WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 05-29-2005, 03:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David Jones:
Your opinion. So does he. You're entitled. So is he. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Opinion? LOL, he claims a lot of things and has YET to back up ANY of them and he "lost" his first username and had to create a new one named "Watza monaro" then he "claimed" to be an attorney yet can't scrape up the money to buy a digital camera and post pics of his "GTO".

Sorry, but the guy is a BS artist.
Old 05-29-2005, 04:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David Jones:
Your opinion. So does he. You're entitled. So is he. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you are correct. He is entitled to his opinion, and, his opionion is respected. However, after the broken-record, kazillionth rendition of his opinion, what has it changed or how has it helped anyone? Those of us who own a new goat certainly aren't offering any credence to "his" opinion. Those of you who don't own one don't want one, so exactly how is his opinion offering any contructive contribution to this forum? Pick any day throughout the last one to two years and you will find his repeated negative sentiments. It seems that most of us have respected his opinion, but he doesn't seem to think "our opinon" counts. At least when you state your opinion, it comes across as just that. When he states his, it's as though every other opinion is subordinate to his.

And this is MY opinion

PS Welcome back MRGTO. Hope you enjoyed your vacation. Got kind of quiet around here since you left. So when's the next episode of the David Jone/MRGTO show?
Old 05-29-2005, 08:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"Sorry, but the guy is a BS artist."

And if he is he is enjoying every minute of it. Because you guys let him.

"When he states his, it's as though every other opinion is subordinate to his."

Reminds me of another regular "contributor" to this forum. His GTO doesn't run and he doesn't own a new one either.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:30 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by steve kepecs:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Slapping a GTO badge on a Monaro doesn't make it a GTO anymore than slapping a Charger emblem on a 4 cylinder Mitsubishi with hemisperical heads make it a hemi Charger. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How about "slapping" a 350 or 400 horsepower mill into a PONTIAC GTO?! (The VIN says GTO,bub.) Don't be hate'in! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what about the new Z06 with a 427 in it with 500 hp ? there is always something better. this car is nothing like the origional car. everyone knows that when the first GTO came out within 12 months pretty much every car maker accept lincoln and caddy was making something to compete with the GTO. thats called a trend setter. everyone else followed and try to hang with it. now the new gto is some car that was thrown togeather with parts from australlia and chevy. and they slap a gto badge on it ? cmon
Old 05-30-2005, 04:49 AM

BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!
Old 05-30-2005, 05:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by what about the new Z06 with a 427 in it with 500 hp ? there is always something better. this car is nothing like the origional car. everyone knows that when the first GTO came out within 12 months pretty much every car maker accept lincoln and caddy was making something to compete with the GTO. thats called a trend setter. everyone else followed and try to hang with it. now the new gto is some car that was thrown togeather with parts from australlia and chevy. and they slap a gto badge on it ? cmon </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing like what original car? The C6? So tell us, which car competers with the GTO now? What car is a 2dr coup that has a 6spd, 400hp, 2+2 seating and can be had for $31K? Last time I checked, Holden was a much a division of GM as Pontiac is. Pontiac needed a new RWD car to base the GTO on. The Monaro was the only car that fit the bill. I guess you would have rather waited another 3 years with no RWD V8 powered anything. What part is Chevy again? It ain't the engine. The engine is GM Powertrain.

Let us all know when you lean about the things you claim to know about.

and FYI, all the 64 GTO was was a Tempest(already existing car) with a Big Car V8(already existing) and some fake scoops and some emblems.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

And the 64 was a BIG hit.

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:06 AM

OC Crusin. Do some research.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Uhhh, the context of my post was how could anybody claim to have known me if I was never there, not if such a place actually existed or not as you erroneously assumed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the heck are you talking about? What context? You made the statement that the OC cruise was just BS. Mr. Hall never claimed that you were there, he made the statement that others who attended the show say you are a troll, which in fact you are.

Learn how to comprehend what you read.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:59 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NikiVee1954:
OC Crusin. Do some research.

[QUOTE]Uhhh, the context of my post was how could anybody claim to have known me if I was never there, not if such a place actually existed or not as you erroneously assumed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You made the statement that the OC cruise was just BS.

Where did I say that dipstick? I'm sure the OC cruise is probably one of the finest in the country with some serious muscle on hand. Of course since I've never been there it wouldn't be fair for me to comment on it or make assumptions on the participants, now would it?
Old 06-01-2005, 03:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jeff R.:

Come on Red70, just post a pic already... The car can even be in pieces for all we care...

Yeah right. The GM Monaro Glee Club Elite would love to able have something of mine to pick apart and criticize. Just look at the comments on DJs Goat: " Is that your Dads car?" "Nice Chevelle", etc. No mistaking that clean bad ass ride for what it is: a GTO. BTW: My contention on this forum is not aimed at those who have purchased a 2004 / 2005 GTO but at those who feel by mere possession they are somehow more enlightened than those who oppose it as a GTO. If you bought the car because you like the looks of it, the performance and you enjoy driving it as a modern day musclecar then more power to you. I hope you enjoy every mile with many more to follow.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by red70goat:

Come on Red70, just post a pic already... The car can even be in pieces for all we care...

Yeah right. The GM Monaro Glee Club Elite would love to able have something of mine to pick apart and criticize. Just look at the comments on DJs Goat: " Is that your Dads car?" "Nice Chevelle", etc. No mistaking that clean bad ass ride for what it is: a GTO. BTW: My contention on this forum is not aimed at those who have purchased a 2004 / 2005 GTO but at those who feel by mere possession they are somehow more enlightened than those who oppose it as a GTO. If you bought the car because you like the looks of it, the performance and you enjoy driving it as a modern day musclecar then more power to you. I hope you enjoy every mile with many more to follow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The difference is that we are kidding with DJ about his dad's Chevelle.......

Keep digging...........

"I open up three deuces, I'm Never Coming Back!"

Old 06-01-2005, 04:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dad was a F*rd guy. Now at 78, we try to keep him from driving.

Old 06-01-2005, 04:53 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by red70goat:

Yeah right. The GM Monaro Glee Club Elite would love to able have something of mine to pick apart and criticize. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is the most lameass excuse I ever heard.
It's ok for you to "pick apart and criticize" our goats, but obviously you wouldn't like the same treatment.
What's that well known saying? ...... oh yeah, I remember ...... "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"
Old 06-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dad was a F*rd guy. Now at 78, we try to keep him from driving. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL......

"I open up three deuces, I'm Never Coming Back!"

Old 06-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Senior Chief

And the 64 was a BIG hit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite true. It was a big hit - as an option on an existing product line.

BTW: Does anyone know how sales are doing on the '05s? Are there a lot of them collecting dust on dealers lots?
Old 06-02-2005, 02:06 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Nothing like what original car? The C6? So tell us, which car competers with the GTO now? What car is a 2dr coup that has a 6spd, 400hp, 2+2 seating and can be had for $31K? Last time I checked, Holden was a much a division of GM as Pontiac is. Pontiac needed a new RWD car to base the GTO on. The Monaro was the only car that fit the bill. I guess you would have rather waited another 3 years with no RWD V8 powered anything. What part is Chevy again? It ain't the engine. The engine is GM Powertrain.

Let us all know when you lean about the things you claim to know about.

what did i claim to know about? that post of mine was common knowledge.

what part of the car is pontiac (other then the badge)? ive asked you this question i dont know how many times and i yet to have a answer. yeah i know about the 64 being a tempest with a bigger motor but all the parts were pontiac. why does a car have to be a 2 dr to compete? why does it have to be RWD ? i can name imports that have less cylinders that are just as fast if not faster (both 0-60 and 1/4mile), can handle better, you cant find a uglier car then the new GTO so its not hard to look better. that should be embarassing. keep on bragging about your 400 HP GTO but keep in mind that dont mean anything if a import can hang with if not beat the GTO in any area you want to compare. id love to tell Mr Clutz this
Old 06-02-2005, 02:15 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

i forgot that the new GTO's are imports. so i guess youd be comparing import to import. since when was a pontiac a import and not a domestic ?
Old 06-02-2005, 02:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by judge_jury_executioner_69:
what did i claim to know about? that post of mine was common knowledge.

what part of the car is pontiac (other then the badge)? ive asked you this question i dont know how many times and i yet to have a answer. yeah i know about the 64 being a tempest with a bigger motor but all the parts were pontiac. why does a car have to be a 2 dr to compete? why does it have to be RWD ? i can name imports that have less cylinders that are just as fast if not faster (both 0-60 and 1/4mile), can handle better, you cant find a uglier car then the new GTO so its not hard to look better. that should be embarassing. keep on bragging about your 400 HP GTO but keep in mind that dont mean anything if a import can hang with if not beat the GTO in any area you want to compare. id love to tell Mr Clutz this </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You continue to yap about things you have ZERO clue about. The VIN and Pontiac says it is a PONTIAC. What part of a 1982 Trans Am was a Pontiac? Same thing, the VIN and Pontiac saying it is.

Hey dummy, there will always be faster cars imported or not. Keep living in your Black hole dream world.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">as an option on an existing product line. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow

Newsflash.

Yah got me.

Old 06-02-2005, 06:10 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by judge_jury_executioner_69:
...what part of the car is pontiac (other then the badge)? ive asked you this question i dont know how many times and i yet to have a answer... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

&lt;Typing slowly so you won't miss it:&gt;

T h e w h o l e c a r !

News Flash: The world isn't the same as it was 40 years ago. That includes car manufacturing processes and sourcing. Hold your breath for the next 100% all-american car of any make or model. Or better yet... wait for a 100% 'Pontiac' vehicle.
25K miles and counting.....