Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 01-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Suspended

I think this is a Race section not a MotorHome section. LOL

GTO George

Old 01-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Anybody can build a fast car if they have the money. You go to the top chassis guy and say build me a chassis. Then you go to the top engine guy and say build me an engine. Then you employ the best tuner and say tune my engine. You basically bolt together all the parts(and skills) you paid for and go out and win races. If you build the chassis,engine etc yourself and tune the car yourself that shows real skill and character,especially if it's done on a tight budget. Lots of racers over here say they built their own racecar when in fact they assembled a collection of parts built by other people. I really appreciate a car that performs well but that has obviously been built using ingenuity not an open chequebook.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Suspended

Taff,
I agree 100%

GTO George

Old 01-06-2013, 09:35 PM
Boost Engineer

Thats right George, You bought your Motorhome that pulls your race car, (;>)

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Motorhome race at Norwalk anyone???

Old 01-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Suspended

GTO George

Old 01-06-2013, 11:09 PM

My motorhome makes 500 hp. How much does yours make? Lol

Old 01-06-2013, 11:25 PM

Bruce. I'm in for a motorhome race, but I'll have to hire a driver. I can't shift for *****! George could beat me with half the power. Guess it goes back to getting all that power down the track, kinda like the promod!

Old 01-06-2013, 11:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Q View Post

It's funny to me why it is that no one asks why the screw blown guys aren't going 3.60s to the 1/8 mile, that's what the other screw blown cars are running. Or why the Pro Stock style cars aren't running 6.60s, that's what other Pro Stock cars are running. No one says anything about the piles of money and thousands of hours that everyone else is spending with limited results, but when we make our own best attempt with the modest means that we have, we get a response like "To run with the big dogs you got to spend like the big dogs"? What a pile of crap.

The bottom line is that we are ALL trying to take this pile of junk Pontiac and push it to the next level, to where it's not junk anymore. We're all trying to further the brand.

The big question is, "is it worth it?"

More of my 2 cents. I'll tell ya why I'd bring yalls car up Travis.......I think it's all there to run in the ball park with Brad P or a Petty tuned car! You and Rodney have always been on the leading edge of performance in the pontiac world and Im just crazy enough to Believe in you guys that much! Heck after Cody wadded up his Firebird in Valdosta in '10 we worked day and night to get the '57 Chevy back on the track. Went to quiet a few outlaw races and had a bunch of DNQ's but ya know who I saw qualifying? Some mat black pontiac powered '63 tempest out of Tennessee! Our 4.28's just weren't cutting it and y'all were going a to b and our brad 8 screw car kept falling off the tire at the 1-2 gear change.......and you guys were still going a to b!!!!!!!! Keep up the great work you 2!!!!!! I hope you guys improve on your previous performances.

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.82@159.91 in Joliet May 2024 ….157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23
Old 01-06-2013, 11:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thank you so much for the kind words, they really mean a lot to us!

This deal is tough. I liked it a lot in the beginning, because we were making progress, going faster every outing, and learning so much about the car. Then, around 2010-2011, we sorta hit a plateau where we were gaining some consistency, but werent really going much faster. And we had a lot of parts breakage too, that set us back.

We discovered some things about our combination last year, and I think we're on the verge of some more improvements. But at this point, its going to be hundredths, and not tenths.

We dont have the hardware that alot of the NHRA guys do, but that's AOK by us....there is still improvement to be had, and we hope that 2013 holds better performances for us.

Again, thanks for the kind words and for the support. It makes it easier!

Travis

Old 01-07-2013, 02:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Travis and Rodney,

As you know i build a lot of manifolds for turbo promods,10.5 and drag radial cars. I get to see all the parts and engine platforms that they have to work with. I got to say that with what you guys are running vs what you are working with I AM EXTREMELY IMPRESSED. What you guys are doing ain't no joke. IMO

ph. 248-259-6696
Old 01-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneybutler View Post
Bruce. I'm in for a motorhome race, but I'll have to hire a driver. I can't shift for *****! George could beat me with half the power. Guess it goes back to getting all that power down the track, kinda like the promod!
LOL.

First ultra street/ultimate street NOS car to get into the 4's!
1.079 4.559 153.23.
3100 lbs
7.77 @ 169 1/4 Mile (2015) with EHTTFMF!!
T2TTFMF!

Special Thanks to:
Ron at Rhodes Custom Auto
Butler Peformance
Jim Hostler's Transmissions (HOSGTO) on here
Induction Solutions
BES Racing Engines.
Cheeseburger
VP Racing Fuels
Calvert Racing
Old 01-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by john marcella View Post
Travis and Rodney,

As you know i build a lot of manifolds for turbo promods,10.5 and drag radial cars. I get to see all the parts and engine platforms that they have to work with. I got to say that with what you guys are running vs what you are working with I AM EXTREMELY IMPRESSED. What you guys are doing ain't no joke. IMO
X2!!

First ultra street/ultimate street NOS car to get into the 4's!
1.079 4.559 153.23.
3100 lbs
7.77 @ 169 1/4 Mile (2015) with EHTTFMF!!
T2TTFMF!

Special Thanks to:
Ron at Rhodes Custom Auto
Butler Peformance
Jim Hostler's Transmissions (HOSGTO) on here
Induction Solutions
BES Racing Engines.
Cheeseburger
VP Racing Fuels
Calvert Racing
Old 01-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Someone say bipolar?

http://movieclips.com/Xo5Zm-christma...rk-freaks-out/

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100

Last edited by Region Warrior; 01-07-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Region Warrior View Post
one of my favorite scenes....stopped short though....This gonna be the best christmas since Bing Crosby danced with Dannyfxxking K!

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Boost Engineer

Really George?

Post up the date when you were elected the "spokesman" for the PY Race Section and what the members are interested in?

"All I did was ask one little question about why you guys had to take power out to make it down the track, where other Turbo Pro Mod cars were making it down the track. It wasn't a cut down it was only a question I didn't know the answer to ............now I do. As for compairing it to Bill M's car that was your buddy Tom, I NEVER mentioned Bills car. I for one like your car, as I do any Forced induction Pontiac."

I don't think Travis and Rodney had any problem with me talking about Bill M's Car. Travis has told me several times that it has the ability to be very fast and is a very nice car. Yes, you asked a question and I answered it,

and then you could not let it go, you had to get in the stupid "To run with the big dogs you got to spend like the big dogs" shot back at me.

Another Cheap Shot George, like most of your cheap shots towards me over the years.
I am used to that deal. But you screwed up and started bad-mouthing Rodney and Travis and their performance and their skills and their budget. No one will tolerate that bs in the Race section because they ARE the fastest Pontiac guys out there today and they did it with their own money, their own skills, and their knowledge.

Now you are saying, "I did not say that, I did not mean that", normal bs you always pull when you get confronted.

So your shot at me is routine news, but the other comments you made toward Rodney and Travis are uncalled for. You should apologize like Bill did. At least he was man enough to do it vs you continuing to make more excuses.

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:07 PM
Suspended

Tom,
Give it a rest, it's all over ................Dude.

GTO George

Old 01-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Suspended

Rodney,
No Motor Home racing for me, my Wife would KICK my BUTT in! Besides it has a Ford engine in it............so it's basically a PIG!

GTO George

Old 01-07-2013, 08:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mine would probley blow up then I'd have to tow it
back to michigan with my pump gas 62-tempest.

GT.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:39 PM

George and Tom. It's ok. Not worried about any of this. We're cool. I think you could still beat me in that mh race! I'm still not that good at shifting an Eaton 9 speed. Maybe TQ will install an air shifter.