Pontiac - Race The next Level

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 04:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
I have to disagree. I went from a built Pro Systems to a Dale Cubic and that was a night and day diffenece.

It went on the transbrake faster and revved faster.

I was at MIR yesterday for door wars and all the X and ultra nitrous guys had an aftermarket carb on it.
I was referring to overall airflow, not metering , 2200 CFM to 2800 CFM overall performance wont change

Old 04-19-2015, 04:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

... ok, here are some pics of the Roland Racing's CNC TunnelRam that's on Fulton's 541c.i engine ...

... i thought you guys might like to check it out ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140612_141553.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	395866   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140506_192257.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	395867   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	395868  

Old 04-19-2015, 04:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO View Post
I was referring to overall airflow, not metering , 2200 CFM to 2800 CFM overall performance wont change
... well i will say this, a N20 combo usually wants a carb/carbs with very good signal to the venturi, which aids in fuel control ...

... i have been at some of the "BLP Carb-Shoot Competition's" and i have witnessed the BBC Test Mule being used have zero distribution issues through the competition, and then a new competitor's carb goes on, and suddenly noticeable distribution issues are present on multiple cylinders, then the "Baseline Carb" goes back on and the distribution goes away, pretty cut & dry testing ...

... the really interesting part was another competitors carb went on and distribution issues reappeared, only this time it was on two totally different cylinders, so then baseline carb was re-installed and distribution went back normal ...

... carburetors are a world unto themselves, and are extremely sensitive ...

Old 04-19-2015, 05:03 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO View Post
A engine decides what airflow goes thru it (under naturally aspirated conditions) and the carb signal varies based on what the signal is to the booster. The booster design and the signal determine the fuel passing thru that booster to the main body of the carb and to the intake manifold. The density of the air on different days will change so the mass flow might change under those conditions and have some effect on the final numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturrbo406 View Post
... well i will say this, a N20 combo usually wants a carb/carbs with very good signal to the venturi, which aids in fuel control ...

... i have been at some of the "BLP Carb-Shoot Competition's" and i have witnessed the BBC Test Mule being used have zero distribution issues through the competition, and then a new competitor's carb goes on, and suddenly noticeable distribution issues are present on multiple cylinders, then the "Baseline Carb" goes back on and the distribution goes away, pretty cut & dry testing ...

... the really interesting part was another competitors carb went on and distribution issues reappeared, only this time it was on two totally different cylinders, so then baseline carb was re-installed and distribution went back normal ...

... carburetors are a world unto themselves, and are extremely sensitive ...
TRUTH

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I am not bashing anyones stuff here, all the people talking about who has got the best stuff will all drag me down the track!
I have no beef was just looking for info. I think that is real cool that a head like that can be done with the push of a button.
I think this will be the 1st apple to apple comparision of 2 different heads similar builds for n20.
I know bad69bird (Brian) is hauling azz with the cv's and a supercharger.
Big Chief is flying with eheads I think.
Ram air v heads making a go of it now
At least we now how some decent choices for Pontiac.

Is anyone doing a max effort CV motor not for forced induction or n20?? I would like to see what they will make then.

There better be video of the race since I will be away and can not make Norwalk.
Good luck sorry to ruffle feathers I was just looking for info for when I hit lotto!!!

Old 04-19-2015, 06:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
Is anyone doing a max effort CV motor not for forced induction or n20?? I would like to see what they will make !
.... absolutely ....

Old 04-19-2015, 06:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Still no cost breakdown Jack?

Old 04-19-2015, 06:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

For what Jack spent I'd expect him to win this race, we'll see if money matters one way or another. Did more chassis mods too so you can figure that into the cost of whatever his car ends up running.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREATGTO View Post
For what Jack spent I'd expect him to win this race, we'll see if money matters one way or another. Did more chassis mods too so you can figure that into the cost of whatever his car ends up running.
... I'll put down a good starting point, should be close, Jack obviously can adjust if numbers vary ...

VED Billet Heads Bare ($12,000)
VED Billet Runner TunnelRam ($3500)
VED Billet Valve Covers ($750.00)
... no parts & labor included ...

Total - $16,250

... same parts on Fulton's engine is $6750.00 no parts & labor included ... which obviously equals a savings of $9500.00 ...

Old 04-19-2015, 07:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREATGTO View Post
Go cry me a river.

Maybe the government can give you some more money along with your Oboma phone.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 04-19-2015, 07:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
Go cry me a river.

Maybe the government can give you some more money along with your Oboma phone.
... such insults Jack, tisk tisk ...

Old 04-19-2015, 07:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

this is a hobby...
not food, health insurance, or the water bill..
cost does matter

Old 04-19-2015, 07:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7T2 View Post
this is a hobby...
cost does matter

Old 04-19-2015, 07:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7T2 View Post
this is a hobby...
cost does matter
Yes but what are the performance potential differences between the two platforms. Cv1 vs Visver billets. what's that worth!

ph. 248-259-6696
Old 04-19-2015, 07:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by john marcella View Post
Yes but what are the performance potential differences between the two platforms. Cv1 vs Visver billets. what's that worth!
much thanks to dick fulton for being the much needed 3rd member in this trifecta...
guess well find out.. care to place a bet john??

Old 04-19-2015, 08:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
... I'll put down a good starting point, should be close, Jack obviously can adjust if numbers vary ...

VED Billet Heads Bare ($12,000)
VED Billet Runner TunnelRam ($3500)
VED Billet Valve Covers ($750.00)
... no parts & labor included ...

Total - $16,250

... same parts on Fulton's engine is $6750.00 no parts & labor included ... which obviously equals a savings of $9500.00 ...

Ouch!

Old 04-19-2015, 08:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by john marcella View Post
I'd definitely feel better about Jacks chances if you ported his heads instead of gabywho. Bauble heads. Lol

Old 04-19-2015, 08:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
... ok, here are some pics of the Roland Racing's CNC TunnelRam that's on Fulton's 541c.i engine ...

... i thought you guys might like to check it out ...
I'm confused. Is it a billet copy of a cast manifold or is the CNC program removing metal from both the inside and outside of a cast manifold?

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Holley Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/
Old 04-19-2015, 08:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I know I've been a bit quite here, Roland and TTBill aside.

Anyone that thinks this head wont make big power should go hide under a rock and come back after these cars get to the track.

1000+ combinations are just starting to come out, about 100 HP to 150 HP over previous race combinations.

Not sure where Fulton was with his sub 8 second E-head combos, but I have a feeling this build will surpass his old combo without trying hard.

Many of you are saying it should. I get that, but why the hate? Because someone took time to look at that design and say, hey, I think I can do it better?

Most of the hype about this head has been by guys who have not gone passed the 4 digit mark. The number of guys that have are few, but this build by My Fulton is what number 10 of all CV-1 builds to date?

Shiat Leech has been to the dyno 1/2 that number and look where he is at today.

Mike reminded me the other day when Goatracer was on the Dyno, he was making the same power that he was, but Mike continues to push forward.

The bar has been set very high, thanks to guys willing to step up and push things further.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

Old 04-19-2015, 08:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quality, cost, performance. You only get to pick 2. Who cares what lil jack spent. If he doesn't, why should anyone else? It is an acceleration competition. Not a frugal competition. If dick drags or donkey stomps jack will it be because he spent less??? If jack buries dick, will it be because he spent more??? You can put the same exact parts in 2 different peoples hands and one will go faster then the other. When is visner, frank, the farmers ,Vic edelbrock etc going to get on here and say how great their heads are? You gonna be waiting a while.

Closed Thread