WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 03-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mr Rabon is only capable of throwing insults and poorly at that. I wouldn't worry about taking his "advice".

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David Jones:
Mr Rabon is only capable of throwing insults and poorly at that. I wouldn't worry about taking his "advice". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your reason for posting in this forum? What was it that you have to offer? Did you buy a new GTO? Do you have any experience with the short throw shifters available for them? Do you have LS1/2 experience that is helpful? Can you tell us were to buy body appearance parts for the new GTOs? Did you notice any differences that might be helpful to owners between the '04 and '05 GTO?

I have participated in many discussions involving the above and similar questions. Have you offered anything positive to those? In THIS forum?

I come to this forum because I own new GTOs and I like both old and new GTOs. For what reason do you come to the "2004 GTO Tech and Chat"?
Old 03-09-2005, 04:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

None of which has any bearing on my earlier reply. I come to this forum because of people like you.

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:35 PM

Sticks and stones.... Still looks a Chebby Cabalier!
Old 03-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Senior Chief

C'mon Rabon, just ignore them. They're just trying to "get your goat" so to speak. They're only here to cause trouble and egg you on, not because they have any interest in the car. Do what I do with ricers when I'm driving my TA...just shake your head in a pitying fashion, laugh, then ignore them and go on about your business.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:11 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yeah, Rabon, he is obviously myopic since he can't tell the difference between a GTO and a Cavalier, and his responses speak volumes about his maturity level.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:48 PM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pont3:
Yeah, Rabon, he is obviously myopic since he can't tell the difference between a GTO and a Cavalier, and his responses speak volumes about his maturity level. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And their IQ.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David Jones:
None of which has any bearing on my earlier reply. I come to this forum because of people like you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All of which has everything to do with your comment about my only ability being that of throwing insults, which is what I quoted.

The latter sentence being your only reason for coming here, what is your definition of a troll?

Jeff R: I realize they are just here to egg me (and others) on. Their trouble is that they aren't intelligent enough to offer anything else or even realize that they are an embarassment to automobile enthusiasts. You're right though, I do pity them.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You define my definition of a troll perfectly, thanks for asking. And your insult laden replies point that out. Now, get on back to your Holden.

Old 03-10-2005, 06:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Who Send a message via MSN to The Who

this is worst then grade 2 insults..

"i know you are but what am i"

"my dad is stronger then yours"

grow up guys
Old 03-10-2005, 06:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Rabon started it. He did he did he did. Nanananana.

Old 03-10-2005, 06:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't know did it!
Old 03-10-2005, 07:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Old 03-10-2005, 08:22 AM
Senior Chief

You define my definition of a troll perfectly, thanks for asking. And your insult laden replies point that out. Now, get on back to your Holden. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still waiting to here your worth to this forum?
Old 03-10-2005, 10:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

OK Mr Rabon look around in this forum. Notice any other posts here lately from David Jones? Didn't think so. Notice I posted in this thread. This thread is about a Car and Driver article about their comparison test between a "new" Mustang and a "new" GTO. You still with me? Or have you quit paying attention again because of your inability to think that someone might disagree with you? Being a Car and Driver subscriber and having read the article in question I felt compelled to note that

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">All that doesn't change the fact that the people that wrote the article preferred the Mustang for various reasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This was directed to Mr_GTO, who started the thread. Yes, I noted the similarity between his Cavalier and the new GTO. You disagree? Great. Mr_GTO and I went back and forth for a few posts and unless I've missed something, we seem to have let it go. Then you hop in and try to rip me for posting in this forum. Great again. Having seen your attacks on others that disagree with your opinion I expected nothing less. However you are beginning to look ridiculous. If I have some sort of epiphany and suddenly rush out and purchase one of the "new" GTO's then you will find me posting questions about the technical side of the automobile. I'll be first in line to question GM's choice of shift mechanisms and how to upgrade. Ls1/Ls2 questions? I'd have a million. Body appearance parts? Never cared for plastic or fiberglass bandaids to fix any cars design problems, so you wouldn't find me on any of those threads.
BUT, when another thread surfaces on a topic on this or any other forum on this site that I am familiar with expect to see me post up. And I really don't care if you think I should or not. Have a nice day.

Old 03-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Senior Chief

OK Mr Rabon look around in this forum. Notice any other posts here lately from David Jones? Didn't think so. Notice I posted in this thread. This thread is about a Car and Driver article about their comparison test between a "new" Mustang and a "new" GTO. You still with me? Or have you quit paying attention again because of your inability to think that someone might disagree with you? Being a Car and Driver subscriber and having read the article in question I felt compelled to note that

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">All that doesn't change the fact that the people that wrote the article preferred the Mustang for various reasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This was directed to Mr_GTO, who started the thread. Yes, I noted the similarity between his Cavalier and the new GTO. You disagree? Great. Mr_GTO and I went back and forth for a few posts and unless I've missed something, we seem to have let it go. Then you hop in and try to rip me for posting in this forum. Great again. Having seen your attacks on others that disagree with your opinion I expected nothing less. However you are beginning to look ridiculous. If I have some sort of epiphany and suddenly rush out and purchase one of the "new" GTO's then you will find me posting questions about the technical side of the automobile. I'll be first in line to question GM's choice of shift mechanisms and how to upgrade. Ls1/Ls2 questions? I'd have a million. Body appearance parts? Never cared for plastic or fiberglass bandaids to fix any cars design problems, so you wouldn't find me on any of those threads.
BUT, when another thread surfaces on a topic on this or any other forum on this site that I am familiar with expect to see me post up. And I really don't care if you think I should or not. Have a nice day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe my original comment was to RJGTO67. I didn't respond directly to you until you addressed my capabilities. Of course anyone can post anywhere and only common sense prevents me from going and posting in the '65 GTO threads. Common sense that I know nothing about the '65 GTO.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:
Originally posted by RJGTO67:
Now, David,cut that out. You hurt his feelings and he'll call you a troll.

Nah, Humbler is smarter than the two of you put together because he knows in which forum he's posting. You guys obviously want fordlovers.com. I guess in your case RJ stands for Rustang Jockey. Please, post in the appropriate forum. You have nothing to offer here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me clear up your mistake. Obviously you were including me. Have a nice day.

Old 03-10-2005, 02:30 PM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:
Originally posted by RJGTO67:
Now, David,cut that out. You hurt his feelings and he'll call you a troll.

Nah, Humbler is smarter than the two of you put together because he knows in which forum he's posting. You guys obviously want fordlovers.com. I guess in your case RJ stands for Rustang Jockey. Please, post in the appropriate forum. You have nothing to offer here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me clear up your mistake. Obviously you were including me. Have a nice day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_GTO:

The people have spoken. 123-2

For those that missed the article....

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=8908

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seeing the two side by side I think the 05 would look better w/o the hood scoops. The Stang looks better without the hood scoops than the GM Monaro with them. I'd like to see a pic. of both side by side( Stang / GMM ) w/o hood scoops.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Senior Chief

Hoods scoops or no is an obvious personal preference thing so I can see that some would dislike them. The first picture I saw, I disliked them. Seeing them in person, in 3-D, is completely different than any pictures. So far, no one who has seen them in person has preferred the car without scoops. To each his own though.

As for the less subjective performance criteria, its gonna be a lot of fun watching the looks on the 'stang owners' faces in my mirror.