I can't wait to see how quick he goes with a good set of heads on it,

GTO George
Lol - Big shoes to fill...

Old 03-21-2017, 01:00 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Goat1 View Post
Lol - Big shoes to fill...

Not really! He should have changed heads for Indy, damn anything would have been better.

GTO George

Old 03-21-2017, 01:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Not really! He should have changed heads for Indy, damn anything would have been better.

GTO George
What other Pontiac heads have made as much power (or more)and went as fast (or faster) than the Edelbrock Performer RPM heads?

Old 03-21-2017, 01:21 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
What other Pontiac heads have made as much power (or more)and went as fast (or faster) as the Edelbrock Performer RPM heads?

How many other racers are doing what he is doing.........that will answer your question. Seriously the BIGGER the port the more you can shove in.........just common sense. Again how many Pro Mods running e-Heads.....that also will answer the question, there is a reason!

GTO George

Old 03-21-2017, 01:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
How many other racers are doing what he is doing.........that will answer your question. Seriously the BIGGER the port the more you can shove in.........just common sense. Again how many Pro Mods running e-Heads.....that also will answer the question, there is a reason!

GTO George
Butler/Quinlan off the top of my head. Marty P ran real fast with E-heads. This isn't an isolated case. I don't know how many Pro-mods are running E-heads but I've seen a lot of Pro-mods loose races against Pro-mods with E-heads.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:45 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
Butler/Quinlan off the top of my head. Marty P ran real fast with E-heads. This isn't an isolated case. I don't know how many Pro-mods are running E-heads but I've seen a lot of Pro-mods loose races against Pro-mods with E-heads.
Oh STOP......don't be silly. You named two freaking Pontiacs. "Marty's car ran real fast" seriously....20 years ago!

GTO George

Old 03-21-2017, 02:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Chiefs door car in the 3's is the record I believe...

Chiefs deal is going to be a good test...running like he does and then change heads and intake and take it to the track...either going to be a great thing for someone or a terrible thing. I think it will pick up some because I think the CV is a good power adder head...

Myself I would have went with a RAV head if I was changing from an E-head...

Old 03-21-2017, 02:10 PM
Suspended

OK its like this........Butler aint going to run any head except E-heads, KRE aint going to run any head except for their heads, same with AllPontiac......its their Business no matter how much better the other heads are. Doesn't take a Genius to figure that out.....too bad we could have some really quick Pontiacs out there if they just opened up a little. Me if I like it I will buy it I don't care who sells it.

GTO George

Old 03-21-2017, 02:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Billet RA5 ttfmf
BossBird ttfmf

Old 03-21-2017, 02:46 PM
Boost Engineer

As George says There Are "Better" heads out there vs the E-Heads, I think Don's heads being one of them, High Ports being another, CV-x heads, Tiger Heads, Visner heads, even Larry's old heads. They all have more flow area vs the old Non wide Port E-Heads.
And Boosted Engines like flow area, be it from big single ports or from 4 Valve type heads.

When a 5.0L Coyote engine with 4 valve heads can make 1400 RWHP it is not in the displacement, it is from the flow area of the port and the boost pressure.
Melissa Urist’s Hellion-boosted GT is the most powerful street S550 around

https://www.svtperformance.com/2016/...-2015-mustang/

The engine does not care whose name is on it, it does care how the engine breathes and what it sees for mass flow thru the cylinders.

Which is why George WILL be in the 7s when he gets his larger supercharger.

Chief will go fast with the new heads as they have more flow area, not because they are canted valve (but that does help somewhat with a smaller bore size engine.

50 psi of boost is another reason why his 482 engine runs well, and in the 3s.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:51 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
As George says There Are "Better" heads out there vs the E-Heads, I think Don's heads being one of them, High Ports being another, CV-x heads, Tiger Heads, Visner heads, even Larry's old heads. They all have more flow area vs the old Non wide Port E-Heads.
And Boosted Engines like flow area, be it from big single ports or from 4 Valve type heads.

When a 5.0L Coyote engine with 4 valve heads can make 1400 RWHP it is not in the displacement, it is from the flow area of the port and the boost pressure.
Melissa Urist’s Hellion-boosted GT is the most powerful street S550 around

https://www.svtperformance.com/2016/...-2015-mustang/

The engine does not care whose name is on it, it does care how the engine breathes and what it sees for mass flow thru the cylinders.

Which is why George WILL be in the 7s when he gets his larger supercharger.

Chief will go fast with the new heads as they have more flow area, not because they are canted valve (but that does help somewhat with a smaller bore size engine.

50 psi of boost is another reason why his 482 engine runs well, and in the 3s.

Tom V.

Gosh Tom you just keep talking to talk, Im not going to a bigger supercharger......Dons heads a way better then junk e-heads.......chiefs car already ran in the 3.90's. Canted valves are one reason for the heads to flow better (larger valves). Your post was completely useless!!

GTO George

Last edited by GTOGEORGE; 03-21-2017 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:22 PM
Boost Engineer

Everyone has their opinion George, yours is usually wrong.
Why are you trying to sell your supercharger, getting out of racing?
If not I doubt if you are going to race your wife's street car so that implies moving to a larger boosting device, since you are trying to sell your 8-71 in the parts section. Everyone has seen the sales post. Everyone knows you ran a 8-71 supercharger.

You sure can lie in a big way for being such a small guy.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:36 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Everyone has their opinion George, yours is usually wrong.
Why are you trying to sell your supercharger, getting out of racing?
If not I doubt if you are going to race your wife's street car so that implies moving to a larger boosting device, since you are trying to sell your 8-71 in the parts section. Everyone has seen the sales post. Everyone knows you ran a 8-71 supercharger.

You sure can lie in a big way for being such a small guy.

Tom V.

Noooo, Tommy Boy Im not going to a BIGGER blower as I've said in another thread (or maybe this one) i would like to go with a more efficient blower.........SAME size (8-71) just more efficient! Soon Tommy did I lie.........."NO".......I don't lie.

GTO George

Old 03-21-2017, 04:08 PM
Boost Engineer

Unless you go large screw blower from Whipple, you are just fooling yourself (as usual).
With efficiency you gain in one area and lose in another area. Anyone who understands Turbos or Superchargers understands that deal.

Really sad you hear a catch word or a sales come-on and off you go.
Really do not have a clue how it works.

Tom V.

Old 03-21-2017, 04:13 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Unless you go large screw blower from Whipple, you are just fooling yourself (as usual).
With efficiency you gain in one area and lose in another area. Anyone who understands Turbos or Superchargers understands that deal.

Really sad you hear a catch word or a sales come-on and off you go.
Really do not have a clue how it works.

Tom V.

You have know idea what u are talking about I know superchargers my performance and consistent laps in my car speaks for itself. You need to stick with turbos and street stuff.

GTO George

Old 03-21-2017, 04:21 PM
Boost Engineer

You don't know chit about Superchargers.
Any one one the board can see that the efficiency of the roots supercharger goes DOWN as the Boost goes up or the Blower RPM goes up.

You are so full of chit.

Why don't we let the board decide? see attached supercharger map.

Tom V.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roots_Supercharger_efficiency_map.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	450296  

Old 03-21-2017, 04:28 PM
Suspended

You PUTZ.....all I'm looking for is 2-3 lbs of added boost, damn give it a rest "wanna be" boy! You have NO idea what I'm trying to do.

GTO George

Old 03-21-2017, 08:12 PM
Boost Engineer

Efficiency means (in simple terms for the rest of the board, not the wealth of all knowledge on superchargers) a lower heating of the air intake charge.

If the intake charge temp is ALREADY being cooled by the Methanol inducted into the supercharger then that is what is controlling the air density and mass flow thru the engine not one or two points on a efficiency curve.

15 psi is 1 pressure ratio. the graph is shown in 10ths of a pressure ratio.
The expert runs less that 15 psi or 2 pressure ratio, he says. (;>)
So if he wants a couple of psi improvement, then the efficiency will actually drop by some percentage, not go up, because the methanol has already cooled the intake charge, and higher boost as shown on the graph means less efficiency.

So the expert knows how to throw out words like "efficiency" but does not know what they mean or how it works. Now he says he wants to add more boost.
The story constantly changes. Just more BS. Hope he is not paying a lot for that efficiency upgrade, LOL!

Tom V.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:13 PM
Boost Engineer

Efficiency means (in simple terms for the rest of the board, (not the wealth of all knowledge on superchargers posting above) a lower heating of the air intake charge.

If the intake charge temp is ALREADY being cooled by the Methanol inducted into the supercharger then that is what is controlling the air density and mass flow thru the engine not one or two points on a efficiency curve.

15 psi is 1 pressure ratio. the graph is shown in 10ths of a pressure ratio.
The expert runs less that 15 psi or 2 pressure ratio, he says. (;>)
So if he wants a couple of psi improvement, then the efficiency will actually drop by some percentage, not go up, because the methanol has already cooled the intake charge, and higher boost as shown on the graph means less efficiency.

So the expert knows how to throw out words like "efficiency" but does not know what they mean or how it works. Now he says he wants to add more boost.
The story constantly changes. Just more BS. Hope he is not paying a lot for that efficiency upgrade, LOL!

Tom V.

Old 03-21-2017, 10:12 PM
Suspended

Efficiency - "the ability to avoid waste"
AKA....to get as much BOOST out of each rotation of the (rotors) as possible! FYI efficiency is MY word no one else. YOU Sir need to stick with turbos......Roots Blowers are out of your league!
Your post is a waste of everyones time who read it.

GTO George