Old 03-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64catdroptop View Post
Aaronz28

PM me your zip.

Anyone know the weight of a TH400?

-r-
I've got one sitting loose in the floor. Let me know if you need me to weigh it.

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
Old 03-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Keith,

I do too, its just with my surgery,... I really don't want to pick the dang thing up to put it on a scale.

That said,...Aaron, I'm about 1/2 hour south of Dayton. You'd be best to take a Saturday and come get the stuff.

Ron

Old 03-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64catdroptop View Post
Keith,

I do too, its just with my surgery,... I really don't want to pick the dang thing up to put it on a scale.
That said,...Aaron, I'm about 1/2 hour south of Dayton. You'd be best to take a Saturday and come get the stuff.

Ron
you got that right.
No picky up for you. lol
Be well Ron and hope you are feeling better.

patrick

Old 07-05-2011, 11:02 AM

Any follow up on how this swap went? I have a 64 Catalina convertible with a slim jim that I'd like to swap out. Better to say, I'd like to have swapped out since I have no skills in this area.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Back in 69 when I worked at a Pontiac dealership one of the mechanics owned a 64 GP and he did the conversion at the dealership in an evening so it can't be that big of a deal. I would guess you'd need a flexplate, block mounted starter, driveshaft from a 65 up Cat, or GP, BFH for floor adjustment, and either make the 64 shifter work or a cable unit from a newer B body. I know he was quite happy with the conversion after he had it done. Having owned more than a couple cars with Supers and Slim Jims I would not even think about driving a car with one of them, when a T400 is a so much superior transmission in every department, my 2 cents. My ultimate choice would be a 4L80E but it would be a much more involved conversion than a T400 would be with more expense, but would have the OD advantage.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 07-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Does a TH350 buy you any more room in a Cat/GP? Still a hell for stout trans, can be built easily to power levels much greater than a stocker 389/421, might not need all the floor pan beating that a TH400 would.