Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 05-25-2024, 03:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Perfect, well close enough.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dragncar For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2024, 07:15 PM
Senior Chief

That looks great. Sorry, I haven't been on too much lately, work and grandkids sports. I will be at Burd's cars and coffee. I have Trend valves 2.15 and 1.75, Performer RPM 72cc heads, conical springs and PRW 1.65 stainless roller rockers. Springs are set at 1.800". Trend 3/8" x 9.050" tapered pushrods. Crower hydraulic roller. Finally got the engine done and installed in the car, 1976 Firebird. Engine dynoed at 577hp and 580 torque. It should be fun. Now I need to build a turbo 400 to replace the current 350.

The Following User Says Thank You to jerry455 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2024, 07:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i took this week off to get this done. Hope to see ya at burds and maybe the dustoff.

Lots of little stuff left, drive shaft loop, small exhaust stuff etc..

Thanks to everyone for the help!

Old 05-27-2024, 06:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So for anyone finding this in the future get these intake manifold gaskets. The factory iron ones are small in the ports.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fel-1233

got the pn from a post somewhere here on PY.

lots of learning on my end and i am having fun.

Old 05-27-2024, 06:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry455 View Post
That looks great. Sorry, I haven't been on too much lately, work and grandkids sports. I will be at Burd's cars and coffee. I have Trend valves 2.15 and 1.75, Performer RPM 72cc heads, conical springs and PRW 1.65 stainless roller rockers. Springs are set at 1.800". Trend 3/8" x 9.050" tapered pushrods. Crower hydraulic roller. Finally got the engine done and installed in the car, 1976 Firebird. Engine dynoed at 577hp and 580 torque. It should be fun. Now I need to build a turbo 400 to replace the current 350.
Nice numbers! i would get ahold of fraleys in pontiac for a trans rebuild. Chuck at Prompt transmission did mine years ago and its been flawless however he is retired now, he had done a bunch for me over the years and never had an issue. Fraleys is a customer of mine and i know several people who have had no issues with his work.