Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 01-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I would really like to see anyone improve on there existing combo! As for Travis and Rodney........the Pontiac fanatic in me hopes they go in the 0's this year!!!!!!

We have more than established that more than a few guys can get some good flow numbers out of ..............whatever head period. My biggest question is what are you guys doing on the other side? What size primary tube header are you guys using? What size collector? Merge collector? What size?
I really don't think the 2" primary tube header that is so readily available is enough for what intake air flow we have.Theres 2 more cents.

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.82@159.91 in Joliet May 2024 ….157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23
Old 01-06-2013, 03:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
Someone needs to tell Travis to put some convertible exhaust on his E heads and it would go faster.
He hasnt been able to use all the power he already has...why would he add more? In fact you might want to raise the exhaust ports on your heads Jack...There is power to be found there. Should take quite a bit of heat source away from the center head bolt as well as reduce heat to the outboard end head bolts. No one in prostock is lowering their exhaust ports or adding droop snoots... Bruce Driggers picked up notably going from std location to cut off exhaust.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:24 AM
Boost Engineer

I liked the concept simply because the packaging stuff you have to work around with most Turbo Cars. Has little to do with the specific head, more to do with where you put the mounting flange, Jack. With a Virgin set of castings a good welder could add that feature to a E-Head for example BUT probably it would be much more effort vs what it is real worth.

Tom Vaught

Rodney and Travis do NOT need that feature on their Turbo Car, for making power.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:55 AM
Suspended

I got a Question WHY are the Butlers pulling power out of there (TURBO) car to make it down the track and TURBO (Pro Mod) racers like Jegs, Brad Personett, etc. are getting down the track enough to run 5.70's at 255MPH. I'm just asking because I would really like to see a Pontiac Powered Door car run some. 5's

GTO George

Old 01-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Suspended

Quote:
In an hour, you will go thru a Bi-Polar mental change and be trashing people again
This one made me laugh out loud. Irony.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:20 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
I got a Question WHY are the Butlers pulling power out of there (TURBO) car to make it down the track and TURBO (Pro Mod) racers like Jegs, Brad Personett, etc. are getting down the track enough to run 5.70's at 255MPH. I'm just asking because I would really like to see a Pontiac Powered Door car run some. 5's
GTO George
Well I have an answer for you George, based on a conversation I had with Travis a while back.

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY

1) Brad P worked FOR Harry for 3 years. Harry is still supporting Brad P on some things.

2) Jegs has one of the largest aftermarket parts companies in the world.

3) Rodney and Travis are doing it on their own.

If you George step up and sponsor Travis and Rodney and buy a Brad P level Chassis and you pay for Harry's turbo engineering costs and latest level Turbos, then I think that Travis and Rodney could run in the ballpark with Brad P as I think Rodney is a very good driver and Travis has the knowledge to go fast but what is lacking is the funding.

Tom Vaught

I really don't expect you or any typical Pontiac guy to ever be able to support that kind of funding unless they hit a major Mega-Buck lottery payout.

You probably will at some point see Travis and Rodney run 5s, George but not the 255 mph numbers.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Suspended

Tom,
So what you are saying is they don't have the chassie to run 5.70"s. Isn't that a new car? If I had that type of money I'd have a NEW car, I would not give it to someone else.

GTO George

Old 01-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Tom,
So what you are saying is they don't have the chassie to run 5.70"s. Isn't that a new car? If I had that type of money I'd have a NEW car, I would not give it to someone else.

GTO George
No George, unfortunately not. They pasted a bunch of stuff from the old 65 GTO chassis on to this Tempest chassis and then added the 63 Tempest Body. (I might be simplifying things a bit but you get the idea, Not a Dillinger Chassis by a long way.)

Like Travis says, Bill M has the best chance of going into the mid 5s of any Pontiac out there today, and I agree. Bill M has a true state of the art 2012 level chassis.

Tom Vaught

Old 01-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Suspended

Well you know what they say......................If you want to PLAY with the BIG BOYS, you got to PAY like the BIG BOYS!

GTO George

Old 01-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Well you know what they say......................If you want to PLAY with the BIG BOYS, you got to PAY like the BIG BOYS!

GTO George
I also know that they say, "if your horse can't finish the race it has little chance of winning no matter how much it cost"

When your Big Boys stuff is in the pits, and the slower horses are running the race and winning, like Frank G did, all of that Big Boys stuff doesn't work.

That is what racing is all about George, as you well know. Being there at the end.
You have been pretty good on that concept the last few years in Quick 16 racing.

Tom Vaught

Old 01-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Suspended

What the heck does Frank G. have to do with anything. He is only running T/S class (bracket racing).

GTO George

Old 01-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Boost Engineer

Who won the Frantic 4 Race this year, George, and beat the "Big Bucks" Pro Stock car?

"if your horse can't finish the race it has little chance of winning no matter how much it cost"

Bill M, also with a "Big Bucks" Car,was not in the race, right, because his car, no matter how much IT cost did not make it to the final round race, either.

Tom Vaught

Old 01-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Suspended

?

GTO George

Old 01-06-2013, 04:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

um, the answer is frank.

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Suspended

No, the answer is Franks car is more of a Bracket car as opposed to the higher Horse Power ProStock car of KRE's.

GTO George

Old 01-06-2013, 05:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
No, the answer is Franks car is more of a Bracket car as opposed to the higher Horse Power ProStock car of KRE's.

GTO George
True, but he won because he could get down the track every pass.

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:05 PM
Suspended

That's why my car is what it is! :-)

GTO George

Old 01-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Suspended

So how far apart on et. is Franks "bracket" car from this " high horse power" killer? Doesnt look good in my opinion...

Old 01-06-2013, 05:29 PM
Suspended

Everyone has an opinion.............but about 1/2 sec. worth.

.................and we're off!

GTO George

Old 01-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Well you know what they say......................If you want to PLAY with the BIG BOYS, you got to PAY like the BIG BOYS! GTO George
I will repeat again my comments from above as some were not reading the words.

1) Frank came out to play with the "Big Boys", (the guys with the 1/2 second faster "Big Buck" Pro Stock car.
Who won, George?

2) Bill M. (for sure a "Big Boys" effort) did not run as fast as the Butler/ Quillen home built in a garage Turbo car. Who got down the track more times George?

3) Everyone, except you apparently, knows that at some point Bill's much better chassis and more tuning will allow him to run as good or hopefully better vs the Butler/Quillen home built garage car. We want to see some mid to high 5 ETs from a Pontiac Door Car.

4) "That's why my car is what it is! :-) GTO George"

Don't throw rocks about how someone should step up to the Big Boys or stay home when the home built garage car is closer in cost to your car vs the Bill M/ Dillinger State of the Art deal. You do not have the money, neither do the Butler/Quillen team. You are both doing the best with what you have.

Tom Vaught