Old 01-23-2009, 07:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I know where a 89 GTA is for sale. It is a very nice car. Contact Pete @ fbodywarehouse.com I think he is asking $3500 and it is a t-top car. Black on Black with gold wheels.

About the 78 we have. It will be for sale. We finish the camera system up Saturday and I will take pictures of it and post it up here and trans am country. I have to go thru it and research some others to get a price. Guys, see my 80 Pace Car post and give me some insight.

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 01-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Let me know what you want for it and send me some pictures to W72bandit@yahoo.com. I'm looking for some more.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzbk2l View Post
Don, I've commented on the same thing. When I was a kid in the 80's, the '32 Fords and similar buckets were the hot thing, and tri-5s were just starting to take off. Now the roadsters have been out of demand for decades, and the demand for the tri-5s is dying off.

If you notice, this trend seems to follow the age of the people who grew up with the cars. As the people who hot-rodded '32 Fords as kids got old enough to have disposable income and time to play with these things, demand soared. Now most of them are too old to participate in the hobby.

The tri-5s are falling into that category now, and I don't think it will be too long before muscle cars follow. Personally, the late 2nd-gen F-bodies were hot and affordable when I was in HS, so those will always be my dream rides. People of my age are getting to the point in life where they can afford the cars they had as kids, so the demand for 2nd-gen 'birds is soaring.

I, too, wonder what will be next. Hard to imagine a 150-hp "crossfire" camaro as a hot item, but there were a lot of 'em street racing in the early 90s....
you are so right
it basically comes down to what someone is willing to pay... thats the bottom line

this one TA was absolutely gorgeous. man... the evil thoughts that went through my head as to what i would do to it. i was like there is no way i can have a car like this, would be ashame to rip apart.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

I'm completely convinced the 2nd gen TA is the new GTO in collectors terms.
However I see prices soaring higher than the goat in 5- 10 yrs,there was much more of an exposure to 2nd gen TA's throughout the entire world....ie: Smokey&The Bandit,Hooper...etc.
The early birds 70-73 are already knocking on top GTO prices,and low mile original W72 cars are following soon...just look at low mile SE W72's

There are some very well respected W72 enthusiests that believe ultra low mile mint survivor W72 4spd cars are due to hit 60-80k,that's SD& HO territory.
But then again they are biased like me

1968 442-gone but not forgotten
"Oh,you can think about it,.....but don't do it!"
Sheriff Bufford T.Justice