Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 01-03-2014, 06:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

and i'm FRESH outta beer!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MGQYSw1Yvps

Oh, please do let it play a minute.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Senior Chief

You better reread it. I said it SOUNDED great. I didn't say it Ran great. And Pulled Good. Your right it is in Print, I guess I should get you Hook on PHONICS, so you can comprehend. Yes the head was worked on by another person, to try to get it up to The Edelbrock head. That Person was Slawko, but what would he know about cylinder heads. Way more than you do. And lastly, I didn't run the head without water, That is the only head that you have to run water in the back. Name me one other Pontiac head you have to do that too. I almost forgot, You don't want to buy my head, because you can do one at HALF THE COST. Now I see you Over charged me tooo. What a great Pontiac vendor.

Blown 4cyl's to the front
Old 01-03-2014, 06:33 PM
Suspended

Having no dog in this fight.... what made you switch to the ehaed rusty? You say its faster but only knew that after switching..

Old 01-03-2014, 06:44 PM
Senior Chief

Scott, I ran the Wide port Edelbrock first. So I knew how fast my Jeep was. When the CV-1 came out, It was bragged up as The best of the best, so like everybody else, I am alway's looking to go faster, so I purchased a CV-1. I ran slower with it out of the box. I had Slawko port the exhaust side, because of the blower, trying to get it faster than the Edelbrock, but it wasn't. So I sent it to Calvin to port it, it still never went as fast as the Edelbrock. So I switched back. Calvin cut the valve seats as thin as a wedding band, to get extra flow Even Roland told him not to do it. You could put a flashlight in the port, and see light around the valves. Now he say's I am just pissed off. I guess I am. Thanks Rusty

Old 01-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Suspended

Moving the point of contact out to the edge of the seat and making it thin does equal power.... it has its risks but that's racing.. not doubting your claim on e.t. rusty just pointing out why Calvin may have pushed the seats out and made them thin.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65nss4spdGTO View Post
Jack this post shows how little you know about cylinder heads, you sound like Goober!

Your old wideport E-heads have low air speed as compared to a out of the box E-heads.

It's all relative.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420
That's funny, I went faster with wide port heads from KRE back in 2003 then with my standard pushrod location 330 cfm e heads. And faster yet with my Gaby ported E heads.

The velocity is still there even with my Boutique Gaby heads. It's hard to argue with an ET slip and a scale!

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
The Following User Says Thank You to LiL Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty4cyl View Post
Scott, I ran the Wide port Edelbrock first. So I knew how fast my Jeep was. When the CV-1 came out, It was bragged up as The best of the best, so like everybody else, I am alway's looking to go faster, so I purchased a CV-1. I ran slower with it out of the box. I had Slawko port the exhaust side, because of the blower, trying to get it faster than the Edelbrock, but it wasn't. So I sent it to Calvin to port it, it still never went as fast as the Edelbrock. So I switched back. Calvin cut the valve seats as thin as a wedding band, to get extra flow Even Roland told him not to do it. You could put a flashlight in the port, and see light around the valves. Now he say's I am just pissed off. I guess I am. Thanks Rusty
rusty,
you bought in early on, then called me to say you 'burned it up' first race. after questioning, you agreed the rear coolant line wasnt hooked up- as per the instructions. your response was " i didnt have to do that to the edelbrock head....ok... ergo...

first year-
you didnt follow instructions- inconclusive results

second year-
fixed plumbing issue. had unfortunate situation and wadded your jeep up- spent time in hospital- inconclusive results

third year-
broke crank... anyone see a pattern here???
yeah , its the heads fault
jim
ps. i feel real bad, rusty for things to have to come to this, but, apparently, the owner of this forum feels it ' brings the sport together'

Old 01-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Bruce, You said earlier, that you have no tolerance for a bold faced liar. Here is a little story for you, you let me know what you think. In Feb of last year, I sent my motor to Bill to be machined. Bill said in Feb, when your racing season starts, If we are not working on your motor, Let me know, I will move it to the front, so you have it to race. In the beginning of May, I talked to Bill, and told him my racing season is starting the end of May. His response, It won't be done, I said, You told me you would move it to the front so I would have it. His response ,I don't remember saying that. So my question is that a Lie or is that Selective Memory. I hope your hand doesn't get tired patting him on the back. Thanks Rusty
Bill wouldnt have scheduled your motor... not likely to promise something he wasnt in charge of... Bill was the head porter not the general foreman. Tim would have been the one setting the schedule...

Pretty sure Mondello starts nothing(including the schedule) without a workorder and some kind of payment up front... If there was substantial down payment Bill might have been able to get Tim to move it up... if not Bill wouldnt have been able to get Tim to move it ahead let alone start work.

One thing I know from experience... most shops will start your work when you've met their terms... If you decide to make changes or undecided on something or you dont have the parts they need(because you are supplying them)... work stops and in most cases you fall toward the back of the line.

I have no idea what your down payment was and dont want to know amount... if you want to say what roughly the percent down was..well thats up to you.
Can you post the workorder?

Old 01-03-2014, 09:04 PM
Senior Chief

First off Bruce, Did I talk to you on the phone or Bill. I talked to Bill. You can cover for him all you want. I know what was said, you don't. When I talked to Tim about it, He never asked for any down payment either. That is BS too. I have dealt with 4 of 5 Machine shops, and never put a down payment. When work was done, I got a bill and paid it. I guess I am lucky that I don't live in Tenn. Slawko didn't ask for a down payment either, when he worked on the head. I guess I sent the block and crank and head down to Mondello's for a vacation. Another funny thing, Bill isn't at Mondello's anymore. Imagine that.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not to be a smart as. But can't you just feel the love.....

The cv camp throws another one under the bus.....sorry for your situation rusty.

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
The Following User Says Thank You to mike leech For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2014, 09:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post
Not to be a smart as. But can't you just feel the love.....

The cv camp throws another one under the bus.....sorry for your situation rusty.
Really Mike?

The guy goes out and blows his **** up, then gets pissed off and blames my cylinder head work?

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

Old 01-03-2014, 09:38 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7T2 View Post
rusty,
you bought in early on, then called me to say you 'burned it up' first race. after questioning, you agreed the rear coolant line wasnt hooked up- as per the instructions. your response was " i didnt have to do that to the edelbrock head....ok... ergo...

first year-
you didnt follow instructions- inconclusive results

second year-
fixed plumbing issue. had unfortunate situation and wadded your jeep up- spent time in hospital- inconclusive results

third year-
broke crank... anyone see a pattern here???
yeah , its the heads fault
jim
ps. i feel real bad, rusty for things to have to come to this, but, apparently, the owner of this forum feels it ' brings the sport together'
Mr Jim, I am surprised. Lets set the record straight. The first year, You are right, I didn't hook up the rear coolant line. But , Like I asked Calvin, name me a Pontiac head that you have to hook that line up. Like I told you, I didn't have to with the Edelbrock head. My mistake. Second year, What unfortunate mishap and what's this about wadding up my Jeep and spending time in the hospital. That's the first time I am hearing that. If you are referring to when I wrecked my Jeep. That was in 2006, I Didn't even own a CV-1 head at that time. When I wrecked the Jeep, It had the Edelbrock head on it. I can show you pics if you want, and I wasn't in the hospital. The time I was in the hospital, Was in Jan. and my racing season wasn't even started yet. Third year, Yes I broke the crank, I broke the crank with the Edelbrock head too, And more than one time. I have been racing this Blown Alcohol 4 cyl since 1990. So cast cranks do break, but wait, It must be that Bad tune-up LOL. Also, from what you have posted, You have me only racing once a year, WRONG I race more than once a year Buddy. So Yea, I feel bad too Jim. But I was tired of spending money and getting my ass kicked. And when I seen how the head was, with 44% leakdown, I have had enough. Thank You very much.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
Moving the point of contact out to the edge of the seat and making it thin does equal power.... it has its risks but that's racing.. not doubting your claim on e.t. rusty just pointing out why Calvin may have pushed the seats out and made them thin.
Scott,

I used the same valve job techniques I used on Robin's and Quinn's heads without issues. We knew we were pushing the exhaust valve seat size for OD and throat. Had these issues been brought to my attention without forum slamming, I would have upgraded his heads as long as he would have covered the costs for the parts.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

Old 01-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks Mike, When I found my motor had 44% leakdown and you could put a flashlight in the port's and see light around the valves, I guess I had a Bad tune-up. My Bad Thanks Rusty

Old 01-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Really Mike?

The guy goes out and blows his **** up, then gets pissed off and blames my cylinder head work?

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420
I think he's pized at the head more than anything. You been thrown under the same bus....

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mike leech For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2014, 09:44 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Scott,

I used the same valve job techniques I used on Robin's and Quinn's heads without issues. We knew we were pushing the exhaust valve seat size for OD and throat. Had these issues been brought to my attention without forum slamming, I would have upgraded his heads as long as he would have covered the costs for the parts.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

I guess, You cut the seats too thin, And I should pay for parts to fix, after Roland said not to do it. What about the valve seats at Norwalk. They didn't fall out either. My Bad

Old 01-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Senior Chief

O Calvin, One more thing. The motor you keep saying I blew up, wasn't blown up. I put the Edelbrock head on it, and raced at Gravelrama in Aug. There was 29 racer's in my class, and I got third place. Not bad for an Old Wide Port Edelbrock . If I only knew how to tune it. The sky is the limit. That's what I'm talking about. Can you see a pattern here. heheheh Thanks Rusty

Last edited by Rusty4cyl; 01-03-2014 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:08 PM
Senior Chief

**** done got real up in here!

The Following User Says Thank You to bpenrod For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2014, 10:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpenrod View Post
**** done got real up in here!
Sure did!
For one minute i thought i was on Facebook.

Friends come and go,but one good enemy will last you a lifetime.

The Following User Says Thank You to gene simmons For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2014, 10:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
First off Bruce, Did I talk to you on the phone or Bill. I talked to Bill. You can cover for him all you want. I know what was said, you don't. When I talked to Tim about it, He never asked for any down payment either. That is BS too. I have dealt with 4 of 5 Machine shops, and never put a down payment. When work was done, I got a bill and paid it. I guess I am lucky that I don't live in Tenn. Slawko didn't ask for a down payment either, when he worked on the head. I guess I sent the block and crank and head down to Mondello's for a vacation. Another funny thing, Bill isn't at Mondello's anymore. Imagine that.
TIM is the general foreman and HE sets the work schedule...
Any "promises" would be on the work order. Nothing goes in the shop without that work order.

I've spent enough time there to know how it worked up there.

BTW I can find shops without needin a down payment... used a few over the years...Here and when I lived in NY... Sure can take a long time to get my stuff that way... which is ok sometimes.

However... if I ask how much a shop needs to get started... a modest down payment and... surprise... stuff gets done fast.

Imagine that!