Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 12-15-2018, 11:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69FIREBIRD76MM View Post
A.Q.
Me, I've been racing no prop locally and DGAF about "Pontiac" crap. I'm embarrassed to run the mother****er.

The Ford guys are actually cool and try to help. We hang with them.
I got no beef on here, I am assuming you don't race pontiacs but talk **** about the brand and the people who do, I am scratching my head. .[/QUOTE]

X2

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 12-15-2018, 12:06 PM
Senior Chief

This is funny. I have to reply to Mr Bruce, Not EVERY car that changed to CV-1.s went faster, sorry I didn't, but Wait, It must be my fault, I have only been racing my 4 cyl Pontiac for 45 years, I don't know anything. One last thing, I have all my CV-1 stuff FOR SALE, someone please buy this stuff as I don't have a need for a boat anchor LOL Thanks Rusty

Blown 4cyl's to the front
Old 12-15-2018, 01:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
I honestly don't know.

Stan
plug this in to your calcs...5.875 stroke, 5.22 bore, 2150 hp@ 8000 rpm, so they are probably spinning the thing 84/8500.

1963 Cat SD Clone (old school) streeter
1964 GTO post coupe, tripower, 4speed (build)
1965 GTO 389 tripower, 4 speed, driver
1966 GTO dragcar
1966 GTO Ragtop
1969 Tempest ET clone street/strip
1969 GTO Judge RA lll, auto
1969 GTO limelight Conv. 4speed go and show (sold)
1970 GP SSJ
1970 GTO barn find..TLB…390 horse?….yeh, 390
1972 GTO 455 HO, 4 speed, (build)
1973 Grand Safari wagon, 700hp stoplight sleeper
525ci DCI & 609ci LM V head builds

Last edited by J.C.you; 12-15-2018 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:42 PM
Senior Chief

Cool

This?

https://www.sonnysracingengines.com/...r-1005-2100-hp

I think we have someone on this Forum/in this chain that would know this engine very well.

71 Firebird
69 Firebird
Old 12-15-2018, 01:45 PM
Senior Chief

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/1211...-block-engine/

71 Firebird
69 Firebird
Old 12-15-2018, 01:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud View Post
Geez, those middle-of-the-night posts are a real Thread killer. What happened to bieng lighthearted and funny?
Mark,
If some people weren't getting a lump of coal before they are after this thread.

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 12-15-2018, 01:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.you View Post
plug this in to your calcs...5.875 stroke, 5.22 bore, 2150 hp@ 8000 rpm, so they are probably spinning the thing 84/8500.
Bore = 5.22 Stroke = 5.875 Rod Length = 9.4 RPM = 8500
Piston Speed is 138.71528 Feet per Second
Piston Speed is 8322.91667 Feet per Minute
Maximum Piston Velocity 13702.067 FPM @ 74.011 Degrees

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 12-15-2018, 02:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hojs69 View Post
Yup that's it.

1963 Cat SD Clone (old school) streeter
1964 GTO post coupe, tripower, 4speed (build)
1965 GTO 389 tripower, 4 speed, driver
1966 GTO dragcar
1966 GTO Ragtop
1969 Tempest ET clone street/strip
1969 GTO Judge RA lll, auto
1969 GTO limelight Conv. 4speed go and show (sold)
1970 GP SSJ
1970 GTO barn find..TLB…390 horse?….yeh, 390
1972 GTO 455 HO, 4 speed, (build)
1973 Grand Safari wagon, 700hp stoplight sleeper
525ci DCI & 609ci LM V head builds
Old 12-15-2018, 02:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
“WEARS Fulton"😂
... now that's funny ...

... i have a question, from the time your billet combo ran on the dyno to the time you got in the 4.80's ... just how much time was that ??? ...

... be accurate now ...

Old 12-15-2018, 03:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty4cyl View Post
This is funny. I have to reply to Mr Bruce, Not EVERY car that changed to CV-1.s went faster, sorry I didn't, but Wait, It must be my fault, I have only been racing my 4 cyl Pontiac for 45 years, I don't know anything. One last thing, I have all my CV-1 stuff FOR SALE, someone please buy this stuff as I don't have a need for a boat anchor LOL Thanks Rusty

... ummm, i said "CAR" Rusty ... you had a bunch of issues with your combo to say the least, but the biggest issue wasn't the engine now was it ?? ...

Old 12-15-2018, 03:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I got no beef on here. .

... ... what ??? How many decades of trashing a product does it take to define "BEEF" in your mind ?? ...

Old 12-15-2018, 03:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Cox View Post
Jack when you run more rounds in one year than someone else has done and they're racing career you're probably going to crack a lot of eggs! And when you have more in your engine then the cracker has in there racing career you're probably going to be afraid to run rounds!
... ... ...

Old 12-15-2018, 03:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad69bird View Post
I have no doubt whatsoever that they will be in my pit helping me because that's what we do. We help each other AND other racers!!!

I will be out in the spring and they will be my pit bitches for a change! Lol

Haha true story John. That's why I bought a Harley so I can hang with the cool kids. Lol

Lmao... that's great!

... i really look forward to you getting that Bird on the track again Brian, i'm very excited to see what she runs !!! ...

Old 12-15-2018, 03:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kinsler View Post
That's you in a nut shell.

... that's awesome, coming from the guy that demanded an apology from Roland because you thought claiming you had sent a customer Roland's directions from a guy that i already sold CV-1 heads to, lol too funny Jeff ...

Old 12-15-2018, 03:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckmastr View Post
Really??? I believe several people here will say different. We help anyone who ask's for it and offer it to some who don't. Now as far as we are not about racing or going fast............. We race and we race a lot and most of the time we go fast. Are we they fastest, No but we sure aren't any slouches either. Think about the quality of people and cars you are talking about when you say "You East Coast people"
Langer
Rex
Kinsler
Lil Jack
Snyder
SikGoat
These and several others have saved many people countless $$ by Racing / testing finding out what works and what doesn't.
Yes we all know your some street race bad ass but that doesn't help many here.

.... ummm, the problem Billy is that nobody on that list has been attacked by me or Roland, or anyone else running CV-1's for that matter, i honestly don't think there's a single person on this forum that doubts you guys and your network make cars go fast, at least that's my opinion, but the issue here isn't that, it is that some names on that list have used their accomplishments as a battering ram towards other racers including most CV-1 guys, you won't find one post from us that was not in direct response to the 10 yr long smash fest from those very people on that list ...

... and i'm sure the next response to that will be GreatGTO's comments, first of all i did not tell him to do that, yes he is one of my closest friends i've ever had which is why he was posting out of emotion and grew tired of watching us get punched in the face year in and year out over posts that were smear tactics and BS, but i had a very long discussion with him about that and i put a stop to it, not to mention others doing the same, but with the hatred and 10yr smear campaign this product has endured we still don't have an N/A Langer type customer or a Snyder type customer, unfortunately that still has not changed, i was very close with Mike Leech with my 572 engine but obviously that can't happen now, the N/A Pontiac group is a very small group ...

... does that mean we're afraid ?? certainly not ... but clearly it has to be the right type of car, i have even had discussions with Snyder about running the 572 so it's not like i'm not looking guys ...

... if you guys are so helpful to this Pontiac sport, then how about you guys actually try and make this nonsense war go away ?? 10yrs is enough don't you think ?? Now that would be a real contribution to the Pontiac community that i think most here would stand behind don't you ?? ...

Old 12-15-2018, 03:46 PM
Senior Chief

First off, I didn't say you, re read my post. I said Mr Bruce. Second, the only supposed issue , Roland said was the intake, so I bought another intake from Roland, and it still ran the same. So if it wasn't the engine, why does it run better with the wide port Edelbrock head with the same combination. I am sure you would know, because you know everything. Let me know what all the issues were when I ran the CV-1, so I can change them LOL Thanks Rusty

Old 12-15-2018, 03:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Quinton View Post
Naw man, I have a clue. And I do know what I'm talking about. If you're sharing stuff it's between you're own peeps. You share info with your peeps, right on. I have know idea what TF you're talking about. Visners heads you could have told him he couldn't sell his own heads. I'm not following.

I disagree with your comment and I'm not sure how I'm connected to the "CV1 crowd". I've not said anything, once again demonstrating you and your East Coast brotherns bull****. I've not said anything about any crap. You once again try to connect me we others.

I stand by what I said and call you out for your BULLSHIST just like before.

You and your east coast boyz own the divisiveness.

Me, I've been racing no prop locally and DGAF about "Pontiac" crap. I'm embarrassed to run the mother****er.

The Ford guys are actually cool and try to help. We hang with them.
I really can't wait until I retire and do not have to filter what I say, but for now...Not all questions are asking in a public forum. I, as well as other ECM members and probably many, many more, receive PM's on here, PZ, and FB all the time asking for advice. It’s just not in the public view. When there is a racer in need at the track...we jump in to help however we can. You do not see it because you don't race around us. Sorry you are not privileged to see the messages and probably do not believe it, but that is your hang-up...not ours. I think it is safe to say for all of us in the ECM that we will help anyone in need, even those whom we do not agree with, you just have to ask for the help. For example, Brad Spidel (God rest his soul) would ask me tons of questions about my combo because we had similar combos and my program was further advanced than his. I would never miss lead him, BUT I would not tell him everything I had learned because I figured it out on my dime. As Tom V. once said to Brad after he posted a barrage of questions for me…”Brad are you going to ask him for his wife’s bra and panty size too?” We aren’t going to tell you everything, but we will not mislead you. What kind of racing is "no prop"? Never heard of it. If the Ford guys are "really cool", then why are you here posting and hanging out with people who embarrass you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Quinton View Post
I've never talked to you or shared any information. However, I'm sure your biotch ass east coast people think they know something they've shared with you and that's what you're running on? Right on, you know what I'm talking about. Biotches be talking like they do.
Calm down keyboard warrior...the alcohol must have been flowing last night . LMAO

Quote:
I got no beef on here, I am assuming you don't race pontiacs but talk **** about the brand and the people who do, I am scratching my head. .

X2

X3

Making CVWHAT's great again. I guess it took a deplorable ECM member to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Cox View Post
Holly cow we must be some dume corn huskers here in indiana or somthing!!!

Fastest Blow-thru Pontiac powered car in the Country 8.440@166.97 (3465lbs)

Fastest Pontiac CV-1 car on the planet with only 6 passes on the combo: 4.80@147.65/ 7.49@180.12MPH (3365lbs)

Last edited by bad69bird; 12-15-2018 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-15-2018, 03:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty4cyl View Post
First off, I didn't say you, re read my post. I said Mr Bruce. Second, the only supposed issue , Roland said was the intake, so I bought another intake from Roland, and it still ran the same. So if it wasn't the engine, why does it run better with the wide port Edelbrock head with the same combination. I am sure you would know, because you know everything. Let me know what all the issues were when I ran the CV-1, so I can change them LOL Thanks Rusty
... i'll start with a question, what other changes were made other than the head ? and this is something i'm not sure of either, what did the Jeep weigh ?? ...

... and my comments were largely based on how things ended up with the last 3 builders you tried to deal with for that engine, and considering your nice comment of it being a boat anchor and all, you simply could've listed it for sale and said it didn't work for your application but you chose to poke someone in the eyeball, yet again ...

Old 12-15-2018, 04:27 PM
Senior Chief

Mr Bill, the only thing I changed was the head and Hogan intake. In fact, the Edelbrock head has less rocker ratio than the CV-1, so it has less lift. I don't know, it just runs better. As for the last 3 builder's, I build the engines myself, nobody builds them but me. Calvin and I are good, he fixed the seat's and I paid him, no problem. If Mr Marcella didn't want to work on the Edelbrock head, he should have just said so, no problem, he is not the only one porting head's. I ran the head for a year and gave it to Dave Wilcox and he did the head over, and did a Great job too, and I paid him, no Problem. And he is a great guy to deal with. The comment about the boat anchor was a JOKE. I have had the head and component's listed For Sale since 2013 and only had one response, I even lowered the price a 1000, still would like to sell it. And the Jeep weigh's 2725 with driver. I hope this clear's thing's up. Thanks Rusty

Old 12-15-2018, 04:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I would never miss lead him, BUT I would not tell him everything I had learned because I figured it out on my dime.
The crux of the problem?

I will help anyone with their Pontiacs, especially things I learned on my dime.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates