Old 01-23-2008, 12:46 PM

Thanks guys for posting the pictures of my car. The 2nd picture from the left is not my car. It was a car that Paul did before mine. You can tell if you look at the 3rd picture. I can say it enough. Thanks,

Chris

Old 01-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooch
Ok options on my phs:
4BBL R/A IV
SAF-T-TR-HD
The Judge
4 SP CLO TRA
Radio-P/B
Mats-FL-FRT
Thanks,
Chris
I'd call that a 2 option Ram IV Judge.

Subject is about Judges, so I wouldn't count Judge option. Thats the prequisite.

The IV factor is automatically 3 more options, since you had to order/pay for either TH400 or M21, and you had to upgrade to STT HD (3.90). I'd call 4.33 an option though.

All of that fits under the IV Judge "roof" - so far.

Then you're left with Frt Mats and AM Radio.

STRIPPER !

Old 01-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool Not quite what I would call a stripper, but...

Black/Red 70 RAIII 4spd Judge

MLDG-WHL-OPN
4 SPD TRANS
RADIO P/B
SPEAKER R/ST
MIRROR-REMOT
MATS-FL-FRT
MATS-FL-REAR
GLASS-S/R-AL
THE JUDGE
G70x14 WW FG
CONSOLE
SPG SHKS-R/H

No hood tach, no gauges, no safe-t-track, no power steering, no power brakes...

White wall tires on a black/red '70 Judge...must have been some pretty good drugs when this was ordered.

Last edited by 2manyponchos; 01-24-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The IV factor is automatically 3 more options, since you had to order/pay for either TH400 or M21, and you had to upgrade to STT HD (3.90). I'd call 4.33 an option though.

BVZ, as I mentioned above, I have never seen any PHS's w/o STT on a RAIV w/3.90's, yet according to the '69 Service Manual, it was the std diff (3.90 open rear - WK)..Was there an error or a Service Bulletin that came out shortly after printing of the Service Manual that forced the STT on all RAIVs (3.90s or 4.33s)???

Old 01-24-2008, 11:52 AM

My Judge was built the 3 week of April 1969. I bought the car the 3 week of April in 2006.

Chris

Old 01-24-2008, 05:39 PM

2manyponchos
Paul as a pictrue of your car on his web site.
http://www.fastrestorations.com/page4.html

Do you have any more?

Old 01-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by robz
...Was there an error or a Service Bulletin that came out shortly after printing of the Service Manual that forced the STT-HD on all RAIVs (3.90s or 4.33s)???
Idunno - thought all 68-70 L67 required mandatory STT-HD.

Maybe the 3.90 open rear was for 6cylinder cars or sumpn.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin
Idunno - thought all 68-70 L67 required mandatory STT-HD.

Maybe the 3.90 open rear was for 6cylinder cars or sumpn.
Not sure how it is read..Anyone have a copy of Service manual handy to compare?
It states all GTO's with RAIV with either M21 or M40..has as std a 3.90, yet same row also has Lemans/Tempest/Custom w/3 spd and 6 cyl...Maybe you're right then.

Could it be that even though they list Open and STT as a possible option on that row it doesn't mean both are available or no dependencies are mentioned here (ie: for GTO only STT)???

Z

Old 01-24-2008, 11:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyponchos
Black/Red 70 RAIII 4spd Judge

MLDG-WHL-OPN
4 SPD TRANS
RADIO P/B
SPEAKER R/ST
MIRROR-REMOT
MATS-FL-FRT
MATS-FL-REAR
GLASS-S/R-AL
THE JUDGE
G70x14 WW FG
CONSOLE
SPG SHKS-R/H

No hood tach, no gauges, no safe-t-track, no power steering, no power brakes...

White wall tires on a black/red '70 Judge...must have been some pretty good drugs when this was ordered.
any idea on how many black / red judges were made? i have one i bought many years ago (when it had only 35 or 36k on it and only has 50 something now) that is a 4 speed, tach/gauges, no ps no pb no a/c pretty stripped. mine is totally unmolested down to the original foam on the ram air pans and has red ram air decals on it.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_collector
I have one i bought many years ago (when it had only 35 or 36k on it and only has 50 something now) ...pretty stripped. mine is totally unmolested down to the original foam on the ram air pans and has RED ram air decals on it.
Interesting, what determined sticker color? The worker on the line? I assumed that car would have white R/A decals.

My site... needs updated-
www.fastrestorations.com

68 GTO's (RA II, RA I, HO, convert, Pro Street, Racecar, etc.), 2 69 GTO Judges, 70 GTO racecar -10.77 @ 124mph, 68 Tempest survivor, 3 03 Aztecs!
Old 01-25-2008, 01:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

On 69 Carousel Red Judges the Hood Stickers seem to follow the interior color on Parchment and Black interior Cars.

I would guess on a build like this - the stripe technician would make his own call if he felt like it. It would seem more fitting to have Red on the hood if it came with Red-Yellow stripe pkg on a Black 70.

With Pink and Blue pkg on Black, I think they normally used White decals on Hood. Could have been a Judgement call since it had Red interior trying to pop out from inside.

Just by a picture - these sort of look White on the Hood. I dunno. Not my Car.

I think this may perhaps be the Car that MC is mentioning... oops maybe. Sure looks good no matter - for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAR tulsa III-4spd.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	120025  

Old 01-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

On 69 Carousel Red Judges the Hood Stickers seem to follow the interior color on Parchment and Black interior Cars.

I thought that too, but have seen alot of variations/inconsistencies where Black/White were used randomly..I know ads are not a good example of what was done in factory but this Judge ad and a few old/original pics I had seen (along with a couple of original CR Judges) had same RA sticker/int combo...Not really sure who/what determined what to use as sticker color...Anyone with Service bulletin or even maybe Assembly book for '69???
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	62e2_1.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	120044   Click image for larger version

Name:	judgeboys.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	120045  

Old 01-25-2008, 07:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I bought a no option 69 GTO Judge out of a guys backyard in St Thomas, Ontario the spring of 1991.
PHS had 3 option
The Judge
AM radio
Extra Antifreeze
Thats it!
I refered to this car as a pure Judge because that is exactly what it was, manual steering,manual brakes,HD 3 speed on floor with no console,no guages,no hood tach and no posi.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:39 PM

I have a black interior and my hood decal ram air IV is white.
Should they have been black?
Thanks,
Chris

Old 01-25-2008, 11:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Don't sweat it Hooch. Put whatever color you want and call it right, you own it.

Promos don't always mimmic production, and production didn't always mimmic itself from plant to plant, month to month. And then there is the subjective of who stood guard over these cars from day one until we finally saw them to insure the decals were never changed at some time for any reason. Then there is always at least one or a hundred and one oddballs. So ..... some folks like to stick with specifics and details found in promo pix.

Of the very few all original 69 Carousel Red 69's I've experienced in person, the Hood sticker followed the interior color on Black and Parchment.

Very good pic for example of a completely consistent patina, original Carousel paint and decals, Black interior 1C Atlanta.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Crown 2007 144.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	120110   Click image for larger version

Name:	Crown 2007 149.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	120111  

Last edited by Baron Von Zeppelin; 01-25-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin

I would guess on a build like this - the stripe technician would make his own call if he felt like it. It would seem more fitting to have Red on the hood if it came with Red-Yellow stripe pkg on a Black 70.

With Pink and Blue pkg on Black, I think they normally used White decals on Hood. Could have been a Judgement call since it had Red interior trying to pop out from inside.

Just by a picture - these sort of look White on the Hood. I dunno. Not my Car.

I think this may perhaps be the Car that MC is mentioning... oops maybe. Sure looks good no matter - for sure.
BVZ you are correct, that is my car. hard to believe that picture was taken in the mid eighties. car was parked right after that was taken and hasnt been driven since.