Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 12-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks Tom... I'm sure we'll meet up eventually.

Right now got to get Deb some Christmas stuff. She came home early...I'm rebuilding some Stromberg 97's on the dining room table...she asked whose they were, grabbed Stacie and they've gone shoppin... how many wives would tolerate that? Going to have to go find something speacial for her.
Catch up with you later.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Why do people feel the need to stir the pot Tom?

Old 12-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

why is it that every time someone posts something on here about head porting or new parts someone has to bash the crap out of it and tell them they are doing it wrong? if you want to try something your own way or develop your own port on any head more power to ya!! . but no everyone has a opinion on how it needs to be done or its wrong. this **** gets old , i say if someone is trying to better the pontiac engine head choices or add new port options or head chioces i say good job whether it is the latest and greatest part or porting job isnt the point to me . the fact that people are trying to refine whats out there and develop new parts is a plus to me. why would you want to come out with a head say an e head develop 3 or 4 port options and call it done. yup thats all you get , too bad if you want more. thats just bs. this constant bickering is ridiculous! sounds like a bunch of kids talking about who's dad can beat up who's dad. grow up and get over yourselves. you ***s make me wanna build a bbc.

67 LE MANS in pieces...
68 gto
84 grand prix twin turbo 496 pontiac 25.3 cage
Old 12-21-2012, 11:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemans411 View Post
why is it that every time someone posts something on here about head porting or new parts someone has to bash the crap out of it and tell them they are doing it wrong? if you want to try something your own way or develop your own port on any head more power to ya!! . but no everyone has a opinion on how it needs to be done or its wrong. this **** gets old , i say if someone is trying to better the pontiac engine head choices or add new port options or head chioces i say good job whether it is the latest and greatest part or porting job isnt the point to me . the fact that people are trying to refine whats out there and develop new parts is a plus to me. why would you want to come out with a head say an e head develop 3 or 4 port options and call it done. yup thats all you get , too bad if you want more. thats just bs. this constant bickering is ridiculous! sounds like a bunch of kids talking about who's dad can beat up who's dad. grow up and get over yourselves. you ***s make me wanna build a bbc.

Well said!

Tom Syron

Old 12-22-2012, 12:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemans411 View Post
400's vs 455's
Torque vs HP
Hand iron vs Edelbrocks
Butler vs Kauffman
IA vs MR1
Many more I've missed... and these days, albeit past years... ECM and E's vs CV's...

Same stuff over the years, the players just change from time to time. Unfortunately it's easy to get noticed when you're pissing in a very small pool Don't let it get you down - Keep livin' the dream!

Old 12-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Suspended

Ditto....................why too much pissing going on! We're all here for the same reason to go quick and NOT break.

GTO George

Old 12-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Three Stooge syndrome.......Moe, Larry, Cheese!

Old 12-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Im not bashing just asked why. As for the this being an on going thing, its nothing that some track results wouldnt put a stop to.
All the things Torment listed pretty much ended once the track results started rolling in.

Old 12-22-2012, 01:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturrbo406 View Post
... this thread is not about CV-1's Jack ...
True, but Jason said something untrue about another HP head that runs well. Trying to make up for the inadaquecies in his motor, so just threw a little jab back

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 12-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
True, but Jason said something untrue about another HP head that runs well. Trying to make up for the inadaquecies in his motor, so just threw a little jab back
Great.... Lil Jack is the truth police now.

Old 12-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Did he??? And what was it that Jason said???? Dont just make an accusation with nothing to back it up. Refresh our memory.

This is getting child like... what is the real point of the negativity Jack?

Old 12-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

16.5 - 1 compression, really he thinks its that high?

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 12-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I took it as a friendly jab especially when you mention an absolute CLASS ACT like Dave.Ok I thought Dave said it was that high when we talked about his motor a few weeks ago.

And my inadaquet motor? GEEEEEZ thanks again for reminding me of my inadaquet tune up I ran all year long,that left about 60 horsepower on the table.Which proves I still have a lot to learn!It did yield a 2-3 mph gain,after Bill played with my heads a bit,even with my inadaquet tune up. And with the amount I had to spend to get that work done makes a gain like that very worth it! Now after the dyno session and knowing we're there's a bit more in that motor I have to "race the budget"I have a forged crank that has a limit if I want some longevity out of it,so it's gota last ALL SEASON LONG!*

The comments about Bill not having any track/Dyno results just made me wonder if I missed something.I jumped in to mention I had Bill do some work on my heads and I picked up ET and MPH. So don't hate!

Sure I could've gone with someone else but after a 10min phone conversation it doesn't take long to realize the passion he has for the work *he does. He plays with one head flows it. And then posts the results if there's gains/progress........Which happens often. Then names his port for a reference point. Then takes what he learns from one head applies it to another brand cylinder head flows it and low and behold more gains,posts results.And then repeats the process. All the while the Pontiac community is constantly getting better from Bills small corner of the market.Which I dont know bout y'all I like hearing progress reports,So thanks Bill.

And Bill you say lil Jack has a hard on for you? .......He probably does ONLY because he thinks he can get you pregnant.

Now that was a friendly jab

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.82@159.91 in Joliet May 2024 ….157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23
Old 12-22-2012, 03:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/st 54 View Post
And Bill you say lil Jack has a hard on for you? .......He probably does ONLY because he thinks he can get you pregnant.

..... .....

Old 12-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/st 54 View Post
I took it as a friendly jab especially when you mention an absolute CLASS ACT like Dave.Ok I thought Dave said it was that high when we talked about his motor a few weeks ago.

And my inadaquet motor? GEEEEEZ thanks again for reminding me of my inadaquet tune up I ran all year long,that left about 60 horsepower on the table.Which proves I still have a lot to learn!It did yield a 2-3 mph gain,after Bill played with my heads a bit,even with my inadaquet tune up. And with the amount I had to spend to get that work done makes a gain like that very worth it! Now after the dyno session and knowing we're there's a bit more in that motor I have to "race the budget"I have a forged crank that has a limit if I want some longevity out of it,so it's gota last ALL SEASON LONG!*

The comments about Bill not having any track/Dyno results just made me wonder if I missed something.I jumped in to mention I had Bill do some work on my heads and I picked up ET and MPH. So don't hate!

Sure I could've gone with someone else but after a 10min phone conversation it doesn't take long to realize the passion he has for the work *he does. He plays with one head flows it. And then posts the results if there's gains/progress........Which happens often. Then names his port for a reference point. Then takes what he learns from one head applies it to another brand cylinder head flows it and low and behold more gains,posts results.And then repeats the process. All the while the Pontiac community is constantly getting better from Bills small corner of the market.Which I dont know bout y'all I like hearing progress reports,So thanks Bill.

Have a good Christmas Jason.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 12-22-2012, 04:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Question

Can the KRE High Port flow 400 with an 80cc chamber they offer without shafts........... std pushrod location?

Old 12-22-2012, 04:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

well if anyone has proven his ability to impregnate....I'd say jack is right up there in the rankings...just sayin

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money Pit View Post
Why do people feel the need to stir the pot Tom?
Basically, because it gets so "B O R I N G" on this board otherwise. It is WINTER and the race "Rap" is several months off.

The Race Section has basically turned into either a Bragging Forum or a B*tching Forum.

There is no other forum where so little real hardware info gets passed around. Basically is bash the Hardware, bash the Cars, bash the People, bash the Vendors. Once in a great while someone will post up a new Personal Record for their vehicle or say that they are building a new combo and what are the guesses on what it will make.

The Race Forum is basically the Race Clubhouse. Talk your rap, bla, bla, bla.

Check it out, IN EVERY OTHER FORUM the members are helping each other. Not here.
(Not to say that off line members aren't talking to each other and passing on info, but not on this forum.)

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PONTIAC DUDE View Post
Can the KRE High Port flow 400 with an 80cc chamber they offer without shafts........... std pushrod location?
Ken,

It's my understanding the larger chambers have the valve position moved closer to the short turn. When that is done, you generally give up flow. My 340 CFM E-heads give up about 20 CFM when then same program is run on the 87cc heads.

I've had a few sets of KRE HP's in my shop, but the highest flowing non-offset head was this one:

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...=637531&page=2

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

Old 12-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post
well if anyone has proven his ability to impregnate....I'd say jack is right up there in the rankings...just sayin
Yet another absolute true statement I think that's why Bill got SCARED.LOL

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.82@159.91 in Joliet May 2024 ….157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23