THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

View Poll Results: Red Air Cleaner Decal
I have one, I know it's not original, but I like it on my car 5 4.76%
I thought they were original so I bought one and installed it 1 0.95%
I hate them! They are for Buicks and should be peeled off whenever spotted 41 39.05%
It came on the car and I left it on there 5 4.76%
It's your car, do whatever you want 53 50.48%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60man View Post
What happened to the air cleaner decal?..
Looks good. I'm fond of multi-carbs..more the merrier.
I didn't want to buy three of them

Old 05-20-2014, 10:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Some Pontiac owners have decal envy. Pontiac didn't use stickers all over their motors like the other brands did. I think some Pontiac guys see decals on air cleaners on other brands and feel left out. I like the fact that Pontiac didn't put stickers on the air cleaners. It kept the competition guessing. I wouldn't mind the 400-4 decals so much if they weren't based on Buicks decals. JMO.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:52 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry H. View Post
I hate them because when I see one it immediately tells me that the owner doesn't know anything about Pontiacs. I know it's your car, but you don't have to show off your ignorance.
No. YOU draw the unsubstantiated conclusion that the owner doesn't know Pontiac. Without descending to insults here, what do you think you know that I don't?
It's a sticker. I like it - you don't.

I also have a sticker that says "Nosy little f***er aren't you" on the underside of the hood that you can only see up through the hole in the ram air pan just for those who get really curious about the ram air gear. I giggle when I see somebody lean in to see what the sticker says and then look around to see if anybody's watching them once they read it. I'm pretty sure it's not stock (but it should have been!) but if you ever see me in person feel free to point out that it's not "correct", I won't take offense or do anything drastic. I have it because I like it. I just don't see why that's important to anybody else.

1970 GTO, 455+.034", 0 deck, Wiseco's, Eagle rods, 60919, Rhoads, E-Heads, 1.65 Scorpions, RPM, Custom Qjet by Cliff, Doug's 1 7/8", THM 400, Gear Vendors OD, 3.55s.........Her name is Blandorf; after a girl I knew once, 'cause she's just Bitchin, always.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:54 AM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_Krewzer View Post
I didn't want to buy three of them
AAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Old 05-20-2014, 10:56 AM
Senior Chief

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Stu View Post
I also have a sticker that says "Nosy little f***er aren't you" on the underside of the hood that you can only see up through the hole in the ram air pan just for those who get really curious about the ram air gear. I giggle when I see somebody lean in to see what the sticker says and then look around to see if anybody's watching them once they read it. I'm pretty sure it's not stock (but it should have been!) but if you ever see me in person feel free to point out that it's not "correct", I won't take offense or do anything drastic. I have it because I like it. I just don't see why that's important to anybody else.
You're a real wiseass. I like that in a person!

Old 05-20-2014, 10:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Stu View Post
Oh come on, you can't post that and NOT show us a picture!

Lets see it!!!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 05-20-2014, 11:05 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulatFast View Post

If your bird has a 428 and you want to advertise the fact, great! Put the sticker on! Doesn't bother me one bit! That's a modification.
More of an "esthetic enhancement" than a true modification like aftermarket wheels or cheap Chinese chrome do-dads from Summit......esthetically enhancing at least in some owners eyes.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:08 AM
Senior Chief

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRooney View Post
More of an "esthetic enhancement" than a true modification like aftermarket wheels or cheap Chinese chrome do-dads from Summit......esthetically enhancing at least in some owners eyes.
Uh-oh. You mean like my valve covers?

I may have to have my car crushed soon.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:37 AM
Senior Chief

Question

Would this thread be the proper one to mention that I hate Quadrajets, and I have an Edelbrock 1406 on my car? I know it's not "correct" or "factory," I just like AFBs and consider the Q-Jet to be a notoriously leaky, boggy POS.

Fortunately, the air cleaner hides it, so no "purists" were harmed in the mounting of the carburetor.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dillon View Post
Would this thread be the proper one to mention that I hate Quadrajets, and I have an Edelbrock 1406 on my car?
As long as your E carb has the correct date stamp, and the correct amount and shade of overspray and in the correct locations, you're good to go.

If not, then I'm not quite sure how you show your face in public. Oh, the humanity of it all!

Old 05-20-2014, 12:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good debate and conversation about a topic is not really possable here anymore is it? You guys don't seem to even understand what the discussion is about. It's just a Keyboard Cowboy Rodeo! Flashing fingers and slinging clap at the wall to try and get under somebody's skin... Well it isn't working. I think it is somewhat sad.

My site... needs updated-
www.fastrestorations.com

68 GTO's (RA II, RA I, HO, convert, Pro Street, Racecar, etc.), 2 69 GTO Judges, 70 GTO racecar -10.77 @ 124mph, 68 Tempest survivor, 3 03 Aztecs!
Old 05-20-2014, 12:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've found my sticker, and no whiners.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	no stickers.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	364154   Click image for larger version

Name:	no whiners.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	4.1 KB