Originally Posted by ramair View Post
Am I the only one with a dirty mind?
Nope!

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
The Following User Says Thank You to Lloyd-TX For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2014, 05:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default ZZ TOP LYRICS

WHAT!!!????....please do not even tell me Tube Snake Boogie is not about the singers pet snake!?..actually I am guessing that those 3 photos are it?...I wish that JUDGE273 could supersize those other 2...I do like them that much!!

Last edited by transam1972; 02-11-2014 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

By the way, Rocky, my apologies for my participation in this massive thread hi-jack!

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
The Following User Says Thank You to Lloyd-TX For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2014, 06:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramair View Post
Am I the only one with a dirty mind?
No, & I would have no problem with her sitting on my hood!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
The Following User Says Thank You to The Boss For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2014, 06:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
No, & I would have no problem with her sitting on my hood!
I'm thinking the back seat would be ALOT of fun...............

Eye Candy......garage band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUPcHxHRx3s

Go full screen & turn it UP!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2manyT/A'S For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default benifit of a no console, column shift

where I always ended up as my car was a 4 speed and a console...and I was lame enough to take a date to a drive in movie...in the middle of winter...Caligula

Last edited by transam1972; 02-11-2014 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

ok, so after a long week of waiting i can now say that all three of these original slides posted in this thread are in my possession. i knew this car was something different but exactly what i am not sure. according to the old owner of the slides, the original photographer was more interested in the models themselves and NOT the car......also after our conversation, (and a crash course in period photography) i think its safe to say, even though it looks very bright/brilliant, the interior color is probably the OEM 71 T/A blue interior. it goes without saying that this car was repainted a Pearl White. i wish there were more to share but for now it looks like these are the only three shots there are....the dates on all slides are FEB. 71....what a very interesting piece of Pontiac Trans Am history......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140215_200911.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	353180  

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bossbirdta For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2014, 01:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 165th View Post
I just noticed one more small detail in this picture. There is a closure strip between the lower front valance and the bumper. I wonder if that was added just to dress the gap up for show, or if it was some way a precursor to the plastic lower valance?
I don't think there is a strip there. The endure material is black almost like rubber . The area you are talking about was intently not painted, leaving the lower openings to have a blacked out oval shape. I think you are just seeing the lower section of the bumper that was not painted for the reason I just listed.

Old 02-16-2014, 03:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default THE ULTIMATE 1971 TRANS AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbirdta View Post
ok, so after a long week of waiting i can now say that all three of these original slides posted in this thread are in my possession. i knew this car was something different but exactly what i am not sure. according to the old owner of the slides, the original photographer was more interested in the models themselves and NOT the car......also after our conversation, (and a crash course in period photography) i think its safe to say, even though it looks very bright/brilliant, the interior color is probably the OEM 71 T/A blue interior. it goes without saying that this car was repainted a Pearl White. i wish there were more to share but for now it looks like these are the only three shots there are....the dates on all slides are FEB. 71....what a very interesting piece of Pontiac Trans Am history......
....I was close..the Mitchell Mobile was Pearl white and a small bird...I guess we know where the idea came from...do you have a retro vintage slide projector BOSSBIRD,.sorry I only have a super 8 projector...and a screen!!!

Old 02-16-2014, 04:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I had a tough time NOT spilling the beans on this one.........

So.....ummm.....did you her phone #?...

Eye Candy......garage band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUPcHxHRx3s

Go full screen & turn it UP!
Old 12-20-2014, 03:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Update....

Christmas came a little early this year, I recently received a collection of original photographs all of the Pontiac display area taken at the Harrisburg Pa. auto show. most are from 1971 and luckily a few feature thee Blond Bombshell and the infamous but mysterious pearl white 1971 Trans Am Show Car. a few details that caught my eye, looks like the parking lamp fillers are actually silver and not blue as previously thought. the hood bird is the typical second gen. Firebird design and appears to be a black body and blue feathers , and you can see that in some of the shots the car has a front plate and in some it don't. I also notice the exterior door handle lacks the vinyl insert typical with the Custom Interior Option.....

....and as we can see, looks like our Girl had many wardrobe changes through out the event....I personally like the one with the silver dress and go-go boots myself.... enjoy...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Five 71's.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	385052   Click image for larger version

Name:	Three 71's.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	385053  

Old 12-20-2014, 04:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey Now! The gold jumpsuit outfit is amazing lol. Thanks for sharing

Old 12-20-2014, 05:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1971

I would like to time travel and steal that car...only objects survive time travel...she has to stay behind

Old 12-20-2014, 05:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default REFRESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
There quite a car there too...

Old 12-20-2014, 06:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
....and as we can see, looks like our Girl had many wardrobe changes through out the event....I personally like the one with the silver dress and go-go boots myself.... enjoy...
My favorite too - and like David Lee Roth would say "No no no no, don't take them off, don't take them off!"

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 12-21-2014, 09:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Christmas came a little early this year, I recently received a collection of original photographs all of the Pontiac display area taken at the Harrisburg Pa. auto show. most are from 1971 and luckily a few feature thee Blond Bombshell and the infamous but mysterious pearl white 1971 Trans Am Show Car.
Somebody's been 'nice' this year. Santa was very good to you! Those pictures are great. Thanks for posting them.

Old 12-21-2014, 04:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default TRANS AM

besides the pearl paint job (and the girl)...it is interesting what GM was capable of (special paints, etc) for there show cars..somewhere I read an article regarding a OLDSMOBILE Hurst Olds that had the stripe painted on the glass...special rear airfoil...then the car was tricked back to stock and sold...so the car was not wasted...I like that small bird design..a good 2 years till 1973..the Mitchel car is a 72?...anychance GM would change tags, meaning a 71 into a 72...I do not believe they just randomly scrapped cars...even the 1974 John Player went thru 1/4 panel changes to become a 1976..what of the trim tag?

Old 12-25-2014, 09:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsteve View Post
Interesting that there is no blue VIN conformance decal on the inside of the door.
Hi Steve,

mine was never on the door. I don't know if anybody else's VIN conformance sticker was placed inside the jam or not, but that's where mine was and still is. Maybe the guy on the assy. line was new that week, but that's where he put it, installed vertical, about 5" below the striker.

Pigeon Forge, Tn. Grand Rod Run Spring 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUIuGvWWthA

http://s223.photobucket.com/user/fas...d%20Run%202012

Son video'd this...
http://s223.photobucket.com/user/fas...a.mp4.html?o=0
Old 01-29-2015, 07:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default I got a thing for this thread

4mula 73 this is the thread that has the pearl paint Firebird..hoping you use it for inspiration...I just thought that if that is a special pearl paint then the air dams were painted and perhaps even the welting..like the way we are forced to redo our cars now a days