations. If these cars are not on that list could you please give me their information so that I can add them to the list?

http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm

Also I collect dyno sheets. Can you post a link to where you posted them?

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 12-27-2022, 05:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
You know darn well why I'm telling you to bring "pillow biter" Byron into this.

The reason I asked is if the guy is running five year old plus tires that may explain his sixty foot.

Why would I not believe what you said on the tape? It was your voice, your recording and your exit interview.

Hopefully one day you figure out how to make big power with a CV-1 head.... Right now all the fast ones were done by other shops. Even one of your faithful had to buy a second hand combination done by BES to figure out how to go fast with them.

Best wishes Bill... You mucked up another one of your threads because your ego is way bigger than your IQ.
… nothing mucked, just the usual hater nonsense, and if that what you think then more power to you Paul ����…
… and no I don’t know why Byron has anything to do with this …
… oh and best wishes to you too Paul, Happy Holidays ����…

Last edited by twinturrbo406; 12-27-2022 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-27-2022, 06:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
… a Cerns collider ?? Really ?? I don’t care if you can fly the space shuttle what does that have to do with cylinder heads ?? …
… ANSWER ?? Nothing 👍🏻 …
… this thread isn’t about my personal life, it’s not about you, it’s not about KaNipples, it not about any of these other combos or cars or any other nonsense you guys keep trying to throw in here, it’s simply about what Mike Moak’s 65’ GTO ran before the new heads and what it runs now with the new heads 👍🏻…
… the fact you or KaNipples dislikes the cam, the color of the, car, or the taste of the oil he ran or even myself for that matter is utterly irrelevant 👍🏻…
… FACT … Mike’s car is considerably faster with his unported CV-1 heads 👍🏻…
… insert next unrelated post here 👇🏻…
Bill, the Cerns Collider is the most complicated machine mankind has ever made. A flow bench can not be that bad.
Not sure who KaNipples is and I have not went after your personal life here.
Mike has a fantastic looking 65 GTO, one of my favorites.
OK,lets talk about Mikes car. I bet you could see a noticeable improvement if you get that 60" down. Conveter change, tires maybe ? I would not even think about making a real pass on 5 year old tires. I wear out a set in one year of racing.
It seems to me and I do not know , but Mike was so sick of dealing with KS that he $h!#canned the top end he bought from him and even made a piston change just to get it off his car. He sure spent a lot of money doing just that.
When he could have in fact got the performance he is seeing right now and more from his old stuff, just more well thought out.
Showing 733HP by MPH and 3750lb calculator. Stock block 4.155 bore High Port headed engines have made that so you know he could have gotten that and more out of a 505.(well, 720 hp, 2015 Engine Masters)
None of it really matters, the most important thing to me is there is not another Rat or LS in our old Pontiacs.
If it makes Mike happy, who cares what we think.

Old 12-27-2022, 06:07 PM
Senior Chief

How in the heck did GTO George get banned from this site, yet some of the posts in this thread have been ok???

The Following User Says Thank You to opeliac For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2022, 06:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Bill, the Cerns Collider is the most complicated machine mankind has ever made. A flow bench can not be that bad.
Not sure who KaNipples is and I have not went after your personal life here.
Mike has a fantastic looking 65 GTO, one of my favorites.
OK,lets talk about Mikes car. I bet you could see a noticeable improvement if you get that 60" down. Conveter change, tires maybe ? I would not even think about making a real pass on 5 year old tires. I wear out a set in one year of racing.
It seems to me and I do not know , but Mike was so sick of dealing with KS that he $h!#canned the top end he bought from him and even made a piston change just to get it off his car. He sure spent a lot of money doing just that.
When he could have in fact got the performance he is seeing right now and more from his old stuff, just more well thought out.
Showing 733HP by MPH and 3750lb calculator. Stock block 4.155 bore High Port headed engines have made that so you know he could have gotten that and more out of a 505.(well, 720 hp, 2015 Engine Masters)
None of it really matters, the most important thing to me is there is not another Rat or LS in our old Pontiacs.
If it makes Mike happy, who cares what we think.
… I was speaking about some of the unrelated comments but not saying you did the personal stuff no 👍🏻…
… butt theory abound doesn’t change what it ran before , Mike car runs what it runs then and now, it’s real, and factory heads do not make his car faster …
… Mike had zero issues with KRE or the heads, he wanted to go faster so he made the change 👍🏻…

Old 12-27-2022, 06:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Well, high 1.2s might be a little optimistic. But he should be able to get a mid 1.3 out of it with more tuning Takes 750 HP.
I have little doubt my 461 will get me in the 1.3s.
My little d port head pump gas 406 was mid 1.3s with under 500 hp.

Old 12-27-2022, 07:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterp266 View Post
My little d port head pump gas 406 was mid 1.3s with under 500 hp.
How much did the vehicle weigh with the driver?

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 12-27-2022, 08:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A racing thread with some back and forth banter! Just like the old days. Happy New Year Everyone.

The Following User Says Thank You to mgarblik For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2022, 09:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
How much did the vehicle weigh with the driver?

Stan
It’s on your list Stan…….

Old 12-27-2022, 09:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
A racing thread with some back and forth banter! Just like the old days. Happy New Year Everyone.
Bought time this site came back to life isn't it.

GT