Old 08-02-2012, 10:33 AM

Put me down for a set for my white car.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:37 AM

Put me down for a set for my white car, please

Old 08-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The stripes are PERFECT in every way.....

Old 08-03-2012, 06:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow fever View Post
Put me down for a set for my white car, please
Hi Yellow Fever, THANK YOU for your interest in these. The kits are in stock and can be purchased from www.transamstripes.net

Just click on the 'Buy Now' button for the Blue Stripe Kit.

Thank you again!

Old 08-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hi Everyone, I'll be at the Trans Am Nat's this weekend in the vendors area, so if you're there, please come by and say hello. It's always great to meet friends from the Forums.

Show specials? Sure why not... I'll throw in one bottle of Rapid Prep and two bottles of Rapid Tac with every full kit sold.

I'll also be selling individual letters, individual stripes and nose birds as well.

Travel safe and see you there!

Old 08-31-2012, 07:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The Trans Am Nationals were a great time for sure. It was terrific meeting so many ppl from these boards and others as well for the first time.

Thank you to those who came up and introduced themselves, and thank you also for so many positive responses to the stripes and letters products!

I put together a display stand for POCI and the TA Nat's to allow folks to check out TransAmStripes.net up close and personal. Here's a few pictures of the display.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2418s.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	281.5 KB
ID:	296075   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1s.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	190.7 KB
ID:	296076   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2423s.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	230.0 KB
ID:	296077   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2422s.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	236.2 KB
ID:	296078  

Old 08-31-2012, 08:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

very nice Greg, looks quite professional!

Old 08-31-2012, 05:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 165th View Post
The Trans Am Nationals were a great time for sure. It was terrific meeting so many ppl from these boards and others as well for the first time.

Thank you to those who came up and introduced themselves, and thank you also for so many positive responses to the stripes and letters products!

I put together a display stand for POCI and the TA Nat's to allow folks to check out TransAmStripes.net up close and personal. Here's a few pictures of the display.
Were you still at the T/A Nats on Sunday? I looked around the swap area twice on Sunday and did not find you. Maybe I looked in the wrong area?

70 Formula RA III / M21 / Lucerne Blue / Bright Blue
Old 08-31-2012, 06:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith k View Post
Were you still at the T/A Nats on Sunday? I looked around the swap area twice on Sunday and did not find you. Maybe I looked in the wrong area?
Hi Keith, I was there until around 1pm Sunday. I was between Ames and Sonic Motors.
Sorry I missed you!

Old 08-31-2012, 06:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbirdta View Post
very nice Greg, looks quite professional!
THANK YOU! I appreciate the compliment. It did come out nice.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Off the wall question. But, why didn't you mount one of the nose birds the correct orientation?

Old 08-31-2012, 10:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 165th View Post
Hi Keith, I was there until around 1pm Sunday. I was between Ames and Sonic Motors.
Sorry I missed you!
Hmmm... I was there before 1:00, too. Don't know how I missed you. Bummer...
I'll have to order on line.

70 Formula RA III / M21 / Lucerne Blue / Bright Blue
Old 08-31-2012, 11:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

got to meet Greg and look at the stripes up close. it is a very professional display, and he is very professional also. he had some of his new stripes and the NOS stripes that he made the new ones off of. well i brought a couple NOS hood birds i had so i could compare mine to his just in case there might be a difference. all i can say is they are as good as it gets, just like NOS, but better. i have 2 sets of white car NOS stripes, but after talking to him and looking at these, more than likely i will use these on my 71.

nice to meet you Greg and the best of luck.(well with these you don't need luck, just need to get the word out)

Old 09-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith k View Post
I'll have to order on line.
Thank you in Advance!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971WARBIRD View Post
got to meet Greg and look at the stripes up close. it is a very professional display, and he is very professional also. he had some of his new stripes and the NOS stripes that he made the new ones off of. well i brought a couple NOS hood birds i had so i could compare mine to his just in case there might be a difference. all i can say is they are as good as it gets, just like NOS, but better. i have 2 sets of white car NOS stripes, but after talking to him and looking at these, more than likely i will use these on my 71.

nice to meet you Greg and the best of luck.(well with these you don't need luck, just need to get the word out)
WOW. Such kind words. Thank you!

Old 09-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Held for Ransom View Post
Off the wall question. But, why didn't you mount one of the nose birds the correct orientation?
That is a great question that I struggled with when building the display. The answer of course is that if the nose bird is oriented correctly with the stripe it would either: Be upside down or if the entire panel is rotated 180 degrees the nose bird would be down by your feet.

I thought it would be best if the bird was oriented right side up so when folks walk up they could look at it up close. And, as 1971Warbird mentioned, he took his NOS nose bird and overlaid it on the bird on the panel to compare. Probably best if right side up for that type of detailed look.

That's a long answer just to say I considered it for sure

Old 09-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

they look nice, my question is, it always seems like reproduction decals seem to fade out alot quicker than the originals. why is this and did you take whatever steps it would be to prevent it??? (if this has already been covered in the thread i apologize as i didnt read the whole thing)

very nice looking display.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_collector View Post
they look nice, my question is, it always seems like reproduction decals seem to fade out alot quicker than the originals. why is this and did you take whatever steps it would be to prevent it??? (if this has already been covered in the thread i apologize as i didnt read the whole thing)

very nice looking display.
I'm sorry to say but to be honest I don't have a lot of experience on how these hold up since this is a new product and I can't speak for the other products since I don't know how the other products were made. I've been running an early proof nose bird on the back window of my truck since January (pic attached, though not a very good one ). It's been through car washes and the truck is parked outdoors daily and still looks perfect, but I realize 9 months is not a long time and it's mounted vertical and not horizontal which makes a big difference to UV ray capture.

I wonder if they are fading out strictly from sunlight, or from having chemicals put on them during waxing/cleaning/buffing? The reason I ask, is I sold a nose bird to a fellow at the TA Nat's last weekend who said he was cleaning road grime off the front nose with chemicals right before judging and swiped his rag across his bird and wiped the ink right off. He had already pulled the bird off by the time I came over to install the new bird for him so I wasn't able to tell who's product it was.

I can however answer what I did producing these to prevent fading:

- The stripes are screen printed vs. digital printing. This is how they were made originally and is superior to digital printing.

- The inks used are the highest quality outdoor extreme conditions ink. As with most products there are average quality and high quality inks, and I can verify the high quality inks are more expensive as well

- The graphics are clear coated with UV resisting clear after screening.

- The substrate is the highest quality available on the market. The 3M cast clear vinyl is the same product that was used on the originals. There are other less expensive vinyls that are 'calendered' which are not extreme use quality.

- The manufacturer is a high quality shop, ISO 9001:2008 certified. They made these stripes the same way they make graphics for OTR trailers with customers such as Walmart and Forward Air. I think a shop that maintains quality standards, including temperature and humidity and handling requirements will inherently yield a better product.

- Finally, in the application instructions I recommend using only mild detergents for cleaning and avoid ammonia, soap, wax, synthetics and buffing. I'm sure original stripes got some of these products on them over the years which again doesn't explain why the new stripes are different than originals, but at least this care should give the owner the best chance of a long healthy stripe life

I hope this information is helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2285s.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	296487  

Old 09-04-2012, 02:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

1, ok Ill need a nose bird, not putting the original template to all these on my truck, but its gotta have one! great Idea ..
2, the guy had probably had windex on a rag after a window clean and wiped his nose ( no pun intended!) Have heard of this on new chrysler/dodge decals.. Windex.. Ammonia.... BEWARE!

Old 09-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

i was flipping thru the current issue of High Performance Pontiac yesterday and noticed a nice little write-up on www.transamstripes.net. way to go G, you know you made it BIG when you get some ink in HPP

Old 09-19-2012, 08:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

When will the custom color options be ready?

Or are they, interested in one set for a possible race car application.

How about sliver centers with a green fade. (Remember race car, lol...)

1966 GTO Post Coupe, 467ci. N/A Pump gas, best 1/4 11.6 118mph
1966 GTO Post Coupe, "The Bright Idea" 535ci. N/A Pump gas, best 1/4 9.56 139mph