THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 09-01-2017, 11:07 AM

Since almost all trailer tires are made in China today I would pay extra for the 6 lug 16 inch tires and install pressure monitors. It will save you from trying to change a blown tire along a busy interstate with 18 Wheelers blowing by 6 inches from your but. Been there-done that. Bob Smits

Old 09-01-2017, 03:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What are you going to haul on the trailer.........is it a show car or a beater
drag strip car? If it is a show car, be advised that if you don't have a high wall
across the front of the trailer, your tow vehicle will spray rocks at the nose of your car. Even if you have a front gravel guard wall, passing vehicles and even your trailer tires can throw rocks at the sides of the car and chip the paint, especially
in the rear quarter area. If you blow a tire, the rubber can fly up into the car and take out the side of the car destroying the paint and denting the sheet metal..........guess how I know all these things.....that's right, been there and done that. If you care about the cosmetics on the car you are hauling get an enclosed
trailer. A few years ago a tire that was only two years old blew out on my enclosed trailer and destroyed the fender and a six foot section of the outer trailer wall. If it
had been an open trailer my car would have been wiped out. My personal feeling
about open trailers is they are fine for hauling tractors and industrial equipment,
not for hauling show cars. Just my hard earned opinion after 35 years of trailering cars around.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:06 PM

Agree 100% re closed vs open trailer. Have you thought about where you are going to park your rig when you are on the road. .An open trailer is an invitation for theft or vandalism not to mention the protection from bad weather.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:09 PM

I noticed the Econo looks like it has about a 6 ft. tongue which seems unusual. Any thoughts on how that impacts things?

Old 09-11-2017, 08:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The trailer is very easy to maneuver and I've actually pushed it around on flat surfaces by myself. I bought my first one in 1993 and have backed it up driveways with hairpin turns, in between other trailers at shows, up ramps into commercial buildings and into my barn between cars. It's light enough that you will forget it's behind you empty and when loaded will not stress your truck at all. I kept my first one for 10 years, the others, since I've used them more, I've rotated out every 4 or 5.

I've always found that for maneuverability, a short wheelbase truck and a long wheelbase trailer allows you to back the trailer into any spot you want.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1407 (1280x960).jpg
Views:	41
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	463187   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5192.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	463188  

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 09-11-2017, 10:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

whatever you buy, I would highly recommend drop Axles .