Old 06-16-2024, 09:21 PM

Default 1970 GTO/Lemans Horns

I am looking to buy an original set of 1970 only horns. Gto and Lemans should be the same

Delco 9000 #297 and #299 H and L tone horns.

I am only looking for the original 1970 horns not any other years.

Thanks in advance. No scams I will verify before I send any money.

Old 06-22-2024, 06:36 PM

I am still looking

Old 06-26-2024, 11:56 PM

I have a ‘70 lemans sport I’m in the process of parting out. I saw your wanted ad for the horns so I snapped a few pics of them, let me know if these are what you are looking for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3320.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	635969   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3380.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	635970   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3379.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	635971   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3382.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	635972   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3383.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	635973  

Old 06-27-2024, 04:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice..!!

Old 06-27-2024, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Thelander View Post
Nice..!!

Junior member whos account is days old and this is his only post. Definitely feel it's a scam

You were supposed to look through your stash for me when we messaged on Facebook. Did you ever get a chance?

Old 06-28-2024, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70geeteeohh View Post
Junior member whos account is days old and this is his only post. Definitely feel it's a scam

You were supposed to look through your stash for me when we messaged on Facebook. Did you ever get a chance?
Are you serious? I’m trying to help you out with what you need. If you had any doubts, you could have just messaged me.

1) I’m a Chevelle guy, so therefore I never made an account here until now. I am parting out ‘70 Lemans sport and will be posting items up as I remove them, so yes I just registered.

2) I’m on most car forums (mostly Chevy) with the same username, including Team Chevelle and SYC, where I am a paid supporting member with excellent seller feedback. Feel free to check me out.

3) If you still feel this is a scam, nobody is going to twist your arm to buy the horns, but they are available and can send addition pics if you’d like.

That is all

Old 06-28-2024, 05:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGrunt View Post
Are you serious? I’m trying to help you out with what you need. If you had any doubts, you could have just messaged me.

1) I’m a Chevelle guy, so therefore I never made an account here until now. I am parting out ‘70 Lemans sport and will be posting items up as I remove them, so yes I just registered.

2) I’m on most car forums (mostly Chevy) with the same username, including Team Chevelle and SYC, where I am a paid supporting member with excellent seller feedback. Feel free to check me out.

3) If you still feel this is a scam, nobody is going to twist your arm to buy the horns, but they are available and can send addition pics if you’d like.

That is all

Not slamming you in any way. But...
If being a standing member on other car forums, your first post should have been an introduction, like you've stated above, in the Lobby section.

Welcome.

Old 06-28-2024, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Held for Ransom View Post
Not slamming you in any way. But...
If being a standing member on other car forums, your first post should have been an introduction, like you've stated above, in the Lobby section.

Welcome.
Thank you.

FWIW, I’ve never made an introductory post on any forum I’ve ever joined, just usually jump right in after lurking a while. I guess the post above can be it lol

Old 06-28-2024, 06:24 PM

Quote:

There are a lot of lurkers that choose to join when they see someone posting want ads for parts they happen to have.

No broken English used by the new member and no third party for you to engage with, simply pay using a secure method that you trust where you have recourse and there’s no issue.

Carry on.

Old 06-28-2024, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man View Post
There are a lot of lurkers that choose to join when they see someone posting want ads for parts they happen to have.

No broken English used by the new member and no third party for you to engage with, simply pay using a secure method that you trust where you have recourse and there’s no issue.

Carry on.
He can also come pick them up in person if he chooses to do so as it seems he’s not too far from me. I’m on Long Island, NY. Come take a look at the horns as well as the rest of the car, and take whatever you may need.

Old 06-28-2024, 06:52 PM

She's a beauty complete, minus motor and transmission. There’s a trunk full of parts. I do have the entire front clip as well. Original bucket seat/console car. The current seats are not factory but I still have the original rear seat in storage.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3298.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	636059   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3290.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	636060   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3289.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	636061  

Old 06-28-2024, 07:02 PM

Quote:
She's a beauty complete, minus motor and transmission. There’s a trunk full of parts. I do have the entire front clip as well. Original bucket seat/console car. The current seats are not factory but I still have the original rear seat in storage.

I did type up a message earlier but I guess it never sent. I apologize for thinking you werent genuine. So many shady people on forums and marketplace anymore. I try to be as careful as I can.

I am interested in the horns. Have you tested them to see if they sound good. How much are you asking for them?

Old 06-28-2024, 08:05 PM

Quote:
I did type up a message earlier but I guess it never sent. I apologize for thinking you werent genuine. So many shady people on forums and marketplace anymore. I try to be as careful as I can.

I am interested in the horns. Have you tested them to see if they sound good. How much are you asking for them?
No sweat, I totally understand, just wanted to clear the air. Not faulting you for being cautious. I didn’t want to start off on here with a bad reputation for no reason.

The car has been off the road and in storage since 2004. If I get some free time tomorrow, I will pull them off the rad support and give them a clean up. Then I can hook them up to my Chevelle to test them and see what they sound like.

Old 06-29-2024, 12:43 PM

I got them removed this morning and gave them a quick clean to make out the numbers. They are exactly what you are looking for; Delco 9000, L 297, H 299. I was able to save the original hardware too. I haven’t had a chance to test them but I’m sure you most probably would be sending these out for restoration anyway?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3403.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	636080   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3405.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	636081   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3404.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	636082   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3406.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	636083  

Old 06-29-2024, 02:57 PM

Quote:
I got them removed this morning and gave them a quick clean to make out the numbers. They are exactly what you are looking for; Delco 9000, L 297, H 299. I was able to save the original hardware too. I haven’t had a chance to test them but I’m sure you most probably would be sending these out for restoration anyway?
I wouldn't be sending them out for any kind of restoration. I am not building or own a show car. My 70 GTO will be a nice daily driver when finished. I did see the horns were I pretty well aged shape but figured if they work it's nothing a quick media blast and some paint couldn't fix. I would only be interested if they work and sound good and strong

Old 06-29-2024, 06:53 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't be sending them out for any kind of restoration. I am not building or own a show car. My 70 GTO will be a nice daily driver when finished. I did see the horns were I pretty well aged shape but figured if they work it's nothing a quick media blast and some paint couldn't fix. I would only be interested if they work and sound good and strong
Understood, I will test them and get back to you. If they work, I will try to take a quick video.

Old 06-30-2024, 04:07 PM

The horns both work well, let me know where I can send the video.

Old 06-30-2024, 08:10 PM

Quote:
The horns both work well, let me know where I can send the video.

I will PM you my email. Check your private messages.

Old 06-30-2024, 08:45 PM

Quote:
I will PM you my email. Check your private messages.
Got it, and replied!

Old 07-02-2024, 01:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Im glad you both are working it out !!

Ihave interest in front blinkers and housings if you have any

also how much for the black water pump pulley,,,

thanks
Scott