Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 05-11-2024, 02:45 PM

Default Wondering what ever happened to my 70 GTO

Purchased in 1984 in Onida, SD. Was stationed at Ellsworth AFB.

Original palladium silver repainted black prior to my purchase. Basic go fast GTO Std 400 M21 close ratio 3:90 posi.
No power steering, manual brakes. Judge stripes were added also prior.
I added factory Judge spoilers front and rear. It had 15" slots in the back matching 14" in front. The drivers rear had a tube. The prior owner replaced the driver front spring, and it was to short but he put a twist lift in it, to even the car out. Was numbers matching until I need to put a rear end in it. But found a 10 bolt posi w/ 3:90s to put in it.

Headers and duels. Rare (?) bucket console car. I named the car Black Jack and had the name added to the deck lid. I also had the Jack and Ace etched into the rear back windows.

Same old same old, got married and traded the car, at Rapid Chevy in Rapid City. Sept 85. for an 84 Mercury Lynx.
I seen the car in Rapid city maybe 1986-7. Last I saw the car it was in Autotrader at a small dealer in Sioux Falls, SD. in 1988. I was heading on leave and stopped that day. The guy at the dealer said is was sold to someone in AZ.

The dealer had it listed as a Judge. It was not.

I wonder if anyone has seen my old GTO.

Thanks

Tim

Old 05-13-2024, 01:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Mercury Lynx - that is a name I haven't heard in some time...lol

Good luck with your quest!

'74 T/A 455 Y-code SD clone

previously on Dawson's Creek:

'74 T/A 400
'81 AMC SX/4
'69 FB 350