THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 06-10-2024, 04:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Another laughable Pontiac article.

The long and the short ... "The RAV was cancelled due to the pushrod supplier filing BK. I can just hear the boardroom discussion:

Purchasing Dept Head "I got some bad news boys. Ummm, the pushrod supplier for the RAV just went BK."

Head of Engine Development: "Damn. We're gonna' have to stop the engine production and end the program. Where else are we going to get enough sets of pushrods to homologate the engine? That's like 150 sets!

Finance Dept. Head: "Yeah, there goes our plan to dominate SCCA, Nascar and NHRA with our new motor. TRW, Mellings, Pioneer, Crane and Comp surely aren't capable of producing custom pushrods and even f hey could, they're gonna' cost at least $150 a set ... better to scrap our $3Million engine development than spend another $22,500 towards proof f concept. At least we have some blocks and heads we can sell for scrap and get a couple hundy back."

LOL

Article accompanied by a pic of a "Gin-you wine" GTO RAIV tail panel. What to do with this spare hood decal? hmmm

Old 06-10-2024, 08:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lol..... Probably the same guy claiming the assembly line workers Sonic checked the cylinders when they hand picked the RAIV blocks.

Old 06-11-2024, 01:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I see that I forgot to post the link to the article: https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=45018...MW5KZFVJ&ntb=1

Old 06-11-2024, 01:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeighborsComplaint View Post
I see that I forgot to post the link to the article: https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=45018...MW5KZFVJ&ntb=1
Thanks, I was thinking this may have been another Jay Leno yarn...

2015 Challenger R/T Plus, hemi, Sublime
The Following User Says Thank You to GTOnly70 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2024, 02:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pontiac did make one 303 69 TA but the throttlestop car was not it.The TS car was built by Bruce Logan from SoCal.I have a pic of that car,my 69 TA RA V and a dead stock TA all side by side at Donuts Derilics some years ago.The TS car ended up with Joe at the Partsplace and then to the TS.FWIW

The Following User Says Thank You to tom s For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2024, 07:00 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Frank

Old 06-13-2024, 12:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's me,however I cant understand why someone would post bs when they have to know( then again they probably have a hard time getting out of a phone booth with the door open)that there are guys out there who know the truth.

The Following User Says Thank You to sdbob For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2024, 10:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

cool story about the ram air V https://www.hemmings.com/stories/pontiac-ram-air-v/

The Following User Says Thank You to post toastie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2024, 04:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A few things stand out to me.
First: A 7.5 liter engine is a 455 not a 428. Second; The fuel embargo didn't hit until 1972 or 73. And thirdly; the insurance issues didn't really hit until 1972-73. Does this writer really think Pontiac could see into the future?

In my opinion, I don't an engine program would be scrapped over something as simple as pushrods. I'm willing to bet that a problem as simple as pushrods could have fixed with one phone call! The engineering was already done...length, diameter, metallurgy, etc.

I'm with 4zpeed...

1978 Black & Gold T/A [complete 70 Ram Air III (carb to pan) PQ and 12 bolt], fully loaded, deluxe, WS6, T-Top car - 1972 Formula 455HO Ram Air numbers matching Julep Green - 1971 T/A 455, 320 CFM Eheads, RP cam, Doug's headers, Fuel injection, TKX 5 Spd. 12 Bolt 3.73, 4 wheel disc. All A/C cars
Old 06-15-2024, 04:21 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Adding to the BS madness...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIUyIoA3njo