Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 08-22-2013, 11:49 PM

The heads need a ton of work before they can be used and then, how good are they compared to something else in similar cost? The porters have not stepped up and used this casting to show there capability's. No demand. Just another inline valve head.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWilkie View Post
I'm workin to get there Mike... I will be trying it! I've overcome alot of limitations (hopefuly most others wont ever have to go thru) the past 7 years... I'm not about to quit now... Currently working on others stuff so I can get stuff for mine... wife being out of work most of the past two years hasnt helped the process...but I will get there Mike. I do as much of my own work as I can Mike...only farm out what I dont have access to(machine work and I sure dont have Bills porting skills/equipment so I'll be spendin there as well)... Chassis body/paint engine trans and rear will be my creation otherwise. Even if I still had my old budget that was 3x what I net now it would mostly be that way... I'd prefer to farm out the body prep/paint work... but its likely I end up doing that myself. But I dont mind... I'm grateful to still be alive and able to still do things... when my car is done is not something I've set a date to.

Trying something new or different is trying something not yet proven. From inexpensive tune-up to billet cylinder heads... even stuff "proven" on someone elses car... ISNT proven on your car till you test and prove it.

Wenzlers, Edelbrocks, Tigers, Highports, Warp 6 wouldnt be around if everyone waited for "proven".

This may surprise some people... I DONT want everyone to run CV1 heads! I like the variety. I'd like to build a bunch of motors and try all the choices...even some old iron stuff... I havent won the lotto yet.
not sure you got my joke. But sounds good.

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.