Old 01-25-2011, 08:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I think the window is rolled all the way up, but there is a shade behind it giving the impression the window id down a little. Interesting how this all played out. I guess we will still never know what the deal is with this car. Conspiracies...You gotta love 'em.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:14 AM
Senior Chief

The Jalopnik article points out another difference, but I can't quite make it out on my small laptop monitor.

They claim the original car says U S Navy on the door. The auction car says U.S. Navy.

May the torque be with you.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Senior Chief

I also noticed that, in addition the text appears to be smaller on the original car, I used the bonneville side trim as a reference to compare the text size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Norman View Post
The Jalopnik article points out another difference, but I can't quite make it out on my small laptop monitor.

They claim the original car says U S Navy on the door. The auction car says U.S. Navy.

C5 Corvette Roadster
Old 01-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard sargent View Post
What about the overspray in the wheel well?
In general and without regard to whether the auctioned car was repainted (I am thinking at least part of it WAS, but that's JMO), the overspray may not be an issue from two angles:

1) Body was assembled at Superior and painted as a unit (I have a '62 ambo built by Superior that confirms this technique)

2) Even if it arrived ready to use, the Navy may have decided to shoot another coat over it 'just to be sure' (the Navy is pretty damn thorough).

Old 01-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Upon further oberservation,this is the pink outfit Jackie wore at the time of the assasination, notice the blood on her leg and on her dress.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A87rZ...eature=related, 8.24 to 8.30 she is in the container that has JFK. casket, 8.47 to 8.50 standing by the ambulance.

I first thought the picture of Jackie by the ambulance in this thread was just the a old photo with some smudges on it.

To be the first lady of the United States, beautiful and always dressed to perfection in the lastest fashion wow! She had several hours to at least wash the blood of her legs, I believe that it was not a concern or even something she wanted to do. This was not a mess only part of the last remains of her husband.

Last edited by richard sargent; 01-25-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to MOJO Catalina

The ambulance being discussed here picked up his coffin with body inside when it got back to the DC area. She still has the dress on she was wearing earlier that day and on the plane ride.