Old 01-12-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry H.
I like original cars as much or more than anyone, but this car, even though original, is not very presentable. There is a big difference between good original paint and original paint that is in dire need of a respray. Someone mentioned it still had the 'Wide Ovals' on it. Sure, with 60k on them. They may be the original ones that were taken off and stored all these years, or repops. I dunno. IMO, the car needs a 50k resto to be at its top value. Then what is it's top value? 125-150 maybe? I don't see it bringing 100k in its present condition. That being said, It would be a nice piece to own at the right price.
That car needs at least a 75k resto (unless you do it on your own time) maybe a 100 but it will be worth more than 150 in my opinion.
Fall Mecum 1 of the 14 69 TH 400 conv. RAIVs went for 300k before fees. Although that had a better color and buckets, this a four speed. If a hemicuda convertible is worth 7 figures shouldn't the ultimate pontiac droptop be worth 25% of that?

Just my $.02

JOHN

Old 01-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Suspended

the car at mecum also was not matching numbers,hood tach in wrong place,gloss black under hood and chassis.also left lead lines open by the trunk and then painted it that way.supposedly restored by one of the BEST in the country.color also looked off on car.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Question Why...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin
I've gotta 67 Sprint 6 Hood Tach. 6500 redline. REDLINE. lol

Also have these documents for this 69 IV Vert. Must have gotten them from previous auction ... or somewhere.

Car has a few quirks. I wondered about radio buttons too. A few things may have been upgraded or altered. Like a wood wheel and an AM-FM stereo with chrome buttons, maybe.

Also thought I saw evidence of two groove/pwr steer pulleys on engine. But no belt.

It might have had pwr steering added to it. And since been removed. Or ?
the "overseas" manifest? Do you know "the rest of the story"? Just curious. Ron

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I didn't etch it into memory.

But seems like it was ordered by a (ranking) military officer who was stationed somewhere other than USA and other than Vietnam. When he came back to the States, Car came with him.

I think the seller included a brief history in a previous auction.

Then again ..... I might be criss-crossing stories. It happens sometimes when I don't apply full interest.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just rechecked auction status. Ended - no bids again.

Maybe they should start it out at $5000 and see where bids stop. Just to get an idea of what market will bear. Be a better way to spend the $50.

Old 01-23-2008, 03:53 PM

it's back again! someone better buy it this time, price keeps dropping, I think last year he started out at $350k, not sure what the reserve is but at least he dropped the starting price $30k

Old 01-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's the link. The starting bid is now $70k.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-...em330206728717