Pontiac - Race The next Level

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Suspended

Well I hate to get into this before posting Jeff's e mail but if there has been NO complaints to HIM before how would he even know about it. It's not like that's all he does at Norwalk is to keep an eye on the Q16.......seriously! Normally they are racing 3 cars and there tent set up. Have anyone tried to talk to them at Norwalk they are always surrounded by tons of people/ customers. Like I said I Will post the e mail later.

GTO George

Old 08-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

hey guys its not that i have a beef with anybody. i want everybody to be aware of how it went down so they dont let it happen to them. if your a racer you go to win money not pass it up for something you wont get because you were an "alternate" thats my point. i also said if i was kauffman and had sponsored anything i would want it to be right not knowing where my money was going or how it is to be split up is not good. jeff may not have handled it the way i thought it should have been handled. thats my opinion and dont really matter. if you put your name on something i would suggest making sure it is all the way it says on fliers or anything else. not saying kauffman did anything or that the track did anything wrong just isnt right to post all 16 cars will be paid if its not true. not out to hang anybody just making sure its changed before next year and maybe be more specific! danny

Old 08-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Well I hate to get into this before posting Jeff's e mail but if there has been NO complaints to HIM before how would he even know about it. It's not like that's all he does at Norwalk is to keep an eye on the Q16.......seriously! Normally they are racing 3 cars and there tent set up. Have anyone tried to talk to them at Norwalk they are always surrounded by tons of people/ customers. Like I said I Will post the e mail later.

GTO George
thanks george. but at the same time like i said if your name and reputation are on the line proof read fliers and such before the event. if that wasnt presented to them then maybe this will enlighten kre to check on stuff before hand thats all.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Suspended

Well i think this whole thread could have been handled better then it was. Racers & NON-racers were ready to hang KRE BEFORE knowing all the facts! Seems to me that's a good way to LOSE a sponcership, not to bright! Specially that they have been sponcering the Q16
Like forever. Ill bet Jeff will look into it.....like I said earlier this was the FIRST he heard about it!

GTO George

Old 08-08-2013, 04:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Well i think this whole thread could have been handled better then it was. Racers & NON-racers were ready to hang KRE BEFORE knowing all the facts! Seems to me that's a good way to LOSE a sponcership, not to bright! Specially that they have been sponcering the Q16
Like forever. Ill bet Jeff will look into it.....like I said earlier this was the FIRST he heard about it!

GTO George
Im sure your probably right on that. Not everybody is out to hang jeff. All i want is for everybody else to understand how the q16 goes and let them know they may not want to go for it as an alternate. That's still my point. I understand it was the first he heard of it but you still have to understand my frustration in it not being dealt with. At least the way i felt it should have been after showing him the paper that plainly says all 16 cars will be paid. Thanks again George

Old 08-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Suspended

Seems to me that $10 could get you $1000, not bad Money. I'm sure things my change. Like I said earlier Jeff asked me for my Opinion......it already started in motion!

GTO George

Old 08-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
I'm not flaming anyone except maybe the promoter, but not KRE or Butlers. I've never had any bad dealings with either of them so I have no reason to flame them.
However, IF I was in a business that relied so heavily on the Pontiac community, I would have been fighting for the 2 racers to get the situation straightened out that day regardless what I had on my plate and IF SD Promotions wouldn't do the right thing, I sure the hell would have. $200 is a small price to pay between the 2 businesses for the bad publicity incurred, rather its justified or not. All this does is open up old wounds. THEN I would let SD Promotions know EXACTLY how I felt privately and then re-evaluate my (financial) involvement in future events, its that simple.
Danny's beef is with KRE and how they personally handled the situation.
Wreckmaster's beef was more with Customer service since he never went to the Butlers directly to rectify the situation if I've read everything to this point correctly. There lies the differences between the two.
VERY well said.. IMO nobody here is placing the blame directly on KRE or Butler both are great companies and I thank them for their continued support. The reason I went to customer service and not Butler is this. As I have always understood it the pays "X" amount of $ to have there name attached to the event or class. Now how the PROMOTER distributes it is entirely up them. So my problem is with S&D not butler As Estep stated its not at all about the money. For me personally I feel like the got over on me and that is what bothers me. To be perfectly honest what pissed me of the most was them telling us our car had won an award then 2 hours later coming back and saying sorry we're gonna give it to someone else!

6.98 @ 199mph
4.53 @ 164mph
Old 08-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckmastr View Post
VERY well said.. IMO nobody here is placing the blame directly on KRE or Butler both are great companies and I thank them for their continued support. The reason I went to customer service and not Butler is this. As I have always understood it the pays "X" amount of $ to have there name attached to the event or class. Now how the PROMOTER distributes it is entirely up them. So my problem is with S&D not butler As Estep stated its not at all about the money. For me personally I feel like the got over on me and that is what bothers me. To be perfectly honest what pissed me of the most was them telling us our car had won an award then 2 hours later coming back and saying sorry we're gonna give it to someone else!
Thank you!
Its unfortunate, but it sounds like you took it twice on Sunday, dry.
BTW, that is one sweet car from top to bottom you have there! Award or no BS award!

Old 08-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

^^^ Thank you Sir

6.98 @ 199mph
4.53 @ 164mph
Old 08-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
Thank you!
Its unfortunate, but it sounds like you took it twice on Sunday, dry.
BTW, that is one sweet car from top to bottom you have there! Award or no BS award!
X2!!!!

Old 08-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Danny, I don't have a beef with you.
I just don't like the idea of making a post that seems to be directed at making KRE look bad.
When in actuality they are not at fault.

Your first course of action should have been with SD Promotions, then if they said who was at fault then make a post on here with all the details.

And not this:

Quote:
you should know how they work scott... i should have expected it from the past with them just ticked me off that i showed up made my run and got nothing.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 08-08-2013, 09:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
What fight would you pay to see? Me vs (?) ? I don't recall mentioning anyone I particular.. it was a general statement about douchebags.
I don't know, you tell me?

Your Quote:
Quote:
Karma takes too long...I would prefer to beat the phuck out of some people now!
I guess you could be shadow boxing?

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 08-08-2013, 10:04 PM
Suspended

You said YOU would pay to see THAT fight... "that" is very specific so man up nutswinger and tell use who THAT fight involves..

Old 08-08-2013, 10:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
I just don't like the idea of making a post that seems to be directed at making KRE look bad.

Your first course of action should have been with SD Promotions, then if they said who was at fault then make a post on here with all the details.

And not this:

John i went to guest services then searched for pete and andy could not find them and nobody i asked could either then stopped and asked glenn sedick and he suggested talking to kauffman. Now my fault for taking the advice of somebody who also sponsors races. That i will apologize for but still dont change the fact that all i did was make it known for the next person to not be misled. Dont care whos fault it is still dont make it right.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If I was the sponsor of the class or race, I would have second thoughts about it in the future. KRE's name was first mentioned and as it goes, seems like some piling on. But the same was true for the Butler sponsored race. As a matter of fact, Glen Sedig was never paid from last year (2012) for winning best reaction time in the heads up class. Who is the common denominator here?

Danny, it's total BS that this has happened and I would be on the phone with two groups, first Super Duty Promotions, then the Baders.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

Old 08-09-2013, 07:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65nss4spdGTO View Post
If I was the sponsor of the class or race, I would have second thoughts about it in the future. KRE's name was first mentioned and as it goes, seems like some piling on. But the same was true for the Butler sponsored race. As a matter of fact, Glen Sedig was never paid from last year (2012) for winning best reaction time in the heads up class. Who is the common denominator here?

Danny, it's total BS that this has happened and I would be on the phone with two groups, first Super Duty Promotions, then the Baders.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420
dont care about the money its the point that it was in writing all 16 cars are paid. if kre is not in charge then fine i appoligize to them for even mentioning them. my point is still the same they need to know how its being paid out there name is on the sheet and if they put up the money to be paid out to 16 places where did the money they paid go? the way i see it is somebody ended up with the money i should have got and kre didnt get the full deal of there sponsorship. just the way i see it. i just think it should be better organized.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post

And not this:

some things your just not aware of....

Old 08-09-2013, 08:15 AM
Suspended

Listen this whole thread is stupid, KRE did Nothing wrong, they supply the money and WE should be thankful they do!! They Didn't make the rules and had no knowledge of them, heck I've been running the Q16 longer then anyone here bitching sbout it and I didn't know about the rules, So unless you guys have another sponcer willing to kick in the money I would just calm down. I for one like the race and I don't have a problem with it. This is not the way to get rules change ( by trying to hang the sponcer) VERY stupid!

GTO George

Old 08-09-2013, 08:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

George you are the worst spokes person KRE could ever ask for IMO. You just don't get it or cant comprehend what is be said in here. NO ONE HERE IS BASHING KRE The thread is titled "Q16". You can try and read into it all you want but it is not about them. All he said was he asked KRE about it and they did not have a answer. We understand where the problem lies (S&D). So don't get all butt hurt about it and STFU! You are the one who is repeatedly bringing their name into it.

6.98 @ 199mph
4.53 @ 164mph

Last edited by wreckmastr; 08-09-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Where are the RULES published that state "all 16 places will be paid...unless you are an alternate?" Everyone reading this is in agreement that everyone running first round should have been paid if you made a pass, alternate or not.

No one has said they are not thankful for the sponsorship KRE has put forth. After a few posts were made and folks understood the situation, it quickly turned to many stating they would be upset if they were in KRE's shoes. If my name was on a sponsorship, I would damn well make sure those running the race I sponsored were taken care of. At the end of the day, KRE's name is on the race, not SD Promotions (which seems to be where the problem lies).

No one is on a KRE witch hunt, get off of your damn bandwagon! People are trying to understand the situation.

It is apparent that KRE sponsors the Q16 and has little to no input on how their money is spent. Wise or not? That is for them to decide. At the end of the day, SD Promo and/or the track owes Danny and Sikgoat an answer and that has been the case for the last several pages.

No one is trying to change rules that I can see...people just want what is advertised followed!

But while we are on the subject of rule changes...I think having 8 open bodied slots and 8 full bodied for the format is f'ing stupid. There has not been a full open bodied field for the 15 years I have been attending the event (that I can remember anyway). The way the rules are written, what is stopping someone from showing up in a 12second rail and taking the money because the field is nowhere near full on the open body side. I think the Q16 should be the quickest 16 qualifiers...period! That would eliminate filling all the door cars into the open slots when only 3 open show up. Would only make alternates on no shows and cars with breakage. My 2 cents...