Old 10-21-2011, 09:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

6t5, Marshall is right. Sell em one at a time and you'll make more than if you sold them as a group lot. I don't think there are all that many that can afford to buy them all in a group or have the room for them, including transportation to move them all to a new location. Unless... where they are stored now is a part of the 'group' deal.

I still think its the 'real deal' and not a hoax. Why post a photo if it isn't real. Makes no sense to do that and become a fool in everyone's eyes. Good luck and I still hope it all works out for ya.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for follow'n up 6t5.

For the doubt'rs, its the real deal.
If you think he could'nt sell the whole lot at once, dont be supprised when he does.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 10-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Could not have said it better myself. The problem is if I do sell the whole lot together, then the non believers will say it was hoax anyway. Someone mentioned calling Jim Madason at PHS. I think that is a good idea. He will verify that I requested info on 28 cars and maybe this nonsense will end.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

6t5gto: I must apologize for questioning if this was a hoax. When a few had mentioned that their PM's weren't answered and the original thread closed down I questioned it. I guess I've seen too many scams on the internet. I do apologize.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Understood and accepted. Thank you.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, I'm just glad to see that they are indeed "alive & well" and wish you the best with whatever way you sell them.

"Its never too late to have a happy childhood"!

I told my dad I was going to stop raising hell, and he called me a quitter!
Old 10-23-2011, 02:09 AM

in the original thread 6t5gto asked how to sell 26 gto's. he stated he would like to sell them all together .one sale and done with it. other than the people who offered advice to have an auction. most of the selling advice seemed to be geared to serve buyers who want to profit from cherry picking his collection. 6t5gto did a great thing saving those cars . i thank him

Old 10-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I too am glad 6t5GTO decided to share his GTO collection with us. What a great story, and it's nice to think that 30 GTO's got preserved for the future. Whatever he does with them, I wish him the best of luck. Not easy keeping 30 cars out of harms way for 3 decades!! My hat's off to him.

Old 10-23-2011, 12:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Like I said I thought this would make a great movie. A bunch of car guys looking for the holy grail of a stockpile of gtos in a mysterious tomb. I also have to agee that it takes a lot to hold onto this many cars and to preserve them is even a bigger task at that. My hat off to you also!I would have to say that we all can be glad there are 26 more pontiacs saved and somebody put their heart into keeping them around.

1968 lemans :In progress!
1970 Bonneville 455 HO convertible (survivor)sold
1969 firebird
Old 10-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I too am glad that these cars have been saved, and I wish 6t5 the best of luck in selling them—I truly do. But I’m not sure it’s reasonable to take offense with people who have posted on the two threads. The door for different ideas was opened by 6t5, and speculation is only natural in a public forum, especially in unusual circumstances where the subject matter is meaningful to the participants and where information isn’t complete/communicated quickly. It’s quite true that 6t5 was under no obligation to provide any information to anyone. At the same time, and within the bounds of forum rules, members had no obligation to withhold their thoughts/ideas/suggestions/speculations. Consider the intimation that people who posted ideas other than auctioning the cars simply wanted to profit from the situation. This is the same sort of speculation, isn’t it? I for one would have considered a car from this lot for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with turning a profit, and I suspect there are others who feel the same way.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think posts #24 and #25 pretty much settled the matter. No sense in muddying up the creek again.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
I think posts #24 and #25 pretty much settled the matter. No sense in muddying up the creek again.
I hear ya....just in one of those moods this morning I guess.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator67 View Post
I hear ya....just in one of those moods this morning I guess.
Yeah, I guess we all get there from time to time.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

6t5 take your time.....this could be the ultimate group buy! 20 guys less than 10K per! Each pick a car sell the rest for a little cash back!! I for one would be in. Anyone else? Dave K.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:14 PM

Wow! that got ugly quickly , Please don't misunderstand us, we ARE on your side. Some are more impatient than others, and cynical. I think a picture is worth a thousand words, I've seen the pic.. nice collection. There are some that would like to buy to resell at a profit.. others prolly 99% .. would love to find an original unmolested car to restore to greatness once again. Look over the other postings and see some of the cars guys are finding ,needing extensive work just to get them up to RUNNING cond... so.. if we are all " chomping at the bit" it is because we are all anxious to see the outcome AND ... shudder!! don't want some holliwood type,or oil magnate to snatch them all up to never be seen again..
Here's an idea... suppose GTOAA has 30 groups around the country, each group toss in $7 bills apiece,,GTOAA buys the cars,, each group has a car to auction among it's members , man with 30 goats happy, members of forum happy, cars get restored, everyone happy.
Anyway, hope it all goes good for you. I , like many here, would love an opportunity to purchase one for myself. so... mrrat...count me in...

Old 12-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

6t5gto, any update?

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 03-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Region Warrior View Post
6t5gto, any update?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...84.m1423.l2649

Old 03-25-2012, 07:30 AM
Senior Chief

Will definitely save him as favorite, will be interesting to follow. Sweet 67 wonder what the reserve is set at?

Old 03-25-2012, 07:58 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Glad to see this is happening. I'll bet some of these will fall under the "survivor" catagory.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:59 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho447 View Post
Watching