Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 05-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmanjoe
also i over fertilized some patches of grass in my front lawn, the grass is brown,,, what can i do to fix those areas? I've been soaking the areas with lots of water everyday,,, but its still dead....

Brown patches may be a number of things...could be grubs...Dog urinating spots...or could be rocks close to the surface that need dug out. Now is about the time to put down grub prevention fert... check and make sure neighbors aren't letting their dogs piss in your yard....check for rocks, either dig a bit or use a probe.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB
Brown patches may be a number of things...could be grubs...Dog urinating spots...or could be rocks close to the surface that need dug out. Now is about the time to put down grub prevention fert... check and make sure neighbors aren't letting their dogs piss in your yard....check for rocks, either dig a bit or use a probe.
Good point, but if the burn marks are in a row, than its the fert. Grubs usually start in one area and move out.

Pick up the grass. If it comes out easily and you have green grass with no roots attached, then grubs are your problem. Doesnt sound like it though.

Old 05-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Suspended

man i dumped 80lbs of that grub/flea stuff on the lawn,,, i wanted to kill all the bugs for my dog,

what happen was i bought this top of the line spreader, and well, dam if i didn't run that thing all around the yard shooting pretty much everything they sold in a bag, in the yard isle at the depot

i even shot grass seed all over the dog!!

im out of control lol

Old 05-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Suspended

here is some pictures i took this morning, i think its been around 7 days

Old 06-20-2007, 10:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to YVEYANT

I am going through this now, let's see those photos. Any grass yet?
I never use hay, I just get real happy with the the grass seed and water it at night only for a while, it takes about two weeks than starts coming up quickly. I like to use tall fescue mixed with Kentucky blue grass. I get a 50 lb bag of it from The Tractor Supply for $40 bucks. It grows great and is very durable.

Ant
1967 Pontiac Tempest, GTO-Inspired

"What's so special about having Italian food cooked by a bunch of friggin Mexicans"
Paulie-
Rocky Balboa

"Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it"
Braveheart

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...Wm0SlqN030.jpg
Old 06-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmanjoe
also i over fertilized some patches of grass in my front lawn, the grass is brown,,, what can i do to fix those areas? I've been soaking the areas with lots of water everyday,,, but its still dead....

Turn it over with a shovel and reseed, water water water!!!

Old 06-21-2007, 08:33 AM
Suspended

ill give that turning over thing a try,,, most all the spots are gone,, just a few left.. heres a picture of the backyard.