Old 08-18-2015, 07:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
No longer listed in his signature Lloyd -
That's right, I'm no longer the owner of this gorgeous car. I couldn't be happier with her new home.

Old 08-18-2015, 08:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like she will be in an amazing array of muscle cars too....

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/ne...uilt/19344345/

Old 08-18-2015, 09:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Guess the color wasn't a keeper.................
WHEEEEEEEEE........

Old 08-18-2015, 11:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm not big on museum cars and would have liked to see her do a smokey burnout. That isn't happening now, but maybe the next one. Great job on Adrian to both Steve and Greg

Old 08-18-2015, 12:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default that cracked me up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird72 View Post
Guess the color wasn't a keeper.................
WHEEEEEEEEE........
....congrats 165TH on your "new" 1972 Lucy blue T/A...you did a fantastic job with ADRIAN and atleast now we all have something more in common with you instead of you and your 1 of 6!!...you restored her and with pictures of her all over the internet your legacy will live on in having the foresight to really get a special car done for us early TRANS AM owners...I really do like your new car though and I hope that you don't mind a photo request here and there of a detail that I may need to check out on the Lucerne Beauty...I do look forward to your photos that will be coming our way...yours is a Norwood car and so is mine...I need to get a new history sheet but they must have a lot in common as they were both built around the same time, possible same week (the week loaded Lucerne blue T/As were built)...I am going to watch you get settled with this new project and that's real nice with 35k original spirals,exhaust etc....the deluxe interior is sweet!!...really I am very happy for you!!!!

Last edited by transam1972; 08-18-2015 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you all for these very very kind comments!

Old 08-21-2015, 12:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My heart skipped a beat reading the news of the sale. I guess at the end of the day they are all a commodity to be bought and sold. Wow!

Congrats again to Greg and the team on the rescue and outstanding restoration of such a spectacular machine.

Old 08-21-2015, 06:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I would not necessarily call them a commodity to guys like us. I don't know about you but I get more joy out of the process of bringing the car back to original than I get out of owning it once it's done.

It's like a jigsaw puzzle - what do you do with it once it's complete?

Congrats on the new "project" and the sale of the old one.

You will find that it is a lot more difficult to preserve than it is to restore. ;-)

Old 08-21-2015, 07:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsteve View Post
I would not necessarily call them a commodity to guys like us. I don't know about you but I get more joy out of the process of bringing the car back to original than I get out of owning it once it's done.

It's like a jigsaw puzzle - what do you do with it once it's complete?
Similar sentiments here - finding the car, researching the details, finding the parts, the excitement of pulling up with the empty trailer or meeting the transport are often erased by the nuisance associated with moving another car out of the way to pull out the one you want to drive, then finding it's out of gas, tune or has a dead battery.

The idea of owning cool old cars is often replaced with the reality of keeping old cars in running condition.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 08-21-2015, 10:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Comments and sentiments are all spot on. The work and due diligence is so rewarding. I'm very happy with how the project came together, and am ready to dive into the next one.

Adrian will be shown one last time in Emory Texas on September 12 at the 18th annual Classics Round the Square show. This is the town where she did most of her street fighting back in the day. I hope to see some of you there!

Here's the artwork for this years T-shirts :

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bfe_front_2015s.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	246.5 KB
ID:	406127  

Old 09-08-2015, 08:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

By the way, when it comes time to repaint my Gramma's '75 Firebird, it is going from the current, non-original Lucerne Blue to a prettier, non-original Adriatic Blue. I love that color!

Old 09-09-2015, 07:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsteve View Post
By the way, when it comes time to repaint my Gramma's '75 Firebird, it is going from the current, non-original Lucerne Blue to a prettier, non-original Adriatic Blue. I love that color!
We used PPG DBC2000. The shop line had a more blue hue to it than the DBC which reads more 'slate' maybe is a good word to use. We wanted to be sure the distinction from Lucerne Blue was obvious. Glad you like it!

Here's a comparison to a dirty lacquered Lucy Blue. I'll try to get some better outdoor pics of both cars in the coming weeks once the Lucy car is cleaned up a little.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6106ss.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	219.0 KB
ID:	407694  

Old 09-09-2015, 07:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 165th View Post
Comments and sentiments are all spot on. The work and due diligence is so rewarding. I'm very happy with how the project came together, and am ready to dive into the next one.

Adrian will be shown one last time in Emory Texas on September 12 at the 18th annual Classics Round the Square show. This is the town where she did most of her street fighting back in the day. I hope to see some of you there!

Here's the artwork for this years T-shirts :

Just a reminder, Adrian will be on display at the annual Classics Round the Square show in Emory TX this weekend. I hope to see many of you from the Dallas area at the show Saturday. Also, I know a few folks from HTown are coming up too.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 165th View Post
We used PPG DBC2000. The shop line had a more blue hue to it than the DBC which reads more 'slate' maybe is a good word to use. We wanted to be sure the distinction from Lucerne Blue was obvious. Glad you like it!

Here's a comparison to a dirty lacquered Lucy Blue. I'll try to get some better outdoor pics of both cars in the coming weeks once the Lucy car is cleaned up a little.
It is the silvery, blue-ness (if that's a word?) that I like about it. I've always been a fan of "metallic baby-blanket blue". Very close to the one-year only color of my 1995 diesel 3/4 ton Suburban (Atlantic Blue). Ignore the rollback - that was when the headgasket blew - it's the only photo of the color I have. I bought this truck new in '95 and still have it!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	suburban towed .jpg
Views:	106
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	407697  

Old 09-09-2015, 09:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

6.5 turbo, that engine sure caused gm to lose a bunch of customers. how many miles did it have when the head gasket failed?

Old 09-09-2015, 01:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_collector View Post
6.5 turbo, that engine sure caused gm to lose a bunch of customers. how many miles did it have when the head gasket failed?
123,000. Happened when trailering the SD to MCACN a couple years ago. What an adventure that was! Good truck otherwise. (Now that the headgasket is fixed) It's a 6.5 design defect due to the coolant passage being too close to the rear cylinders and oil drainback hole in the ends of the block. Always blows out by the back of the block where the coolant flow is less and the temps are higher.

Old 09-09-2015, 06:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

how many lift and injector pumps has it gone thru?

Old 09-09-2015, 07:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Three injection pumps in the first five years, under warranty. Once I relocated the PMD box (pump mounted injection pump driver) off of the injection pump to behind the front bumper, the problem of overheating electronics went away completely (but GM refused to believe that and denied that a problem existed for years until they got sued and extended to warranty).

I consider the lift pumps a maintenance item every few years. They are a ten minute swap out. Once I replaced the fuel tank and dirty strainer a couple years ago, the lift pumps lasted a lot longer.

It has been my Quixote-ian quest to keep this baby running. When my daughter was born she came home in this truck. Same thing with my son. When My daughter went to college, we brought her in this truck...my son too if I can keep it on the road another decade or so.

Here's a great website for the 6.5 fans: http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-...diesel-engine/

Sorry for the thread hijack! But it is an (almost) Adriatic Blue vehicle!

Old 09-09-2015, 10:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I drive fords today because of the 6.5 turd diesel. they treated me so badly on that truck which started having problems with the git go. then with somewhere around 32k miles they just decided not to honor the warranty anymore. I threatened to take Chevrolet to court over it and they laughed at me and said I didn't have enough money to do it. well 8 years or so later of fighting I beat their azz in court and they had to pay up. I cant begin to tell you how many guys I know that are driving fords and some dodges because of the way they treated me and how I continue to this day to try and get people not to drive gm trucks.

Old 09-10-2015, 06:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This thread been jacked...