WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 12-06-2004, 10:55 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by whatza monaro??:

Beavis and LutzHead. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Learn how to use the quote function jackass troll.

Oh now c'mon, admit it. That's funny.
And FYI, you're wrong yet again. SHOCKER! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-06-2004, 12:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ripping on a troll about using the quote function, that is the best one yet! Good one Mr. GTO.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by humbler:
Ripping on a troll about using the quote function, that is the best one yet! Good one Mr. GTO. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Define a troll. Is it somebody who doesn't jump on the GM Monaro bandwagon? Wants Retro cues? If your beloved hero and mentor Bob Lutz decides that the new GTO should be recognizable as a GTO and not an import does that make him a troll? What about GMs' decision to add hood scoops ( which I'm against by the way...they are on everthing now, spoilers too ), does that make the designers at Pontiac trolls? Anybody that buys a GTO in 2007 will be a troll. You people in the GM Monaro Glee Club will have to move to Australia to feel at home. And take your GM Monaros with you.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:10 PM
Senior Chief

There is very little Pontiac substance from a materials point of view, in the new GTO. But it is everything the original was, only better! Styling is a matter of taste, everyone has an opinion.Even "GM Monaro", Momma's boy, like Whatza matta u, er' I mean Whatza Monaro.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Randy W:
There is very little Pontiac substance from a materials point of view, in the new GTO. But it is everything the original was, only better! Styling is a matter of taste, everyone has an opinion.Even "GM Monaro", Momma's boy, like Whatza matta u, er' I mean Whatza Monaro. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know about "everything the original was" because there is nothing from the original on the GM Monaro. And yes, it is certinly better than something that was manufactured 30-40 yrs. ago. Huge accomplishment in the land of Beavis and Lutzhead.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by whatza monaro??:

I don't know about "everything the original was" because there is nothing from the original on the GM Monaro. And yes, it is certinly better than something that was manufactured 30-40 yrs. ago. Huge accomplishment in the land of Beavis and Lutzhead. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, what part of the Corvette or the Mustang came on the original that is still being used now?
Old 12-06-2004, 06:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr_GTO:

I don't know about "everything the original was" because there is nothing from the original on the GM Monaro. And yes, it is certinly better than something that was manufactured 30-40 yrs. ago. Huge accomplishment in the land of Beavis and Lutzhead. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, what part of the Corvette or the Mustang came on the original that is still being used now? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

uhhh, parts??? Where did that come from? No mistaking the 'Vette or 'Stang for another car. And where in my post did I say anything about original "parts"?????
Old 12-06-2004, 06:34 PM

To whatza Monaro:
I have read your posts and the replies to your posts for the last week or so and I can honestly say that you deserve all the flack that comes your way.
I think that you should really think carefully and read your past postings before you do your "quickfire replies".
Do you know what day it is? Do you know what you said yesterday? Do you know the difference between "part" and "parts"?
I think your mommy should limit your time on the forum and make you do your "homework".
:-)
Old 12-06-2004, 07:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ozzy:
To whatza Monaro:
I have read your posts and the replies to your posts for the last week or so and I can honestly say that you deserve all the flack that comes your way.
I think that you should really think carefully and read your past postings before you do your "quickfire replies".
Do you know what day it is? Do you know what you said yesterday? Do you know the difference between "part" and "parts"?
I think your mommy should limit your time on the forum and make you do your "homework".
:-) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What flack. I'm having fun.

"Forgive the Putzs' for they know not what they buy"
Old 12-06-2004, 07:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

seems like a lot more people here know more about cars thats Lutz, they had all the chances in the world. the car is powerful, and refined but the average idiot can't tell its a hot car, good for the wanna be sleepers, but obviously not good for sales. i respect the car as a car but not as a goat. Why defend a car that stands for F-U to it's loyal enthusiast. Ozzy how many vintage pontiacs have you owned, including the late F-body? You seem to lack a true indian heart
Old 12-06-2004, 07:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by disc0monkey:
seems like a lot more people here know more about cars thats Lutz, they had all the chances in the world. the car is powerful, and refined but the average idiot can't tell its a hot car, good for the wanna be sleepers, but obviously not good for sales. i respect the car as a car but not as a goat. Why defend a car that stands for F-U to it's loyal enthusiast. Ozzy how many vintage pontiacs have you owned, including the late F-body? You seem to lack a true indian heart <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's interesting these folks in the GM Monaro Glee Club are quick to call somebody a troll or some other sophmoric name if a person doesn't like how GM butchered the GTO. Even if you agree the GM Monaro is a fine car but some retro cues would have been in order then you are labeled a purist or old school. Yet, they never offer any constructive ideas or solutions of their own as to how to enhance the appeal of this car. THEY deserve all the flack they get. " Forgive Mr. Lutz. He knows not what they want."
Old 12-06-2004, 07:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

how can u be a true pontiac fan and be 100% behind the monero/gto
Old 12-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Senior Chief

Still haven't answer my question 24 hours later. What body in your infinite wisdom should Lutz have used. What you want would have put the car at $50K and then would that be keeping with GTO tradition? By not answering the question you are proving yourselves useless to any meaningful debate. Answer the question: What body, Pontiac, GM, Japanese, Australian or otherwise should GM have used? Answer the question. You can't because then your true GTO knowledge will be revealed as nil (oh wait a minute, Champ already showed that you know nothing about GTO's and might actually have purchased a Canadian inspired LeMans immitation of a 70 Goat). LOL on that one Champ.

Back to the point: Answer the question, whatza, goathead or any other '04 haters out there. WHAT BODY?
Old 12-06-2004, 08:19 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by disc0monkey:
seems like a lot more people here know more about cars thats Lutz, they had all the chances in the world. the car is powerful, and refined but the average idiot can't tell its a hot car, good for the wanna be sleepers, but obviously not good for sales. i respect the car as a car but not as a goat. Why defend a car that stands for F-U to it's loyal enthusiast. Ozzy how many vintage pontiacs have you owned, including the late F-body? You seem to lack a true indian heart <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems like a lot of people here THINK they know more about cars than Lutz. Just like people THINK they know more about football than football coaches or whatever.
Sad fact is they don't. They have an opinion and that's all it is.... an opinion.
Is my opinion better than yours? No. Is your bitchin' about the new GTO going to change anything? No.
Let's agree to agree that the new "GTO" is by far the most powerful GTO that Pontiac has ever put out.
So what if the "average idiot can't tell that it's a hot car" As long as we the owners know what it is capable of, then what is the problem?
Are all you loyalists so into vehicular narcissism that you can't see the wood for the trees?
By the way, I have owned two firebirds and a Trans Am WS6.
The 02 TA WS6 was traded in for the 04 gto.
Without a doubt the best decision I ever made... the 04 GTO out performs the TA in everyway.
Why defend a car that says "F U to it's loyal enthusiasts"?
First of all I don't think Pontiac is sayin' F U (just a few mis guided "loyalists" feel that way)
Second,The car defends itself.... just go out there and drive one and you'll see what I mean.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:32 PM
Senior Chief

Ozzy, these '04 nay-sayers are like the kid who wouldn't try chocolate ice cream because it looked different than vanilla. They have no idea what they are missing. Us actual '04 owners know what its like to be behind the wheel. When you are cruising down the road at 100 MPH in a factory car and step on the gas and it STILL puts you back in your seat, you know you've got power. When I take curves at 50 that my 2000 Firebird could only handle at 35, I know I've got handling. I have my invoice and 54% of my car was made in Australia. So what, the rest was made in America (Canada and the U.S.). And, last time I checked, GM gets all the profits either way.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ozzy:

Seems like a lot of people here THINK they know more about cars than Lutz. Just like people THINK they know more about football than football coaches or whatever.
Sad fact is they don't. They have an opinion and that's all it is.... an opinion.
Is my opinion better than yours? No. Is your bitchin' about the new GTO going to change anything? No.
Let's agree to agree that the new "GTO" is by far the most powerful GTO that Pontiac has ever put out.
So what if the "average idiot can't tell that it's a hot car" As long as we the owners know what it is capable of, then what is the problem?
Are all you loyalists so into vehicular narcissism that you can't see the wood for the trees?
By the way, I have owned two firebirds and a Trans Am WS6.
The 02 TA WS6 was traded in for the 04 gto.
Without a doubt the best decision I ever made... the 04 GTO out performs the TA in everyway.
Why defend a car that says "F U to it's loyal enthusiasts"?
First of all I don't think Pontiac is sayin' F U (just a few mis guided "loyalists" feel that way)
Second,The car defends itself.... just go out there and drive one and you'll see what I mean. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i did try it, if u did ready any posts here you would know that. the GTO actually does not out perform the WS6, dont know what was wrong with yours maybe it was a auto with stock stall. Also i feel like a broken record and i think Tom V most likely does, constantly repeating this because u people find it impossible to comprehend...Pontiac buried themselves when they said they were looking for a new market of buyers and were not looking to please the old-school crowd and/or loyal owners...(i hate to say it) unlike ford that works with their supporters.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

dont even get me started on comparing styling of the WS6 and the GTO
Old 12-06-2004, 09:39 PM
Senior Chief

disc0monkey wrote: the GTO actually does not out perform the WS6.

You are so full of it. You are looking at published numbers. My stock '04 does 0-60 in 5 flat, not the 5.3 that is published and many others have turned 5.1x's. You will need to step up to the Firehawk to better that and then its not garanteed. And cornering wise the '04 will eat the WS6 alive. And you can have all the Fords you want...I'll shut them down too.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

to late

Old 12-06-2004, 09:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rabon:
disc0monkey wrote: the GTO actually does not out perform the WS6.

You are so full of it. You are looking at published numbers. My stock '04 does 0-60 in 5 flat, not the 5.3 that is published and many others have turned 5.1x's. You will need to step up to the Firehawk to better that and then its not garanteed. And cornering wise the '04 will eat the WS6 alive. And you can have all the Fords you want...I'll shut them down too. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you will not shut down a WS6...sorry if you want to compare bullcrap articles the WS6 is rated very, very low 13s, while the new GTO is rated mid to high 13s. There are a few very good drivers mixed with very fast freaks that run a 13.1 on this forum. although there are some WS6 or SSs that were found to hit 12s in perfect conditions. You people are so very stupid, same motor, slightly different cam, and the gto is much heavier. Also good luck with that independent rear suspension for the track. WTF is going through your head? Come on dude, the gto is a nice car, handles well with a good ride, but get real. Have you gone to the track? You personally with YOUR car, lets see slips big man