Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 01-21-2013, 10:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/st 54 View Post
WELL!...... AIN'T YOU SPECIAL? The Pontiac fan in me is most deffinately excited to see this development. The racer in me says (and I hate to agree with the other guys sorry) lets see it on a motor go down the track!
But for now I hope Tim starts cracking the whip on you and Cody!!!!The 2013 Race season starts in 24 days!!!!
Keep up the good work!!!!
24 days??? man it was -7 out today here . feels like racing wont start for 24 weeks here
!

67 LE MANS in pieces...
68 gto
84 grand prix twin turbo 496 pontiac 25.3 cage
Old 01-21-2013, 10:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
WELL!...... AIN'T YOU SPECIAL? The Pontiac fan in me is most deffinately excited to see this development. The racer in me says (and I hate to agree with the other guys sorry) lets see it on a motor go down the track!
But for now I hope Tim starts cracking the whip on you and Cody!!!!The 2013 Race season starts in 24 days!!!!
I figured I'd say this before Bill set my ears on fire.
I would like to see these heads/combo mentioned on a motor do you can establish some kind of baseline. Something,anything would look good on a timeslip! I also realize this stuff doesn't happen overnight but the fan in me would really like to see something.

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.854@160.12 in Brainerd MN 7/2024
Old 01-21-2013, 11:03 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturrbo406 View Post
... and how long have you been workin' on yours Scott ??? ...

... remember, John asked the question, so i just answered him, that's all ...
Which one? I have 2....

Old 01-21-2013, 11:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemans411 View Post
24 days??? man it was -7 out today here . feels like racing wont start for 24 weeks here
!
Yeah. Those division Badasses Jimmy,Dave have there first race in Gainsville FL on Feb 15-17. And I've been doing an awful lot of homework on the Double division race in Phoenix Feb29-March3.........Yeah the DA has been in 1000' area out in Phoenix the last couple of days. I figure it's about time to start tracking weather patterns out there....and FWIW for shts and giggles I looked up Cecil county and it was like -1900ft! I'm over it those guys have fast tracks out there and I think it's awesome! Good for those guys. After hearing yet another track is closing I'm just happy those guys have a place to race out there that's close. Hell I'll admit it I'm jealous of those east coast guys they have quiet a few nice places to race in a reasonable distance.

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”

Old 01-21-2013, 11:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Quote:
I figured I'd say this before Bill set my ears on fire.
I would like to see these heads/combo mentioned on a motor do you can establish some kind of baseline. Something,anything would look good on a timeslip! I also realize this stuff doesn't happen overnight but the fan in me would really like to see something.

... Jason, i just finished the port today ?? ... I mean, .. Really ?? ...

Old 01-22-2013, 12:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
... are you saying you think this combo is going to explode ?? ... i'm not sure what you meant there is all ...
... ok John, i'd like to know what your as cast Pee Pee heads would do huh ??? ... j/k

... now that's funny and you know it !!! ...

I meant BAM! As in , BOOYA, WOW, KICK AZZ, HOLY MACRO, and the legendary WOOOOOOOOO, but not the Rick Flair WOOOOOOOOOO, that will come when i bust that AZZZZZZZ with my junk azz in-line Pro Ports.

ph. 248-259-6696
Old 01-22-2013, 12:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
How long did it take me???? And im not even set up to do heads any more. Come on TICK TOCK !!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO

ph. 248-259-6696
Old 01-22-2013, 12:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by john marcella View Post
I meant BAM! As in , BOOYA, WOW, KICK AZZ, HOLY MACRO, and the legendary WOOOOOOOOO, but not the Rick Flair WOOOOOOOOOO, that will come when i bust that AZZZZZZZ with my junk azz in-line Pro Ports.

... oh, ok, i wasn't sure so i asked, lol ...

Old 01-22-2013, 12:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
How long did it take me???? And im not even set up to do heads any more. Come on TICK TOCK !!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO
... lol, i'm going i'm going ...

Old 01-22-2013, 01:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Well Bill,of coarse I don't expect anything to go together over night. Like I said the racer in me is just thinking out loud with the what if's. I don't care if it's a NA port to a Twinturrbo port. All I was doing was getting excited about the good work you've done. Soooooo in my best Ron White voice"EEEEEEEASY SEABICUIT".
But I will say if anyone could make something happen over night or try like hell to make something happen overnight it would be you. You have proved that time and time again that your not skeeered of hard work and long hours.......I hope you took that as a compliment cause I have that much faith in ya and that's how I meant it.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:57 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Quote:
... lol, i'm going i'm going ...
No you aren't... you're sitting there thumpin' on a keyboard, just like all the rest of us!

... or has a Pontiac born the same year as Jim Wangers? (1926}
Old 01-22-2013, 09:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Safe to say we are all awaiting the completed product, hopefully this season. This is absolutely going to be a cutting edge,well thought application.

Thanks for having the balls to post it and build it.

Turbo 535, CV 1 heads.

Built by Cerralli Competition Engines

Tenth Anniversary (Van Nuys) restored.
Tenth Anniversary Barn Find (Norwood)
Both 4 speeds!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Bill has his short deck 434 goin together too...Frankenstein... amazing what else is coming... my behind the scene view tells me there are good things going on and they benefit us in the long run... well most of us anyway.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
OHSNAPTHATJUSTHAPPENED!!!

First ultra street/ultimate street NOS car to get into the 4's!
1.079 4.559 153.23.
3100 lbs
7.77 @ 169 1/4 Mile (2015) with EHTTFMF!!
T2TTFMF!

Special Thanks to:
Ron at Rhodes Custom Auto
Butler Peformance
Jim Hostler's Transmissions (HOSGTO) on here
Induction Solutions
BES Racing Engines.
Cheeseburger
VP Racing Fuels
Calvert Racing
Old 01-22-2013, 04:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
... lol, Port-Master Bill ...

... well, this combo will have a set of "CV-385/RacePlate" heads, our Billet Tunnel Ram, a pair of A.P.D. carbs, Off-Set Shaft Rockers & Offset Key'd Lifters (BIG), Titanium valve train (5/16), BIG pushrods, High Compression and a custom set of headers spec'd for the combo ...

... the block will be our Water Jacketed Billet Block, with a 9.300 deck, 68mm cam tunnel (roller bearing) 500c.i. with BBC/SBC main & rod journals, custom billet crank for this block, our "Billet-Cage" with priority main oiling option, Peterson dry sump system, & crank trigger ...

... we will be looking to turn this combo around 9,100-9,500 rpm ...
Holy chit if marcellas JUNK was 45,000 this would be 60,000 but sounds fast..

First ultra street/ultimate street NOS car to get into the 4's!
1.079 4.559 153.23.
3100 lbs
7.77 @ 169 1/4 Mile (2015) with EHTTFMF!!
T2TTFMF!

Special Thanks to:
Ron at Rhodes Custom Auto
Butler Peformance
Jim Hostler's Transmissions (HOSGTO) on here
Induction Solutions
BES Racing Engines.
Cheeseburger
VP Racing Fuels
Calvert Racing
Old 01-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This port package will be very affordable compared to what else it available on the market, and none of them go 500+ cfm, this will use the retool casting which might cost a little more than the original cv1 casting, plus shaft rockers and maybe different lifters.Maybe Bill can give us a rough guess of the price, might want to nail him down on a price now before the port proves itself and makes big numbers

Old 01-22-2013, 07:50 PM
Suspended

Not to pick a fight but... 500cfm doesnt mean anything until it proves itself on the track. You can have a good 425cfm head that out preforms a bad 500cfm head on the track. Not saying Bills port work is bad, just that cfm doesn't mean a lot. I have seen low 300cfm EHeads out preform 370cfm Eheads on the track. I hope Bills heads go out and make lots of power.........SOON!

Old 01-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via ICQ to Hammertime Mike

Just got back from Mondello's and was able to watch Bill flow the head. The flow numbers are real and the air sound through the port is not "angry". Nice work Bill. As I posted earlier for Bill to map it, shelf it, and start on another. Tim just brought in another raw head for Bill to work on.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well after talking to Bill he is still on the same time schedule as he has always been on, and that is everything gets done when its done, nothing will change that. You're right, 500 cfm doesn't mean anything, I just use it as a way to describe the head compared to the others.But I will say after knowing Bill for 20 years in my mind its safe to say it will make power and its a ''Good'' 500 cfm head. If thats not enough you can always use the opinion of some of the top porters around and that opinion is Bill is talented.

Whenever these new ports hit the track or dyno some people wont be too happy, be careful what you wish for so to speak, because when they do hit the track the real fun begins

Not saying you Scott, you've always been pretty fair to cv1 stuff, I know you just want results and believe me so do I

Last edited by GREATGTO; 01-22-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammertime Mike View Post
Just got back from Mondello's and was able to watch Bill flow the head. The flow numbers are real and the air sound through the port is not "angry". Nice work Bill. As I posted earlier for Bill to map it, shelf it, and start on another. Tim just brought in another raw head for Bill to work on.
No problem for''The Port Master''