Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 12-21-2012, 03:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponjohn View Post
Did the APD head start as an as cast head or did it have previous port work?

... no, it was an as cast HP ...

Old 12-21-2012, 03:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535 tall deck View Post
must be a misprint, you said "vacation" LOL

nice numbers btw

... yeah right ?? ... it is nice to relax a bit, but thank you ...

Old 12-21-2012, 04:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammertime Mike View Post
Nice numbers Bill !! That port job should make for a nice stump pulling street/strip motor.

... thanks Mike, i look forward to cutting these heads on the CNC machine ...

Old 12-21-2012, 04:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
If Bill got 380cfm with just a valve job on the heads, then my hats off to him. That is impressive. But I don't think that is what he did.
Nothing was said until GreatGTO made is usual BS comments so I asked what makes Bill's port different from the others already offered. I think that is a reasonable question isn't? And I gave my opinion about raising the runner, a lot of cost for not much return.

... no, this was not just my valve job, but this shape is not what you would expect to see in a HP, as for me filling the floor or not, why do you seem to care or have reacted so much towards me doing that ? ... what difference does it make to you EC ?? ... are you telling me i'm not allowed to raise the floor unless you think it's a good idea or something ? ...

... c'mon, you are not a head porter, but yet you are trying to act like you are, and i'm not attacking you EC, i'm just pointing out the fact that "it seems" because you paid a very talented individual to port your heads & intake, does not make you a head porter, so please stop telling me what i should or should not do to a head that i am working on based on your opinion, and please dont reference what my costs will be for such a modification until i've stated what it will cost first, if i want to raise the floor, i will, but this particular port, i am the one that set that limitation on myself to try and keep costs down for this CNC package ...

... i set limitations for specific reasons, (std pushrod,small valve,no fill) ... std pushrod is obvious, limits cost, small valve allows for a smaller bore, and that bore could also limit displacement, which can limit the need for larger CSA through the port ...

Last edited by twinturrbo406; 12-21-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by R 70 Judge View Post
Great job, Bill. Did you get a baseline without any porting? That way you can see how much you picked up?

... the untouched HP flowed almost 340cfm on our bench ...

Old 12-21-2012, 04:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueghoast View Post
Whats that old saying; If you do what every body else does
you'll be as fast as they are. Thats the reason for going
passed that point. Testing it's whats for dinner. LOL

GT.

... i agree 100% ...

Old 12-21-2012, 04:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
LOL, Dave's motor isn't close to 16.5-1, but with the superior cooling of the cv1 head I don't see why it can't go 19-1

... this thread is not about CV-1's Jack ...

Old 12-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/st 54 View Post
That is a VERY TRUE statement!!!!! Do you think Warren Johnson got to where he's at by thinking inside the box?Ill take that a bit further Do you think Greg Anderson would have won multiple pro stock championships by thinking along the same lines Warren if he still worked for him?

Keep up the good work Bill!
I appreciate the work you do. Thanks for helpin me out! You did a great job on my heads last year and hopefully I can show some timeslips that back up my dyno #'s.

... thank you Jason ...

Old 12-21-2012, 05:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturrbo406 View Post
... no, this was not just my valve job, but this shape is not what you would expect to see in a HP, as for me filling the floor or not, why do you seem to care or have reacted so much towards me doing that ? ... what difference does it make to you EC ?? ... are you telling me i'm not allowed to raise the floor unless you think it's a good idea or something ? ...

... c'mon, you are not a head porter, but yet you are trying to act like you are, and i'm not attacking you EC, i'm just pointing out the fact that because you paid a very talented individual to port your heads & intake, does not make you a head porter, so please stop telling me what i should or should not do to a head that i am working on based on your opinion, and please dont reference what my costs will be for such a modification until i've stated what it will cost first, if i want to raise the floor, i will, but this particular port, i am the one that set that limitation on myself to try and keep costs down for this CNC package ...

... i set limitations for specific reasons, (std pushrod,small valve,no fill) ... std pushrod is obvious, limits cost, small valve allows for a smaller bore, and that bore could also limit displacement, which can limit the need for larger CSA through the port ...
No I am not a head port, and I never said what your cost will be, I asked about the added charge vs the return. Not telling you how to port just wondering why fill the floors is all. If you can find a customer willing to pay for it then by all means do it. In an all out application it makes sense to me for a street/strip engine to me it doesn't is all.
Good luck with the head and I am sure the customer will be happy and that is all that matters.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I do a lot of racing to back up the sayn

I didn't bash anyones "business" or side jobs. Just most people in here get tired of the expensive vacuum cleaner number racing.

Happy Kwanza!

... Jack, when i'm working on a new head, or port, or whatever, all i'm doing is showing people where i'm at with it, i dont make retarded claims, or predictions do i ?? ...

... you do not own this forum Jack, and you are not my mentor,judge, or warden and i dont need or want your approval on anything ...

... and you bash everything i do by the way, you say people are tired of the 'Vacuum Racing' ?? ... i can assure you there are just as many, if not more that have grown tired of your 'Hot Air Machine' ...

... what are you even doing in a thread that i started ?? ... you know you bring nothing but negativity, disrespect and argument with you ?? ... all you do is run your mouth and try to poke people (or myself) in the eye when the threads have anything to do with CV-1's or myself, do you not ?? ... You really think these people dont see that you have a hard-on for me Jack ?? You cant be that stupid ?? ... i dont follow you around in almost every thread you start, making DS posts about what you do, or dont do for a living ?? do i ?? ...

... my customers and myself will get my work on the track according to their schedules, not yours, so stop asking, it's really that simple ...

Old 12-21-2012, 05:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
No I am not a head port, and I never said what your cost will be, I asked about the added charge vs the return. Not telling you how to port just wondering why fill the floors is all. If you can find a customer willing to pay for it then by all means do it. In an all out application it makes sense to me for a street/strip engine to me it doesn't is all.
Good luck with the head and I am sure the customer will be happy and that is all that matters.

... i never said anything about street/strip ... but you are answering your own question EC, i just said that i set that limitation on myself with this head, because it would add more cost, hence the (not allowed) statement i made, i think filling the floor will help this head, regardless of street/strip or not, but i wouldn't because we are trying to keep costs down, but if the customer wants it because i think it will help, then i will do it ...

... so in all, i think we agree here, that's why i did not fill the floor on this port ... but that doesn't mean i wont try it just to see what happens ... i have 3 more ports in this "work piece" head to play with, the wide port version will come later ...

Old 12-21-2012, 05:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just so we all know...what is EC?

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post
Just so we all know...what is EC?
Lol, its my user name on pz. Bill likes it.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Lol, its my user name on pz. Bill likes it.

... yeah, it's what i knew you by first i guess, and your bird is not slow, so to me EC is a better fit ... (extra cash) ...

Old 12-21-2012, 06:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
... i never said anything about street/strip ... but you are answering your own question EC, i just said that i set that limitation on myself with this head, because it would add more cost, hence the (not allowed) statement i made, i think filling the floor will help this head, regardless of street/strip or not, but i wouldn't because we are trying to keep costs down, but if the customer wants it because i think it will help, then i will do it ...

... so in all, i think we agree here, that's why i did not fill the floor on this port ... but that doesn't mean i wont try it just to see what happens ... i have 3 more ports in this "work piece" head to play with, the wide port version will come later ...
Anything with the pushrods in the stock location is street/strip to me, so yes I brought that up.
Your moved pushrod version i'm sure will flow big, look forward to hearing those numbers.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
... yeah, it's what i knew you by first i guess, and your bird is not slow, so to me EC is a better fit ... (extra cash) ...
That was funny Bill, I like that "extra cash", wish I had some.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Bruce like you saying these flow numbers were done with just a valve job (post 16) or you saying my ports were/are epoxied and raised (post 33)? Seems like there are a couple of uninformed or ignorant or full of yourself people in here. Just saying
Did I not have question marks on those statements? Thats on purpose slowbird because I wasnt 100% on that. Thank you for informing me later in your follow up post, I should have acknowledged your informing me.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
That was funny Bill, I like that "extra cash", wish I had some.
... ...

Old 12-21-2012, 07:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I do a lot of racing to back up the sayn
What you've been sayin about Bill or CV1 stuff has nothing to do with your Racing. Plain and simple you talk sh*t about Bill or cv1 every chance you get, regardless of any truth to your statements.

Quote:
I didn't bash anyones "business" or side jobs. Just most people in here get tired of the expensive vacuum cleaner number racing.

Happy Kwanza!
No... not Jack...he dont bash nothin... Really??? Never ridicules anyone either...yeah ok mr checkbook bottle racer.

Just remember Jack... once a racer always a racer. You want to imply through your snide comments I'm not a racer, go ahead.

Hope you dont get forced to park for awhile due to circumstances beyond your control.
You criticize me for that, I'll have no mercy criticizing you, if you are ever caught in a situation like I was.

Lose 10" height, 95 Lbs, come back from stage 4 Multiple Myeloma and lose 2/3 household income at the same time. Try not being able to play with your kids for awhile the way a dad should be able to. Even a hug could be excruciating and pain killers dont let you be the person you really are. Cant play in the park with them, cant take them hiking fishing or a bike ride...not something you'd like to go thru Jack.
My height is not coming back...I'm permanantly bent in the middle of my spine from multiple spine fractures...(I walked into the hospital with my spine broke Jack) I got back about 40lbs...I'm functional way beyond what I could have hoped for... My household income is getting back to where I can start building another car...and I'll be racing once again.... Dont think I'll make Norwalk this year but I will get back out eventually Jack. I started racing at the track 42 years ago. I slowed my race activities when my youngest was born 2002... work schedule mainly why. Still did some "fun time" racin when I could right thru 2005. I had my first back fracture the end of that year. Took a few months off moved and later in 2006 had a few more fractures occur that defied cause...I checked in the hospital for awhile.

Started building a Ford in 2008... I couldnt afford the chassis to support the motor plus missed my Pontiac addiction so I sold everything Ford I had. Then Deb wasnt finding decent work...so race car money went to family as it should. But that situation has finally turned around...things wont happen as fast as I'd like, but I'll get done eventually. Dont even count me out Jack.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Boost Engineer

Bruce, People's priorities will always be different. Some take massive hits and keep getting back up and trying again the next day.

Glad you are one of the "Get Back Up" types of people. Would be glad to meet you personally one day and talk a lot about boost stuff.

Don't let Jack get you down, He is harmless really. Just stirring the pot.

With all of the chit he has had to deal with over the years, Toilet Chit, "Yes Dear" chit,
and "Baby Diaper" chit you can see why he acts the way that he does on the board. (:>)

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.