Pontiac - Race The next Level

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 10:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm off to work so I'll check for your answers later Jack.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREATGTO View Post
and cost less.
How so?

Old 04-19-2015, 10:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

At that level cost is not a factor. If you dont have 30 k to spend on a motor, dont ask.
It's not about the money, As nice as those cars are if they were to sell them, they would be lucky to get 1/2 of what they got in.

By the way the CV1's on Dicks car are not the CV1's any of us could buy and "bolt on" our car. That statement must have been a joke I'm sure.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
At that level cost is not a factor. If you dont have 30 k to spend on a motor, dont ask.
It's not about the money, As nice as those cars are if they were to sell them, they would be lucky to get 1/2 of what they got in.

By the way the CV1's on Dicks car are not the CV1's any of us could buy and "bolt on" our car. That statement must have been a joke I'm sure.
... I'm not sure what you mean, this is exactly what Dick's engine was meant for, to prove the design makes big power and afterwards have everything CNC ready for future customers, which we do ...

... very easy to make more ...

Old 04-19-2015, 11:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Oh I know I can't afford it, but neither can 99.9% of pontiac owners lol, my whole point! Thanks for making it.
My heads were 12k, so a cast cv1 head is 10k. And billet will stay put a lot better then cast will.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 04-19-2015, 11:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
It takes a village to build a cv1 engine. It takes the sale of a village to build Jacks engine.
You have no knowledge what it takes to build a max effort heads up piece. And I didn't ask anyone for a hand out to help build it.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 04-19-2015, 11:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post

1st off regardless of resale value, who spends more than they need to for anything?

2nd NO Joke... you CAN have exactly identical set at that price.... That is the entire point of the CV1 program. Need bigger ports for bigger motor or higher rpm? The ports are already developed, waiting for a customer. the pricing varies mainly based on cnc time and components selected.! Cant use the capability of this cv 330 port? Chose a port best suited to your combo! Less cnc time = lower cost. Component requirements similarily affects cost.

Brian asked for cost to duplicate and Bill gave him the price! If Brian decided to buy, then thats exactly what Bill and Jim will delIver!

Old 04-19-2015, 11:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
The calculator thing was a joke, I deleted it from my post because someone was sure to take it serious. Dick said Jack can stop at the 1/8 so the race is on as far as I can tell. Jack better be ahead by the 1/8 or he will look like a fool.

Dick is going to race his car ,obviously his times will not be a secret , doesn't matter who he is racing.
How about your car? Will you be racing that? It's been a few years since you said you were going to bust Langers AZZ, how is that plan going?

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 04-19-2015, 11:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturrbo406 View Post
... um, Jack, did you forget you have Billet "Mini DRCE Heads" with a billet tunnel ram manifold ? ...

... are you seriously going to quibble over those carbs ? ... give us a break, I'll tell you what, bring your engine to the dyno session and we'll strap em' on your motor and see if they'll make more power than your carbs, how's that ? ...

... will you be happy then ? ...
I could care less about dynos, money spent on my engine. How it performs on the track is the end all.

I'll be happy when I smash every CV1 car out there. Just go start gathering them up.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 04-19-2015, 12:49 PM
Senior Chief

jspont,

My CV-1 heads can be duplicated at the push of a button. Yes, anyone could buy them and bolt them on their car. It's not a joke. Don't confuse them with Jack's ported billet heads that won't ever be duplicated.

Jack's got the bling, but we got the zing - for far less money.

I know which heads I would buy again for my next build. It's a no brainer.

Dick Fulton

Old 04-19-2015, 12:51 PM
Senior Chief

Default CV-1 Bashers

For many months there has been an outcry from all the CV-1 bashers that we couldn't make 1000 hp. Well, not only did we smash 1000 hp, we did it on 110 fuel. That's right: Nearly 1100 hp with 13:1 compression on 110 fuel. Chew on that for a moment. Can you name any other combos that even come close? Didn't think so.

But even though we have answered the critics' demands, it's still not good enough, is it? This proves once again, that when people are stuck in their beliefs, no argument will sway them. Truth and facts won't change their minds. Therefore, the only way is to defeat them.

When we go back on the dyno with our vacuum issue fixed, we'll play with some Q-16 fuel and some skinny oil, like everyone else has done Should be interesting.

Jack has been running his mouth for the last year or more about how he is gonna donkey stomp me and skull drag me down the track. On a regular basis, he berated the CV-1's, claiming that I would be down at least 150 hp from his”Gaby Who?” Visners. (Gee, how did that prediction turn out?)

Hardly a day went by that he didn't jump into any given thread with a “CV What?” or some snide comment about Jim Sammons and his products, or Bill Anderson and his abilities, or me for choosing CV-1's. He made it Personal and now it's time to put up or shut up.

The reason it will be a full ¼ mile race is because the margin of victory is greatest. There will be no question who the winner is and by how far. It will be recorded and put on youtube for the world to see.

We're coming to Norwalk for you, Jack. So don't be a no-show and don't wuss out in the staging lanes like you did with Robin.

Dick Fulton

I still got $100 that says this race will never happen.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird69 View Post
For many months there has been an outcry from all the CV-1 bashers that we couldn't make 1000 hp. Well, not only did we smash 1000 hp, we did it on 110 fuel. That's right: Nearly 1100 hp with 13:1 compression on 110 fuel. Chew on that for a moment. Can you name any other combos that even come close? Didn't think so.

But even though we have answered the critics' demands, it's still not good enough, is it? This proves once again, that when people are stuck in their beliefs, no argument will sway them. Truth and facts won't change their minds. Therefore, the only way is to defeat them.

When we go back on the dyno with our vacuum issue fixed, we'll play with some Q-16 fuel and some skinny oil, like everyone else has done Should be interesting.

Jack has been running his mouth for the last year or more about how he is gonna donkey stomp me and skull drag me down the track. On a regular basis, he berated the CV-1's, claiming that I would be down at least 150 hp from his”Gaby Who?” Visners. (Gee, how did that prediction turn out?)

Hardly a day went by that he didn't jump into any given thread with a “CV What?” or some snide comment about Jim Sammons and his products, or Bill Anderson and his abilities, or me for choosing CV-1's. He made it Personal and now it's time to put up or shut up.

The reason it will be a full ¼ mile race is because the margin of victory is greatest. There will be no question who the winner is and by how far. It will be recorded and put on youtube for the world to see.

We're coming to Norwalk for you, Jack. So don't be a no-show and don't wuss out in the staging lanes like you did with Robin.

Dick Fulton

DIDTHATJUSTHAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-19-2015, 02:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=mjm421;5392089]
Quote:

Dick Fulton

I still got $100 that says this race will never happen.[/QU

DIDTHATJUSTHAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yup. Id think q16 wont help much at 13/1. Be a good test. With vac,oil,carbs etc. sounds like 30 more is lurking.

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:29 PM
Senior Chief

Best of luck this year with the new combo Dick! Motor sounds good!

Old 04-19-2015, 02:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
jspont,

My CV-1 heads can be duplicated at the push of a button. Yes, anyone could buy them and bolt them on their car. It's not a joke. Don't confuse them with Jack's ported billet heads that won't ever be duplicated.

Jack's got the bling, but we got the zing - for far less money.

I know which heads I would buy again for my next build. It's a no brainer.

Dick Fulton
When I drag your car down the track you will change your tune.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 04-19-2015, 02:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Dick Fulton

U better hurry up with that dyno queen. Are you going to keep dynoing it at 300 rpm for that big dyno #?

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 04-19-2015, 02:53 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:

Dick Fulton

Lot of truth there if you believe the words (and I do believe Dick Fulton's words) but others will say, especially in track times 'Without a Time Slip it did not happen".

Same deal here if you want to "Race Dynos" "Without a Valid Dyno Sheet it did not happen". A Valid Dyno Sheet being something that you can take into court if necessary to prove that the test did happen and the numbers are accurate under sworn testimony under a Lawyer's examination (for example my Daughter if she were to bring a Slander case against someone). I could use another $100K with minimal lawyer expenses

Tom V.

That being said, I don't think the track deal will ever happen either.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
My heads were 12k, so a cast cv1 head is 10k. And billet will stay put a lot better then cast will.
... I'm not sure where your math is coming from Jack, but from what has been read on the boards your bare billet heads were $11-$12K ...

... Fulton's bare CV330/Raceplate heads (Complete CNC & with O-Rings) cost $4550.00 ...

... VED Billet Runner TunnelRam is $3500, Roland Racing's CNC TunnelRam is $1950.00 ...

Last edited by twinturrbo406; 04-19-2015 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
Lot of truth there if you believe the words (and I do believe Dick Fulton's words) but others will say, especially in track times 'Without a Time Slip it did not happen".

Same deal here if you want to "Race Dynos" "Without a Valid Dyno Sheet it did not happen". A Valid Dyno Sheet being something that you can take into court if necessary to prove that the test did happen and the numbers are accurate under sworn testimony under a Lawyer's examination (for example my Daughter if she were to bring a Slander case against someone). I could use another $100K with minimal lawyer expenses

Tom V.

That being said, I don't think the track deal will ever happen either.
... humm, Jack never posted his dyno sheet, but you're not questioning his #'s ?? ...

Old 04-19-2015, 03:44 PM
Boost Engineer

Do not know what his dyno numbers were so as far as I am concerned I heard from a member that he ran some where. By the way what number did he claim?

You experts on that stuff should know as you are constantly running your mouth about it Bill.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Closed Thread